WOW SALE - I have questions!

Just read my email regarding the just announced 3-day WOW Sale which includes a Royal Caribbean sailing I am very interested in booking. The sale agency is closed for the day so I can't get any answers from their reps, so...

The info about the sale says it's limited to the first 200 cabins. Does that mean the offer for reduced deposit and other perks only applies to the first 200 bookings the agency receives? Or to the first 200 cabins on each ship that are booked?

We have a large group of family members scattered across the country who want to sale together in October 2011 on the Freedom and the reduced deposit would help those with children who plan to come along.

Because we all have questions, none of us want to use the web page feature of booking online then calling to see if we get any of the specials offered, especially if one of those is the reduced deposit.

If this makes any sense, I'd sure appreciate any info on just how the Wow sale works. Thanks in advance!

The WOW sale you are describing sounds more like a promotion being done by the travel agency.

RCCL's WOW sale is usually over 2 days and has no limit on cabins. In the past it has been in May and October. When you book during the wow sale you get an onboard credit and the deposit amount is smaller.

i think you are talking about the sale that is being offered by an agency. I talked to a rep today. Just be sure to check the RCI pricing before you book this sale. On the sailing I questioned, RCI was much cheaper than the agency even taking into consider the extras they were offering.

That's not the real 'wow' sale. If you read through it, it says 'wow of a sale' or something like that. Also in the fine print, there is some kind of processing fee for booking. "Price does not include a non-refundable $24.99 processing fee."

I spoke with a rep from that agency yesterday. I was interested in FOS on Jan 2, 2011. They quoted me the same price as RCCL but included $150 in onboard credit and dinner for two at the specialty restaurant ($50). I asked and was told I would be able to use the C&A savings certificate that is available for this sailing. I didn't read the fine print about a processing fee but I did read there is a $50 per person cancellation fee. We using a rccl visa free cruise certificate so we would lose the OBC and restaurant deal so I just booked with RCCL instead. I could have waited for a real WOW sale but I wanted one of the corner afts.

I have tried googling, I have tried searching, but I cannot figure out what WOW means. Could someone please fill me in?

Thanks.

Li

Wow is an interjection which indicates excitement, awe or surprise. It can also be used as a verb, meaning to elicit that kind of response from someone, or even as a noun.

Wow is an interjection which indicates excitement, awe or surprise. It can also be used as a verb, meaning to elicit that kind of response from someone, or even as a noun.

Interjections show excitement, or emotion. They're generally set apart from a sentence by an exlcamation point, or by a comma when the feelings not as strong.

Am I the only one who remembers all those Schoolhouse Rock songs?

I'm hoping that RCI will have another WOW sale this May also.

Thanks for all the replies, especially the ones who made me laugh. I'd heard of WOW sales before, but thought they were always conducted by Royal Caribbean. I was reluctant to book with an online agency, and will instead follow wayne_trisha's lead and just book the cabin I want this weekend - foregoing all the enticements.:)

Happy cruising to all who posted!

In the past, we have successfully booked with a cruise agency that was having a Wow Of A Sale. I would not be reluctant to book with an online agency again. It is a great savings and they honor price drops while maintaining the Sale perks.

In the past, we have successfully booked with a cruise agency that was having a Wow Of A Sale. I would not be reluctant to book with an online agency again. It is a great savings and they honor price drops while maintaining the Sale perks.

My only concern with the agency doing the sale was talking to an agent. I waited over three hours from the time I initially called to when an agent called me back. After 90 minutes I decided I had waited long enough and booked directly with the C&A desk. I suspected the agency would not be able to assist us or give us the extra benefits because we are using a RCCL Visa free cruise for two. Unfortunately for them, we are probably going to be joined by 3 other couples who were going to book D1 cabins. While the extras they offer are very nice, I want to be able to call and get service right away. I once lost $200 in price drops because the TA I used didn’t return my calls.

Okay, that's way easier than I was thinking... I guess I missed the obvious, but then I also misspelled my name :p

I thought it stood for something :)

Thanks for the clarification.

Liz

ok, how?

We booked our last cruise in October through the cruiseline website when the WOW promotion was in effect. My husband changed jobs and we had to change the length of the cruise. Knowing that there were conditions attached to the WOW promotion, we called and spoke with a representative of RCCL who assured us that we would still be entitled to a cruise credit as we were not cancelling. Once we were on the ship and asked about our credit, we were told we were not entitled to the credit. This directive came from their office in Miami. What do you do when you're out in the middle of the ocean, so not another cent was spent on the ship on the final five days of the cruise. If we do not get a satisfactory result from this, RCCL has lost a customer. Not that it will make any difference to them but it's a matter of principal.

Why did my wow sale post get deleted? What did I say? :confused: Maybe because I quoted something from the website?

I think it was zapped because you may have mentioned the website or travel agent that was holding the WOW sale.

We booked our last cruise in October through the cruiseline website when the WOW promotion was in effect. My husband changed jobs and we had to change the length of the cruise. Knowing that there were conditions attached to the WOW promotion, we called and spoke with a representative of RCCL who assured us that we would still be entitled to a cruise credit as we were not cancelling. Once we were on the ship and asked about our credit, we were told we were not entitled to the credit. This directive came from their office in Miami. What do you do when you're out in the middle of the ocean, so not another cent was spent on the ship on the final five days of the cruise. If we do not get a satisfactory result from this, RCCL has lost a customer. Not that it will make any difference to them but it's a matter of principal.

You knew when the asked the rep that you were not in compliance with the guidelines of the wow sale. No matter what 1 person told you.

You're gone because 1 person told you wrong info, LOL?

Info that you already knew?

You knew when the asked the rep that you were not in compliance with the guidelines of the wow sale. No matter what 1 person told you.

You're gone because 1 person told you wrong info, LOL?

Info that you already knew?

If you read my post correctly, I said we were aware of some guidelines, not all, hence, the call to verify. I really don't see the necessity of being nasty or sarcastic. This is Cruise Critic, is it not????

Archived