Can Certain Rate Pricing Be Limited to 2 Guests Only?

keishashadow

Not sure whether this is fallout from CCLs new web design or not?

When trying to price out current cruise (daily, checking my current ES booking rate as monitoring system i was using isn't fixed yet), i can only price out cabins for 2 pax.

When i input 3 pax, i get a message that no cabins are available.:confused:

Im checking both 'rack rate' & PG/Sr/Resident/Military, none r showing availability in my category.

When i check on a TA site, all categories appear available, including the one i have booked.

Anybody else having this issue?

make sure you clear all past history, cookies, etc from your pc. i've read some others are having issues. i havent when i tried. so just keep checking back and see if it's corrected. again, clean out your pc :)

Not sure whether this is fallout from CCLs new web design or not?

When trying to price out current cruise (daily, checking my current ES booking rate as monitoring system i was using isn't fixed yet), i can only price out cabins for 2 pax.

When i input 3 pax, i get a message that no cabins are available.:confused:

Im checking both 'rack rate' & PG/Sr/Resident/Military, none r showing availability in my category.

When i check on a TA site, all categories appear available, including the one i have booked.

Anybody else having this issue?

this is for your Destiny 6-26-2010? I don't see 6-26-2010 Destiny Sailing>?

3 Passengers?

What Category are you booked?

What Booking Type (ES, Past guest....)

The Promo Rates you mention are only occasionally available on any given Cruise/Date and may only be offered for selected Categories when they are offered.

Based on previous problems w/ displaying Promo Rates once you are booked,, I always run logged-out such that no personal recognition info is displayed when I visit carnival.com.

thanks, ken

this is for your Destiny 6-26-2010? I don't see 6-26-2010 Destiny Sailing>?

3 Passengers?

What Category are you booked?

What Booking Type (ES, Past guest....)

The Promo Rates you mention are only occasionally available on any given Cruise/Date and may only be offered for selected Categories when they are offered.

Based on previous problems w/ displaying Promo Rates once you are booked,, I always run logged-out such that no personal recognition info is displayed when I visit carnival.com.

thanks, ken

saililng 6/28 (1st 2 days in miami:D)

3 pax

9C

ES booking, currently military...qualify for PG, Sr, Pa resident

i took pp's advice & cleared cookies & logged out, still getting this message when i try to do 'dummy booking' for 3 pp w/past guest:

There are no more staterooms in this category. Please go back to the Stateroom Selection page and select another cabin type.

i decided to try & book the fun select rate & cabins were available...apparently, no PG rates for 3 pax left but using 2 guests brings up a rate for my category:rolleyes:, just a high rate

PVP previously told me all wraps sleep 3 on the Destiny. Only 2 cabins (those with the Q vs the twins/K) have the rolling 3rd berth/trundle under the bed, the rest rely upon a cot

im going to call, as i can see no other way to figure out what the 3rd person rate would be to check ES rate:confused:...the PG rate for #1 & #2 is the same as my military now...just not allowing a 3 pax in the room as i see it.

im confused

spoke to CCL supervisor, not a happy camper

im told, under ES, they have the right to offer any cabin (regardless of the stated occupancy) for 2 pax only vs 3 or 4 pax allowable occupancy under any given promo...despite still offering it @ fun select for maximum persons allowable

im my case, despite the 9Cs being 'bookable' for 3+ pax, they are only offering PG rates for 2 pax (vs the 3 pax i have booked) & fun select, while bookable for 3 pax, is much higher

:mad:

im told this is stated somewhere in the ES rules, guess i missed it.

hate to think the remaining 7 afts will only be bookable for 2 pax from here to sail date via the best promo rates, just doesn't seem right imo; def penalizes those with family

I think they have to put a rollaway in the cabins to sleep 3 right? Might be near capacity for that lifeboat, especially being summer. So, they dont want more 3/4 pax in those cabins.

Summer typically has more children booking. Some on Oasis sailing are complaining in multiple threads because RCL is charging MORE for the 3/4 pax in a cabin, so if you want 3 in a cabin, instead of booking another cabin, you have to pay extra to put in a 3rd person. One thread was in the main part, claiming RCL discriminates against families, but there are other threads in the Oasis section too. RCL too is running out of places for extra children and pax this summer on select ships.

