Dream Photos - Review to follow!

Thought you would all want to see some of the photos of the Dream.

We just got back home a couple of hours ago so these are straight out of the camera. Once I have had a chance to recover a bit I will post a review. It's not going to be brilliant I'm afraid. It feels a bit like I've just come back from the set of 'Carry on Cruising'!!

Photos are here

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab280/tommytoolhire/Thomson%20Dream/

Cheers

Tommy

hi hope you going to report teething problems . we have thought about changing to the spirit adriatic explorer will have to wait and see. always wanted to sail into venice. but picked the dream mainly because it was a new ship and never cruised before.

hi hope you going to report teething problems . we have thought about changing to the spirit adriatic explorer will have to wait and see. always wanted to sail into venice. but picked the dream mainly because it was a new ship and never cruised before.

hi like you wanted to sail into venice but chose dream because it was new. we would have to pay to change and i think we have all paid enough julie:mad:

went into ta today cost about £30 each to change. we going end august so only paid deposit and can transfer that to other booking. not going to change until read more reviews . wait for berwyn to come back see what he thinks..

went into ta today cost about £30 each to change. we going end august so only paid deposit and can transfer that to other booking. not going to change until read more reviews . wait for berwyn to come back see what he thinks..

hi its a bit of a nigthmare isnt it? i was so looking forward to this cruise i dont know what to do julie;):confused:

photos look good!Im still very excited about sailing on the 11th May despite some of the comments! we went to a hotel in egypt one year went online to see the reviews and they were terrible yet we had the most amazing time there and would reccomend it to everyone!!

I know issues regarding a refurb aren't going to be sorted for some time but perhaps some of the other issues may be able to be resolved quite quickly.

We booked on Celebration about a month after she came into Thomson's service and there were terrible reviews - the plumbing broke down, passengers were put up in hotels (was it in Lisbon?) and some stayed on board, others were flown home. :eek: It made the national press! Three weeks later we set off for our cruise in some state of apprehension - and it was GREAT!

I feel very sorry for those who have been disappointed on the first voyage - it clearly hasn't lived up to expectations but hopefully for those of you waiting to sail, there may be more positive news in the next week or two. Berwyn will certainly give us a full report. More encouraging - I hope! :)

I think the problem is that a lot of us were feeling conned anyway. I honestly thought I had booked on a brand new boat. It was only when the forums started to appear following the crash that I realised we were not only on a old boat, we were on an old boat that isn't going to be refurbished before we sail on it.

Now the reviews are coming in, I think it disgusting that Thomson's can mislead people in this way, especially when it has cost people thousands. The photos have made me even more depressed - they look like photos of an old boat!

I'm really gutted!

DH and child have been on 2 thomson cruises before and as with anything it doesnt always go to planIm sure its first time nerves for everyone and sure it will all settle down. Look forward to more reviews, more opinions will give it a more sustainable outlook! Remember glass always half full!:D

I was under the impression when we swapped over from IE last July that we were going on a refurbed ship. It wasn't until later that I found out it wouldn't be updated until after the summer in the med.

I don't go with any expectations as such as I've never been on a ship before BUT I'm quite concerned about the air con as we'll be going in July, 4 of us sharing an inside cabin.

I was thinking of booking the Celebration - Aegean Adventure, on Thursday for next summer, but as we've not travelled with Thomson before, this has put me off a bit and I think I'll make my decision after this summers cruise.

We just got back home a couple of hours ago so these are straight out of the camera. Once I have had a chance to recover a bit I will post a review. It's not going to be brilliant I'm afraid. It feels a bit like I've just come back from the set of 'Carry on Cruising'!!

Photos are here

Cheers

Tommy

Great photos - if you have any more you feel you can post I am sure I and many others would be delighted to see them - Have you any of the Theatre itself and any of the pools / decks ? Can't wait for the review !

Thanks

Photos are here

Cheers

Tommy

Great photos and don`t hold back with your review

I think the problem is that a lot of us were feeling conned anyway. I honestly thought I had booked on a brand new boat.

