Europe 2012

Since RCI is sending 11 ships to Europe in 2011, up from 8 in 2010, how many ships do you expect RCI to send to Europe in 2012? If you think they will send more than 2011, what ships will they send, that they aren't sending in 2011?

Since RCI is sending 11 ships to Europe in 2011, up from 8 in 2010, how many ships do you expect RCI to send to Europe in 2012? If you think they will send more than 2011, what ships will they send, that they aren't sending in 2011?

Unless they build more ships, I think they'll stick with 11. I suppose they could do away with either the Majesty or Monarch in FL since they do pretty much identical itineraries. I don't think those ships would be good candidates for Europe though.

Where else would you want to see a ship in Europe? They seem to have most of it covered with 11 ships.

Unless they build more ships, I think they'll stick with 11. I suppose they could do away with either the Majesty or Monarch in FL since they do pretty much identical itineraries. I don't think those ships would be good candidates for Europe though.

Where else would you want to see a ship in Europe? They seem to have most of it covered with 11 ships.

I was just wondering what everyone else's opinion. They went from 8 to 11 in one year.

What about the Serenade. I wonder if they might send her to Europe in 2012?

I was just wondering what everyone else's opinion. They went from 8 to 11 in one year.

What about the Serenade. I wonder if they might send her to Europe in 2012?

I hope not - she's now my favorite Southern Caribbean ship and I want her to stay there year round

I was surprised to hear that the Liberty is also cruising the Med, but then I read somewhere that the Independence is scheduled to go into dry dock for a while in 2012, which could explain the need for two Freedom class ships in this part of the world.

I think RCI are just taking advantage of the fact that Europe is a growing market. Europeans get more vacation time than Americans, so there's a market for long cruises, but likewise there's also the scope for short break cruises.

They can just keep sending those ships, as far as I'm concerned! :)

I hope every cruise line sends 10+ ships to Europe and that the economy there crumbles and all of them come weeping back to the West Coast and finally offering Pacific Coastal cruises as well as a new, more interesting Mexican Riviera cruise in 2012.

Not that I am bitter or anything...

Katherine

Europeans get more vacation time than Americans, so there's a market for long cruises, but likewise there's also the scope for short break cruises.

I agree. I think there's a market for 3 and 4 night Canary Island cruises over the winter months that a ship like Majesty or Monarch would be ideal for. As the Canaries are cheap and easy to get to, lots of Europeans take a winter sun holiday there and would be delighted at the opportunity of tagging on a short cruise. If they did different itineraries (a 4-nighter could probably also include Madeira) anyone who wanted to could do B2B for a 7 night cruise.

What a pointless thread.......predicting how many RCI ships will be in Europe by 2012 on the presumption that because they increased the number of ships previously that it is certain thewy will do it again. So by 2015 how many ships will be there??? What about 2018. I doubt RCI is going to run out of ships to serve the Caribbean market.

What a pointless thread.......predicting how many RCI ships will be in Europe by 2012 on the presumption that because they increased the number of ships previously that it is certain thewy will do it again. So by 2015 how many ships will be there??? What about 2018. I doubt RCI is going to run out of ships to serve the Caribbean market.

Wow, someone put their grumpy pants on this morning.

If you don't like a thread, you don't have to post on it. Next time, just skip over it!

The sister ship to Monarch and Majesty was transferred to RCCL's Spanish (Europe) subsiduary, ultimatly the M & M will end up there as well. The Spanish consider the Sovereign a large luxury ship, which compared to most European cruise ships she is

The sister ship to Monarch and Majesty was transferred to RCCL's Spanish (Europe) subsiduary, ultimatly the M & M will end up there as well. The Spanish consider the Sovereign a large luxury ship, which compared to most European cruise ships she is

Oh, absolutely the Sovereign would be a nice ship by the European cruise lines' standards. I just meant that for U.S. customers, most of us wouldn't fly to Europe to sail on the Majesty or Monarch when there are so many larger more luxurious ships sailing over there, and we Americans are kind of spoiled with our Radiance/Freedom/Voyager/Oasis class ships. I can see the M & M doing very well as part of another cruise line in Europe or Asia, just not with Royal Caribbean.

Archived