Dream Photos - Review to follow!

the drinks package which we were told contains a range of cocktails consisted of one type of cocktail each day. You could have as many as you wanted, but if you wanted a different cocktail you had to pay.

Drinks up by the pool area you had to pay for, but they just went to the bar downstairs and got their free drinks to take up with them.

I feel a bit better now that i've spoke to her, but i need to get the drinks package sorted

This isn't sounding good! Doesn't sound like how the drinks package works on any other Thomson ships. I was under the impression drinks were served to your loungers & that the cocktail list was quite extensive. From the copies of bar menus I've seen posted on here only a couple of cocktails weren't included in the plan!

This isn't sounding good! Doesn't sound like how the drinks package works on any other Thomson ships. I was under the impression drinks were served to your loungers & that the cocktail list was quite extensive. From the copies of bar menus I've seen posted on here only a couple of cocktails weren't included in the plan!

I thought it was too good to be true to be honest when we booked the same package, so twice i asked the girl in the travel agents was she sure all the cocktails were included, "Yes" she said.

Not convinced i e-mailed Thomsons direct to ask them the same question so i could have it in black and white, and they replied with "A range of cocktails, wine, beers were included, but no cider, water or branded spirits".

We were fine with that, but not with one type of cocktail each day :mad:

I'm so pleased i've printed off their reply when i first e-mailed them, because i've just read it again and it says nothing to what i've been told.

What they should have put in their brochure on the drinks package is something like "Cocktail of the day" :rolleyes:

I've just e-mailed them so i'll let you know what the reply is

Sounds like the bean counters have been at the drinks menu. This appears to be an attempt to screw more money out of passengers. Free drinks not available in some parts of the ship?. The prices are higher than on the other ships as well :mad:

I don't suppose anyone at Thomsons is reading this or even cares but they are in considerable danger of alienating a lot of their customers with all this penny pinching.

If the Dream is meant to be the best in Thomsons fleet this should mean in EVERY category including drink prices and the range available on AI.

We have the AI package also so I have just downloaded a brochure from Thomson's web site and this is what it says about AI

It also says all bars,will be taking o copy of this with us when we go in June.

Your Cruise

All Inclusive Upgrade - the Onboard Drinks Package

The drinks package includes draught beer, spirits, aperitifs, house wine, soft drinks and a range of cocktails. Premium drinks as defined onboard (e.g. champagne, malt whiskies, bottled beers/ciders, speciality coffees and bottled water) are not included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants. Drinks served outside of 10am-2am will be charged to your onboard account. Special rates apply for children aged up to and including 17 years.

The minimum drinking age aboard our ships is 18. All Inclusive upgrade only applies to your time onboard the ship and does not apply to hotels on Cruise & Stay (or Stay & Cruise holidays.

On Island Escape the All Inclusive Upgrade is not available on disembarkation day.

Please note that the All Inclusive Upgrade must be booked by all members of the party and cannot be booked once onboard.

Sue

Your Cruise

The drinks package includes draught beer, spirits, aperitifs, house wine, soft drinks and a range of cocktails. Premium drinks as defined onboard (e.g. champagne, malt whiskies, bottled beers/ciders, speciality coffees and bottled water) are not included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants. Drinks served outside of 10am-2am will be charged to your onboard account.

That's exactly what Thomsons e-mailed me and i printed off, so theres nothing there that mentions one cocktail choice per day?!

If the only problem we have on our cruise is the bar list, i'll be more than happy

Weve paid enough for the package, so i want more that one choice of cocktail a day!

Sounds like the bean counters have been at the drinks menu. This appears to be an attempt to screw more money out of passengers. Free drinks not available in some parts of the ship?. The prices are higher than on the other ships as well :mad:

I don't suppose anyone at Thomsons is reading this or even cares but they are in considerable danger of alienating a lot of their customers with all this penny pinching.

If the Dream is meant to be the best in Thomsons fleet this should mean in EVERY category including drink prices and the range available on AI.

During the cruise last week we got an A4 leaflet pushed under our door explaining exactly how the AI worked and what was and wasn't included. As we wasn't on AI we binned it. Others may have saved it, its worth asking

Tommy

We have the AI package also so I have just downloaded a brochure from Thomson's web site and this is what it says about AI

It also says all bars,will be taking o copy of this with us when we go in June.

Your Cruise

The drinks package includes draught beer, spirits, aperitifs, house wine, soft drinks and a range of cocktails. Premium drinks as defined onboard (e.g. champagne, malt whiskies, bottled beers/ciders, speciality coffees and bottled water) are not included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants. Drinks served outside of 10am-2am will be charged to your onboard account...........Sue

surely drinks outside of 10am-2am should be 2am-10am, it is on Celebration and Spirit :confused:

doh! of course this is OK but I can't delete the message

I still have a preview edition brochure for the Dream it says 'All Inclusive Drinks Upgrade includes a range of cocktails. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants. Drinks outside 10am -2am will be charged'

I still have a preview edition brochure for the Dream it says 'All Inclusive Drinks Upgrade includes a range of cocktails. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants. Drinks outside 10am -2am will be charged'

I'm just hoping that this is some mistake on the organisation/operations front. (Those passengers who bought it and got a fraction of what we expect from AI will rightly be incensed - I would be!:mad:) SURELY thay can't intend the AI to be so limited.

