Am I allowed to put my legal bottle of wine in my checked luggage?

Oneluckywoman

Hello,

Does the wine we are allowed to bring on board have to be in our carry on luggage or may we put it in our checked luggage?

Also, can you bring a large bottle of wine as your bottle?

Thanks in advance!

This is the policy, what you can get away with can vary

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faqs/liquor_and_beverage_consumption_policy.aspx

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. Guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, excessive quantities of wine/champagne or non-alcoholic beverages will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed containers with prohibited liquids will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

I bought 5 200 ml bottles of rum creme in a port and they were not confiscating bottles that small to keep track of. They let me take them all to my cabin.

Who knows now with the crack down lately... but in the past they were allowing small bottles.

I believe it is one bottle per person and in your carry on. With that said, many people bring more than that on, I think it is what you can get away w/. Each ship is different and each screener is different.

On the Splendor,our friends had 6 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of beer, our other friend had a bottle of scotch and the was scotch was confiscated.

Bring what you want but be prepared to have it taken away and then you have to lug it all the way home again! Good luck!

I drink a glass of wine every evening before I go to sleep...can I keep my one bottle of wine in my room and bring my own opener? Or can it only be opened in the dining rooms?

And yes, I'm a first time cruiser, so maybe it is a silly question! :)

I drink a glass of wine every evening before I go to sleep...can I keep my one bottle of wine in my room and bring my own opener? Or can it only be opened in the dining rooms?

Iv brought a wine opener before, but they have been getting so silly out of Galveston, I hate to say for sure. Mine was one of those corkscrew kinds that was kind of long ... but then in January they told me scissors with blades over 4 inches are banned, (I measured them and they are 4 inches if that).

Id say yes, any port but Galveston right now, lol. and that's my final answer.

You can always ask your cabin steward for an opener.

Yes you can keep the bottle in your room. I always pack an opener in my checked luggage. My last cruise I brought a 3 litre box of wine in my checked luggage and my friends bottle of vodka. My other friend brought a 12 pack of beer and nothing was confiscated. This was during spring break sailing out of San Diego. Until they take mine I will continue to try.

Candi

Archived