Absolute Honesty!!!

kidnk9

I apologize for taking so long to write this thread. I sailed the April 4th, 7 night, Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean route. It was my 3rd sailing on this ship and 3rd time on this itinerary. We love the ship and have enjoyed the ports of call. There were a few things that we did not like this time that we never encountered on our previous sailings such as NUMEROUS out of control children (teens of all nationalities).

The one thing that made this trip stand out above all the others was the honesty of one staff member in particular. I have read many times on this site, people accusing their cabin attendant or other staff members of taking personal belongings from the guests.

It was my experience, after receiving a spa treatment, that I absentmindedly left my wedding ring in the treatment room. My ring is appraised at well over $10,000. It was not until 2 hours later that I realized what I had done. I had no one to blame but myself. I immediately called the spa to find out they had my ring and were waiting for me to pick it up. Mariaan was my spa attendant. She found my ring and saw to it that it was returned to me. Had Mariaan not been thorough and very observant, the ring could have ended up in towels and lost for ever in the laundry facility. Mariaan also could have said that the ring must have gotten "lost" in the laundry. Needless to say, she took pride in seeing that the ring was returned. I cannot say enough good things about the staff and their honesty! This situation will never be forgotten by me and has only reassured me that I make the right choice when sailing with Royal Caribbean! Kudos to Royal Caribbean and the spa staff on Adventure of the Seas, but most of all Mariaan! You are awesome and kept me from ruining my vacation due to my own negligence! :)

did you write a letter to royal carribean commenting on this wonderful act? sounds like she deserves the extra praise from above.

Absolutely have informed Royal Caribbean about her act of honesty and kindness! She made my trip! What an awesome gal! :)

As Mad as I am for RCCL pulling the Mariner and all west coast sailings....I will also say that RCCL employees are the Best and now Honest people around. In our 28 sailings with them......we have always seen nothing but the upmost professionalism from every one we have encountered working on the 7 ships we have sailed on. I am so happy everything worked out for you and hope you enjoyed your sail. BTW......Did you tell your Hubby before or after the incident? Just Curious....

Mike

We've NEVER had a problem with any of our possessions being taken or even disturbed! Hubby "lost" (ok, misplaced) his wedding ring once....and our attendant found it, put it in an envelope with a note...VERY nice! We were most grateful!

These folks do their best to make your experience wonderful!

As Mad as I am for RCCL pulling the Mariner and all west coast sailings....I will also say that RCCL employees are the Best and now Honest people around. In our 28 sailings with them......we have always seen nothing but the upmost professionalism from every one we have encountered working on the 7 ships we have sailed on. I am so happy everything worked out for you and hope you enjoyed your sail. BTW......Did you tell your Hubby before or after the incident? Just Curious....

Mike

I admitted my own stupidity when I discovered what I had done. My ring is insured but that was not the point. DH thought I had pulled a good one but was also as impressed as me with the wonderful thing Mariaan had done!

I apologize for taking so long to write this thread. I sailed the April 4th, 7 night, Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean route. It was my 3rd sailing on this ship and 3rd time on this itinerary. We love the ship and have enjoyed the ports of call. There were a few things that we did not like this time that we never encountered on our previous sailings such as NUMEROUS out of control children (teens of all nationalities).

The one thing that made this trip stand out above all the others was the honesty of one staff member in particular. I have read many times on this site, people accusing their cabin attendant or other staff members of taking personal belongings from the guests.

It was my experience, after receiving a spa treatment, that I absentmindedly left my wedding ring in the treatment room. My ring is appraised at well over $10,000. It was not until 2 hours later that I realized what I had done. I had no one to blame but myself. I immediately called the spa to find out they had my ring and were waiting for me to pick it up. Mariaan was my spa attendant. She found my ring and saw to it that it was returned to me. Had Mariaan not been thorough and very observant, the ring could have ended up in towels and lost for ever in the laundry facility. Mariaan also could have said that the ring must have gotten "lost" in the laundry. Needless to say, she took pride in seeing that the ring was returned. I cannot say enough good things about the staff and their honesty! This situation will never be forgotten by me and has only reassured me that I make the right choice when sailing with Royal Caribbean! Kudos to Royal Caribbean and the spa staff on Adventure of the Seas, but most of all Mariaan! You are awesome and kept me from ruining my vacation due to my own negligence! :)

My husband left HIS wedding ring on Carnival Paradise out of Long Beach, CA last summer. I had no hope of getting it back, but called the cruiseline and filed a report anyway. We live in Los Angeles. Well, TWO DAYS LATER we got a Call from Carnival telling us they had the ring (it was in Miami), and it was shipped to us. I did write a letter, but I never heard back from them......

What a great story I am glad that you wrote the letter that means a lot. My friend was trying on earrings on a cruise & took off one of her diamond ones to try on the earrings. Neither one of us realized that she left the earring on the glass counter. We realized it almost immediately after we walked away. Luckily the earring was still there & people were around the counter & no one stole it. Her earrings were 25,000 when they were bought so it was quite a scare. I told her from now on when we try on earrings the diamond ones will be in the safe.

Glad you got it back, but maybe next time you will leave such an expensive piece of jewellery in your cabin safe?

Really? It's her wedding ring, not some random piece of jewelry she occasionally wears. This is a great story! Why ruin it?

Congratulations! that would have been a sad note on your cruise!

We have had two incidents on RCI,with the same result.The first one,was the first day of boarding.My husband left our brand new,fairly expensive digital camera in the Windjammer..We discovered it about 30 min after we left.Returned to the WJ,and one of the attendants had already turned it in to lost and found.

The other was my tennis bracelet, moderately priced,had fallen off my arm.I actually hadn't even missed it yet...Our steward met us very nervously in the hall,after cleaning it one morning,had found it out on the balcony!!

They both got a reward!!

One question..Do people actually "try on" earrings? ewwwww... Guess I need to sterilize earring when I buy em lol

Really? It's her wedding ring, not some random piece of jewelry she occasionally wears. This is a great story! Why ruin it?

Thanks! I agree. I had no intention of removing my ring but was asked by Mariaan to apply some lotion to myself and I already had some oil on my body from the treatment. I didn't want to get all the lotion in my ring. You can always go back and second guess your actions, but it is what it is. I was not careful. Totally my fault but relieved to have experienced such an honest individual! :)

I'm not married, so I don't have a ring, but I have earrings that I wear all the time that have special meaning, and I thought I lost one once, and I was devastated. Like what happened with you, a wonderful person returned it. When you're used to wearing something so much--no matter what the cost--you just think that you're wearing it and sometimes it's too late. I'm just so happy for you that you got it back.

What a great story! It is so refreshing to read something positive :). How wonderful it is that there are honest people out there! I know we have left "items" out in our stateroom, but have never had anything missing. Kudos to Royal Caribbean and their great staff :)!

Archived