Not WERE feeling conned,ARE feeling conned

I was under the impression when we swapped over from IE last July that we were going on a refurbed ship. It wasn't until later that I found out it wouldn't be updated until after the summer in the med.

Same here,switched from IE partly due to reviews i read,a review from my mate who had been on it and because the Dream was portrayed as a branding spanking new ship and looked the dogs b......s

Thinking of switching back to IE...Me and RR could hold the bar up,not literally :D

I think the problem is that a lot of us were feeling conned anyway. I honestly thought I had booked on a brand new boat. It was only when the forums started to appear following the crash that I realised we were not only on a old boat, we were on an old boat that isn't going to be refurbished before we sail on it.

Now the reviews are coming in, I think it disgusting that Thomson's can mislead people in this way, especially when it has cost people thousands. The photos have made me even more depressed - they look like photos of an old boat!

I'm really gutted!

Suggest you email or phone Thomsons with your concerns like myself and others.The more that do the more chance of the possibility of something getting done about it...Email details are in the thread further back titled "Isabels in the air "

Suggest you email or phone Thomsons with your concerns like myself and others.The more that do the more chance of the possibility of something getting done about it...Email details are in the thread further back titled "Isabels in the air "

Hi Jim

I've already e-mailed Thomson's cheers! Do you think they'll do anything about it so that i don't spend the the next 2 months dreading my holiday? I'm not one to be miserable, I love to enjoy myself, but I like my hols to be luxurious as a reward for working hard all year round. Also as my name suggests, I like value for money and at over 2 grand for 7 nights (including cabin upgrade and AI), I expect really good facilities and accomodation. Tatty and smelly is so not my scene!

I've sent mine too. And saved a copy just in case a full complaint has to go in after the cruise. Saying that a holiday is what you make it, if you go looking for problems, you'll more than likely find them. I'm off on lots of excursions, I'm going to sit out on deck with a nice G&T (they can't mess that up) , the main restuarant sounds good which is the most important, so as long as the air con doesn't pack up we'll be fine.

Hi Jim

I've already e-mailed Thomson's cheers! Do you think they'll do anything about it so that i don't spend the the next 2 months dreading my holiday? I'm not one to be miserable, I love to enjoy myself, but I like my hols to be luxurious as a reward for working hard all year round. Also as my name suggests, I like value for money and at over 2 grand for 7 nights (including cabin upgrade and AI), I expect really good facilities and accomodation. Tatty and smelly is so not my scene!

i agree with you 100per cent money we have paid it would have been lot cheaper to go 0V but promise of new ship and 5star throughout cruise we paid the extra now it seems we are not getting what we have paid for and we leave on 25th may has anyone got phone number for thomsons will call tomorrow from work:mad::mad: but guessing will be told all is ok nothing to worry about. having said all that hopefully the reviews next week are more promising.

Hi Tommy and thank you for your pics I was really interested to see them, I have to admit they did slightly remind me of a tarted up but old ferry. I am really going to be interested to read your review. I am a little concerned too thankfully we dont have to pay our balance for our cruise on the dream until June I will pay the 30 odd pounds each to transfer to another holiday/cruise if I have too. I will be gutted as I love cruises even though I have only been on one other and that was a good few years back. I have really been looking forward to this and have even went the whole hog and booked a grand suite, I am really worried although I do know a holiday is what you make it yourself. Just hoping for future cruises they will listen to concerns and e mails, I too will be e mailing them in hope it will make things better for future passengers but will await review to see what you made of it and what your bad points where. Thanks for pics :)

Hi Folks.

Have just read post #94 under "Isabel is in the air" where Rebel Rouser has quoted an article which explains all about Dream and the proposed 6 week refit which is due to take place in November.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Island Escape is also to have a refit at the end of the year.

The photos look good, no sign of any damaged areas etc.

I must admit the passengers look a bit miserable.

None of this came as a surprise to me, I knew it was not a new ship and still needs to be worked up to maximum efficiency. Did you know that navy submarines can take 18 MONTHS to work up to peak efficiency before they go on their first patrol, so give Thomsons some slack, it is very early days yet.

I look forward to the reviews and would be surprised if there were not problems.

Archived