You dont even want to book, you just want to price compare right? So, at least you arent trying to book 3 and being told no, you just cant price compare, you got your cabin. Imagine if you wanted to book Oasis and being told the 3rd pax would be $300 EXTRA. I think on the more expensive ship, people are bunking up this summer and thats why RCL running out of quads and rooms that hold 3 people

no, at least 2 of the cabins are dedicated Queen bed, with a rollaway underneath...as in 2 singles sailing could still have their own beds.

fyi, none of the other afts r booked beside mine

PVP told me it would sleep 4 when i booked it, certainly would be tight

i understand the desireablility of not wanting to sail on a ship booked to maximum capacity vs this instance of CCL offering the exact same stateroom for maximum pax allowable....just @ a higher rate for 3 pax...and preventing the lone cabin already booked from matching the rate. Meaning it's not about the body count, it's about the $$$ or specifically, prevents me from matching it under ES for what i need, 3 guests

The word used as an excuse was 'restriction'...as in CCL has placed a restriction upon 3 pax party booking the best rate available for guest #1 & #2 as there is no #3 or #4 rate offered.

spoke to CCL supervisor, not a happy camper

im told, under ES, they have the right to offer any cabin (regardless of the stated occupancy) for 2 pax only vs 3 or 4 pax allowable occupancy under any given promo...despite still offering it @ fun select for maximum persons allowable

im my case, despite the 9Cs being 'bookable' for 3+ pax, they are only offering PG rates for 2 pax (vs the 3 pax i have booked) & fun select, while bookable for 3 pax, is much higher

:mad:

im told this is stated somewhere in the ES rules, guess i missed it.

hate to think the remaining 7 afts will only be bookable for 2 pax from here to sail date via the best promo rates, just doesn't seem right imo; def penalizes those with family

I'n not sure I understand your first comment about ES - The ES Rate is long gone for your 26 June 2010 sailing, so there are no ES Rates being offered.

I believe that as the ship is reaching max capacity, they intentionally limit 3rd and 4th Passenger bookings which are generally less expensive than 1st and 2nd passenger bookings AND are tying up capacity that can be used for (more expensive) 1st and 2nd passenger cabin bookings. As the ship fills, those 3rd and 4th Passenger beds are at a premium and they're charging accordingly.

Your Early Saver booking allows you to price match against the several Promo rates that you mention you're eligible for; the ES rules include statement that the match must be for "same number of passengers". If the Promo Rates are limited to 1st and 2nd passsengers only, then you don't have anything to Price match.

ken

I'n not sure I understand your first comment about ES - The ES Rate is long gone for your 26 June 2010 sailing, so there are no ES Rates being offered.

I believe that as the ship is reaching max capacity, they intentionally limit 3rd and 4th Passenger bookings which are generally less expensive than 1st and 2nd passenger bookings AND are tying up capacity that can be used for (more expensive) 1st and 2nd passenger cabin bookings. As the ship fills, those 3rd and 4th Passenger beds are at a premium and they're charging accordingly.

Your Early Saver booking allows you to price match against the several Promo rates that you mention you're eligible for; the ES rules include statement that the match must be for "same number of passengers". If the Promo Rates are limited to 1st and 2nd passsengers only, then you don't have anything to Price match.

ken

the fly in the ointment for me it seems...which im going to term a loophole.

Just wondering if this is common practice on CCL, to restrict promos in 3 or 4 pax cabins to only be offered to 2 guests?

despite doing what i thought was quite a bit of research here before changing my rate to ES, nver crossed my mind that promo rates would be limited to 1 or 2 guests in a cabin:confused:when said cabin is designated to hold 3 or 4 guests as originally booked. I interpreted same # of guests verbage as u couldn't add or drop guests on existing ES booking.:o

doubtful i'll bother booking ES again if i observe over the next 2 months that the remaining cabins in my category r offered @ sharply discounted rate, but only for 2 pax. Certainly wouldn't be what i'd call family-friendly policy.:rolleyes:

I'm not defending it .... but from a business perspective, as you're approaching max capacity it makes more financial sense to use that dwindling capacity for higher-priced PAX 1 and PAX 2 bookings than lower-priced PAX 3 and PAX 4 Bookings. Admittedly doesn't help families waiting to book in the final month or two, but that's one of the risks of waiting to book, Cabin/Category selection and max capacity issues.