It seems as though the quote from the brochure indicates there is a serious mis-match between the advertised product and that which is being delivered although they do clearly state that free drinks aren't available outside - so in fairness, at least that was flagged up.

The limited (pathetic) choice is something which can be, and SHOULD be, remedied immediately. It will be interesting to hear what's happened to those on board now in terms of AI.

I've just text our friend again to ask was she sure it was one choice of cocktail per day in all the bars on board, and it was a yes :(

The limited (pathetic) choice is something which can be, and SHOULD be, remedied immediately. It will be interesting to hear what's happened to those on board now in terms of AI.

I've e-mailed Thomsons about it, and they usually reply within a week. but either way were going into the agents next week to see them face to face and get it in black and white from them, so as soon as i hear anything i'll post, and if we get it sorted and in print if anyone wants it i can send you all copies so you have the "Thomsons" name on paper.

Good point! Has anyone got this A4 papaer with AI on or indeed a copy of the Dream bar menu. I think if enough of us email Thomson they have got to take notice- this is misrepresentation at its worst!

..........It seems as though the quote from the brochure indicates there is a serious mis-match between the advertised product and that which is being delivered although they do clearly state that free drinks aren't available outside - so in fairness, at least that was flagged up.........

Just clear up my confusion, the reference to 'drinks outside' means you can't get free drinks outside of the hours of 10am-2am which I believe means you CAN get free drinks between 10am in the morning and 2am the next morning. Or to put it another way, you can't get free drinks between 2am and 10am. This is just bad english in the brochure. The correct system works on Spirit and Celebration, or did :eek:

Someone mentioned being charged for drinks outside and this might be just the new crew being confused in interpreting the less than clear brochure text?

Time will tell but it will be sad if Thomsons are going to suffer from the bean counters destroying the product in pursuit of their bonuses.

How Dave would solve the problem

1. ban accountants from ANY form of decision taking or advice on how to run the company, restrict them to book keeping.

2. give the head office managers a kick up the backside, they appear to be useless.

3. all managers HAVE to take an annual Thomson cruise holiday at their own expense

3. Increase all the cruise prices by £14 per person per week and give ALL that money to the chefs, they will think they are in heaven and the quality and choice of food will increase dramatically.

How Dave would solve the problem

1. ban accountants from ANY form of decision taking or advice on how to run the company, restrict them to book keeping.

2. give the head office managers a kick up the backside, they appear to be useless.

3. all managers HAVE to take an annual Thomson cruise holiday at their own expense

3. Increase all the cruise prices by £14 per person per week and give ALL that money to the chefs, they will think they are in heaven and the quality and choice of food will increase dramatically.

ROFL!!!! :D

*How Susan would do it*

Hold a meeting telling them to get their act together with how things are worded in the brochure, or face losing cutomers to other Cruise companies!

ROFL!!!! :D

*How Susan would do it*

Hold a meeting telling them to get their act together with how things are worded in the brochure, or face losing cutomers to other Cruise companies!

Indeed, I worked in publications for many years and proof reading was something you HAD to do properly. Plain english is also a good idea rather than posh gobblydegook.

Been on phone to Thomsons today to ask about the current situation of the restrictive AI on Dream and she didnt even know the Dream had sailed! Ah well! Surely if the new brochure also describes the AI as we have come to expect, they cant restrict it so much, can they?

Been on phone to Thomsons today to ask about the current situation of the restrictive AI on Dream and she didnt even know the Dream had sailed! ?

Are you serious!!! :eek:

Not one for telling someone how to do their job, but we know more than Thomsons staff!!

Good point! Has anyone got this A4 papaer with AI on or indeed a copy of the Dream bar menu. I think if enough of us email Thomson they have got to take notice- this is misrepresentation at its worst!

Think this is what you may require , seemed to have

"fallen into my case when packing"...!!!

dream 20100001.pdf

Think this is what you may require , seemed to have

"fallen into my case when packing"...!!!

Thanks for 'acquiring' this info.

Well, that's pretty clear then - it is NO misunderstanding -they HAVE changed the goal posts! (Otherwise why spell it out to those who have been customers in the past - and obviously would have expectations that it would be very similar if not the same as before) :mad::mad:

Do you think this sounds as though this applies across all their ships? We haven't heard anything to the contrary from recent travellers on Spirit and Celebration - but I suspect it will only be a matter of time!

Well, on the basis of that I WILL NOT be rushing to book for 2011!

I can see the evidence now before my eyes but am still having difficulty believing this!!! What an own goal, Thomson!!! :(

Archived