Fuel Supplement

mercedes28

What I would like to see, since this fuel surcharge is pretty much inevitable at some point, is for them to add it to new bookings only, and not have it be retro-active. I know, all booking say they can add it at any time before you board. But I can dream can't I? lol

We're watching it closely, because we have several B2B2B cruises booked next January that we booked as individual 10 night cruises, but the option exists to book them as 20 night cruises. The latter was priced a little higher (don't know why) so we booked each 10 nights separately, but if the fuel supplement is reinstated, we would definitely change that, so that we max it out on the first portion of the cruise.

I'm thinking that maybe cruise lines will think that the economy has recovered enough to again charge the supplement, but I, too, hope it is not retroactive.

We're watching it closely, because we have several B2B2B cruises booked next January that we booked as individual 10 night cruises, but the option exists to book them as 20 night cruises. The latter was priced a little higher (don't know why) so we booked each 10 nights separately, but if the fuel supplement is reinstated, we would definitely change that, so that we max it out on the first portion of the cruise.

I'm thinking that maybe cruise lines will think that the economy has recovered enough to again charge the supplement, but I, too, hope it is not retroactive.

Keep in mind that on a 20 nighter, you only get one FCC each and one Shareholder OBC. You could get more or less out of them by rebooking.

Vancouver Sun April 24th 2010. By Paul Reimer.

A quote from Micky Arison CEO of Carnival Corporation.

"While we reserve the right to impose a surcharge, we have at this point no intention of doing so, based on to-day's environment." End quote.

john

Vancouver Sun April 24th 2010. By Paul Reimer.

A quote from Micky Arison CEO of Carnival Corporation.

"While we reserve the right to impose a surcharge, we have at this point no intention of doing so, based on to-day's environment." End quote.

john

Yeah but now that we have the big oil spill going on in the Gulf I wonder if they'll change their mind?:(

No kidding,with the oil spill in the gulf costing billions of dollars the cruise lines will eventually raise the price but i wish they would add it into the price of the cruise.It doesn't seem as bad that way!:eek:

What I would like to see, since this fuel surcharge is pretty much inevitable at some point, is for them to add it to new bookings only, and not have it be retro-active. I know, all booking say they can add it at any time before you board. But I can dream can't I? lol

Yes Toto....Princess are you listening??

I think when they re-instate it they'll will probably start with a smaller surcharge than the full $ 9.00 a day max , maybe like the very 1st surcharges in Dec 2008 at $ 5.00 a day, as at that time oil was about $ 95.00 a barrel, the higher charges came later as oil went way above the $ 100.00 mark .

Of course, the best case is we don't see any at all :D

Srpilo

I wouldn't cancel my cruise, but it would sure cut down on my discretionary spending.

I want Princess to do whatever they have to do to keep cruising.

Me too! This oil spill in the gulf is going to effect the cruising in that area......I just don't how.

I'm sure we'll hear more about the ramifications of it. Whether it be in the additional fees or even a change of venue.

We love cruising to Mexico so much.....well, actually, we love the cruiseship experience so much and the fact that we only have to drive to the port, that it really doesn't matter where the ship goes........as long as we're on it.

Do the additonal fees, we may incur, bite into my budget? You bet!

I just won't buy much new stuff.....[i say that with a snicker!:p] I don't need anymore stuff. Just get me on the ship!!!!!!

Let me see that "mega-yact" from a distance; I get goosebumps so big, it takes the entire first day for them and, that smile on my face to go away!!!!!!! :D

The way most of these posts are going, it seems to me that what most of you are saying is 'Go ahead with you surcharge, we understand and we don't care'.

In my opinion its its comments like this that might hasten the surcharge.Try and be a little more positive.

With some of these thoughts the Olde Country would have lost WW2 inside of twelve months.

john

The way most of these posts are going, it seems to me that what most of you are saying is 'Go ahead with you surcharge, we understand and we don't care'.

In my opinion its its comments like this that might hasten the surcharge.Try and be a little more positive.

With some of these thoughts the Olde Country would have lost WW2 inside of twelve months.

john

John: We care....we care plenty. I work a full-time job to be able to afford the "extra's" in life because DH's salary alone [and, he makes a very good living] could not, alone, sustain living and crusing!

That said, if you think by the farthest stretch of anyone's imagination that anything that we share here, on this board, can influence the cruiselines in adding or not adding a sur-charge than me thinks I have something to sell you!

I'm not stating that the cruiselines don't read these boards, I'm sure they do. But, they pick-and-choose their battles very carefully!

John: We care....we care plenty. I work a full-time job to be able to afford the "extra's" in life because DH's salary alone [and, he makes a very good living] could not, alone, sustain living and crusing!

That said, if you think by the farthest stretch of anyone's imagination that anything that we share here, on this board, can influence the cruiselines in adding or not adding a sur-charge than me thinks I have something to sell you!

I'm not stating that the cruiselines don't read these boards, I'm sure they do. But, they pick-and-choose their battles very carefully!

Sure I care too, but the bottom line is that I would still cruise. Should we lie and try to trick Princess into delaying a fuel surcharge?

Archived