I never thought about the implications of this Policy wrt to Early Saver Price Matching!!!!

I'll be scolded for suggesting it, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't turn in a Price match claim and see what happens.

ken

I'm not defending it .... but from a business perspective, as you're approaching max capacity it makes more financial sense to use that dwindling capacity for higher-priced PAX 1 and PAX 2 bookings than lower-priced PAX 3 and PAX 4 Bookings. Admittedly doesn't help families waiting to book in the final month or two, but that's one of the risks of waiting to book, Cabin/Category selection and max capacity issues.

I never thought about the implications of this Policy wrt to Early Saver Price Matching!!!!

I'll be scolded for suggesting it, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't turn in a Price match claim and see what happens.

ken

Ken, I don't have a dog in this fight but just wanted to throw out some kudos to you.

When it comes to answering people question regarding ES, price drops, policies and such,,, you always provide great answers in an unbiased, easy to understand way. Some may not like the answer :D but it's usually the correct answer.

So, kudos to you and thanks for taking the time to try and understand and share your knowlege of the sometimes nightmare that is known as Early Saver

I still say it has to do with this being a summer sailing and the ship is reaching mac capacity, and if certain lifeboats are booked all that they can almost so that only 2 in a cabin will fit, they arent going to allow 3 in a cabin.

We have always known that they limit 3 in certain situations near sailing dates when capacity starts being reach, which is especially true in the summer.

the fly in the ointment for me it seems...which im going to term a loophole.

Just wondering if this is common practice on CCL, to restrict promos in 3 or 4 pax cabins to only be offered to 2 guests?

despite doing what i thought was quite a bit of research here before changing my rate to ES, nver crossed my mind that promo rates would be limited to 1 or 2 guests in a cabin:confused:when said cabin is designated to hold 3 or 4 guests as originally booked. I interpreted same # of guests verbage as u couldn't add or drop guests on existing ES booking.:o

doubtful i'll bother booking ES again if i observe over the next 2 months that the remaining cabins in my category r offered @ sharply discounted rate, but only for 2 pax. Certainly wouldn't be what i'd call family-friendly policy.:rolleyes:

I don't know if it helps, but I have an ES rate booked for 3 person cabin and I am able to monitor prices to check for price drops. It might just be your special room category? I am able to check prices on the 7A 3 person cabin we have booked.

Maggie

Ken, I don't have a dog in this fight but just wanted to throw out some kudos to you.

When it comes to answering people question regarding ES, price drops, policies and such,,, you always provide great answers in an unbiased, easy to understand way. Some may not like the answer :D but it's usually the correct answer.

So, kudos to you and thanks for taking the time to try and understand and share your knowlege of the sometimes nightmare that is known as Early Saver

so true, he & firefly always answered my numerous ES questions respectfully and didn't make me feel like an idjit for asking

despite being intially shocked that CCL can limit promos to certain # of guests in a cabin designed for X many people (whether due to ship nearing capacity or just because they feel like it)...

im over it & done venting. Least my current military rate is still a whopping $10 cheaper than PG rate (can't say what the #3 would be cause there's nothing to compare lol)

if any of my eligible rate promos drop, for even just the 2 of us, i'll submit the ES form on principle & see what happens; naturally reporting back with results;)

klfrodo - Thanks!!! ken

• 2 weeks later...

:D:D:D

despite the military/PG/res rate not being offered for 3rd & 4th pax in my category (9C), i decided to go ahead & roll the dice.

submitting ES price form (s) as in multiples for each sale price i saw over the last week after final payment was due;)

after a couple denials, decided to submit form with whatever 'special' rate of the day was best for pax 1 & 2 and for #3, use the 'rack' rate one on the CCL website.

woohoo, now have a $112 credit:) if i count it, only paying $100 more than i originally did booking the 8D i flipped to the aft a few months ago!

Archived