Should I be upset at our TA?

Vianky

First TA I have used and I just don't know if this is a big deal or not. It does bother me a bit but enough to not use her again?

So, Yesterday was final payment day. I paid on Monday but my brother waited until yesterday to find out that our TA left from work early because they we slow that day.

Well for some reason I expected her to call him or write an email saying she will not be in for him to make final payment on his final payment day. So he did miss paying it yesterday but was told it will not be a big deal.

But it just kinda bothers me a bit. Should she not keep track of these things?

When I called on Monday to make final payment she was surprised it was final payment time! Does she not have a calendar to reminder her of the clients that have not paid and have to pay?

First TA I have used and I just don't know if this is a big deal or not. It does bother me a bit but enough to not use her again?

So, Yesterday was final payment day. I paid on Monday but my brother waited until yesterday to find out that our TA left from work early because they we slow that day.

Well for some reason I expected her to call him or write an email saying she will not be in for him to make final payment on his final payment day. So he did miss paying it yesterday but was told it will not be a big deal.

When I called on Monday to make final payment she was surprised it was final payment time! Does she not have a calendar to reminder her of the clients that have not paid and have to pay?

That would bother me enough that I wouldn't use here again in the future.On our last cruise we booked with a live TA (as opposed to a dead one :D)...no, seriously, as opposed to our regular on line site (which NEVER misses a final payment LOL!) but the TA we used last time was going on a cruise when our final payment was due so she said she was going to call CCL to extend the date. I know CCL would have been fine with it, but we opted to just pay before she went on her cruise.A TA that isn't on the ball, is not one I want.

.....whether she should have called as a reminder I don't know. The TA I use automatically sets up a charge payment. Once I book I usually never hear from them again.

(unless it's because of an ES price drop) ;)

wasiii

I agree with Halo, I would not use her again.

Like with any business, she could have generated a call-up report on her computer that would alert her a few days prior to when final payments were due by her clients. She should have then gave her clients a courtesy call to remind them and then preceeded from there. It is the little things such as this that separate someone that is just doing their job from a true professional. A repeat customer base is a large part of any business. Poor business ethc IMO. Cari :)

It's a personal preference thing, IMHO. Some TAs are full service, on top of everything their clients do as far as payments, will follow up before and after the cruise to make sure everything went ok, etc., and some, as wasiii noted, just take your deposit, set up auto-pay for final payment and you never hear from them again. Speaking only for me, I prefer the former if using a TA but that's just me, some people could care less if the never hear from the TA again. That would be your call, based on your feelings about that. There are TAs out there to fit every taste, LOL.

As a side note, last year we were actually on a cruise when our final payment was due for the next cruise. My PVP assured me that it would be ok if we missed final payment by several days. So in your case, since missing the payment by a few days is not going to affect the cruise, you are down to making the decision about whether you feel the TAs actions were professional or unprofessional.

I completely agree with Vanessa, I think it's a matter of preference. Our first 4 cruises were large groups (close to or more than 40+ members). I used an out of state travel agency, the lady was super nice and was everything and more I could ask for.

But on our last cruise that only had 10 in our group, I booked online at Carnival (but she was still listed as my agent) and from there on she was to handle the cruise. I never heard from her, so about 2 months later I sent her an email just to let her know I booked and it was through their agency. And she sent me back a very short email basically asking "what do you need"? And that was the last time I heard from her, no reminders about payments, no call or email to say have a good trip or follow up after (like she had done on all the previous cruises). For me, those little extra's make a difference. I know travel agents arent making a large profit on cruises these days, but there has to be an incentive to use them again, and in my case there were no OB credits or freebies so the incentive would have been the customer service. Needless to say, I am now booking my own and prefer to have control over everything anyway.

Carnival doesnt call ya either when its your final payment. I guess they expect you to look at the booking and know what the final payment date is.

I had a TA who sent the booking the day you booked and it had the final payment date 2 weeks before Carnival's. I too think they can send a email reminder, who remembers a date for a year and a half when you booked really early?

I dont know of any TA or PVP who sends out a payment reminder.

Carnival doesnt call ya either when its your final payment. I guess they expect you to look at the booking and know what the final payment date is.

I had a TA who sent the booking the day you booked and it had the final payment date 2 weeks before Carnival's. I too think they can send a email reminder, who remembers a date for a year and a half when you booked really early?

I dont know of any TA or PVP who sends out a payment reminder.

Even though we are on auto-pay, my PVP both calls and sends an email with a reminder, even though technically she doesn't need to. This is why she is my PVP and will be until she leaves Carnival (which I hope is never).

It may not be a big deal. Travel agencies as a rule schedule your payment date to fall one or two weeks prior to the cruise line's deadline.

