Dream Photos - Review to follow!

Vodka, gin, rum, tequila, triple sec, sour mix & coke, usually*

* - when I mix it anyway :)

Should maybe also say that I only usually drink black coffee rather than anything fancier, so I'll grab that from the restaurant,etc.

will we get 50% off lattes and hot chocolate thanks?

Do we actually know for sure they aren't included? :confused: There is no reference to coffees etc. on that letter from Dream so we are jumping to the conclusion they are not included - the question has been asked but as far as I know we haven't had a definite 'yes' or 'no' yet from someone who's been on board. If they aren't included I imagine you will be able to buy them at 50% though.

I read in another post that you can only get one drink per card. My hubby used to get my g&ts when I was getting ready for dinner in the cabin. Does that mean the poor sod has to run back and forward or can he take my card and get the two drinks at the same time. Apologies to all poor sods reading this

I think the problem is that a lot of us were feeling conned anyway. I honestly thought I had booked on a brand new boat. It was only when the forums started to appear following the crash that I realised we were not only on a old boat, we were on an old boat that isn't going to be refurbished before we sail on it.

Now the reviews are coming in, I think it disgusting that Thomson's can mislead people in this way, especially when it has cost people thousands. The photos have made me even more depressed - they look like photos of an old boat!

I'm really gutted!

I'm not surprised you thought the Dream was a 'brand new ship' as this is exactly how our local Thomas Cook travel agent is advertising it.

This evening the poster in their window said 'Brand new ship'. :confused:

Nowhere did it say that it was 'new' to Thomson's. Had I not known I would have believed it was in fact a new ship. This is misleading. Although I am not booked on the Dream, all that is being said is reflecting badly on Thomson's.

Mo.

I read in another post that you can only get one drink per card. My hubby used to get my g&ts when I was getting ready for dinner in the cabin. Does that mean the poor sod has to run back and forward or can he take my card and get the two drinks at the same time. Apologies to all poor sods reading this

No that's one drink per card. He can go to the bar and fetch yours.

I don't know anything about 75%. The 'old' AI had an extensive choice - but there were always some drinks which weren't included but you could get them by paying a reduced price but that wasn't a set % as far as I know. Sometimes it was a small supplement, other times not a lot less than the full price - it depended on the drink/brand.

Cappuccinos, hot chocolate and virgin cocktails were included in the AI - if you want coffees etc anywhere other than in the dining rooms, you have to pay for them. With AI they were free. Speciality coffees like Irish coffee etc were always exempt from the AI. (This has nothing to do with the free tea/coffee served in the dining rooms and available 24/7 in the Lido restaurant - they have nothing to do with the AI.)

Hope that all makes sense! :confused:

There will be a bar list on the table and certain coffees are not included in your drinks package but your normal ones are.

Archived