Give them a call to confirm this. If the answer isn't satisfactory, call Carnival for their final payment date for your cruise.

My sail date is Aug 22, Carnival's final payment date is June 9. You do the math. :)

If she didn't have an auto payment scheduled and planned on being out of office she should have emailed or called. I wouldn't use her again. Yes ultimately it is your job to keep an eye on your booking but it's her job to take the payment on it's due date. If she won't be available to do that then she needs to let her clients know. You can't do anything directly with Carnival when you book a TA so she is your only lifeline.

Carnival doesnt call ya either when its your final payment...I dont know of any TA or PVP who sends out a payment reminder.

Hmm. I always get an automated email from my PVP about a week prior to final payment date to remind me (although I'm usually paid in full by then).

My PVP told me that their system does alert them about final payments that are due within a week, and that they are required to follow up with a phone call with those guests that haven't paid up yet, but that many PVP's dont make these calls unless the booking is actually overdue.

Nowadays, when I can pretty much get the same price quotes and upgrades no matter where I book, be it online, directly through the cruise line, or with an independent, I would expect more personal service from an independent TA. So I figure if you're not going to get the follow-ups, price alerts, and payment reminders, then what's the point of booking through the TA? If I have to do her job, then I want to be paid to do it! ;)

Wow nobody reminds me when all my other bills are due......responsibility comes to mind;)

I'm not sure how that applies to OPs situation. He didn't forget to make final payment. The TA left the office early and wasn't available to take his final payment. If he forgot to make it he wouldn't have known she wasn't in.

Wow nobody reminds me when all my other bills are due......responsibility comes to mind;)

I have alerts set on my phone and written on the calendar that hangs in our dining room. Responsibility has nothing to do with it for me. It is about going that extra mile to make the customer feel appreciated. Speaking only for me, the best, and fastest way to lose me as a customer is to make me feel like you don't give one rat's arse if I stay or go. This applies to everything from restaurants to travel agents to PVPs at Carnival. Yes, I know when all my bills are due, I know when final payments are due on my cruises, but REALLY like the added customer service my PVP gives me when she makes the courtesy call to remind me that payment is due. To me, that says she cares about me as a person and me as a customer.

But as I pointed out earlier, some people could care less if the get good customer service or not. Could care less if a PVP, TA, server, or anyone else in the SERVICE industry goes that extra mile. Sounds like you might be in that category (just a guess, I could be wrong) and that is fine. That's why they have people in all levels of service in the SERVICE industry.

To me, it just seems odd to work in a business where customer loyalty can make or break you, if you have a "you're just a number" attitude. But that's just me.

But as I pointed out earlier, some people could care less if the get good customer service or not. Could care less if a PVP, TA, server, or anyone else in the SERVICE industry goes that extra mile. Sounds like you might be in that category (just a guess, I could be wrong) and that is fine. That's why they have people in all levels of service in the SERVICE industry.

To me, it just seems odd to work in a business where customer loyalty can make or break you, if you have a "you're just a number" attitude. But that's just me.

I have a wonderful TA;)

My TA does call and also sends emails to remind me of different things I need to know or remember. She also checks the price of my cruises every morning to see if there has been a drop in price or anything else that I can take advantage of. She had handled our yearly group cruises for years and last year when she received poor service from one of the PVP's, she became an agent herself. So now she handles our group and our individual cruises. She even sends me information about each port and her recommendations and who to book with, etc.

I really like the personal service she provides because I have enough to juggle in my "other life" (as in the non-vacation life). Just like my bills, I have them set up with my bank to be paid automatically so I don't have to fret about forgetting that too. If something or someone is out there to help me make my life easier and less stressful, I'm taking advantage of it! :D

My TA does call and also sends emails to remind me of different things I need to know or remember. She also checks the price of my cruises every morning to see if there has been a drop in price or anything else that I can take advantage of. She had handled our yearly group cruises for years and last year when she received poor service from one of the PVP's, she became an agent herself. So now she handles our group and our individual cruises. She even sends me information about each port and her recommendations and who to book with, etc.

I really like the personal service she provides because I have enough to juggle in my "other life" (as in the non-vacation life). Just like my bills, I have them set up with my bank to be paid automatically so I don't have to fret about forgetting that too. If something or someone is out there to help me make my life easier and less stressful, I'm taking advantage of it! :D

Ding, ding, ding, we have a WINNER!!!! THIS is what a TA is supposed to look like, OP.

I booked 2 cruises with the same TA from a website company .I was gone on one when final payment for the other came up .The cruise line CANCELLED my reservation because it was not paid in full .The TA did not tell me about it The ship was FULL I WAS LIVID

She did not do her homework and she knew I was out of town for final payment

Needless to say NEVER used her again

For me TA"S were more trouble then they were worth !!!

Michele

Archived