Let Me Get This Straight ???

Leaving on Sun May 2, LOS.... Let me get this straight so I don't have any problems.... NO irons, No candles (duh), No Booze, No hair dryers, No flat irons, No water... Did I leave anything out??? or r some of these things acceptable??? Thanks :confused:

Leaving on Sun May 2, LOS.... Let me get this straight so I don't have any problems.... NO irons, No candles (duh), No Booze, No hair dryers, No flat irons, No water... Did I leave anything out??? or r some of these things acceptable??? Thanks :confused:

I think bottled water is acceptable..............Im gonna take a case with me and check it just like I do my suitcase. If they confiscate it, Im out 4 bucks at the most :)

Water bottles are fine, probably even if filled with water. Hair dryers and flat irons are fine.

Pocket (or any other) knives (except dive knives which have to be checked), any other kind of weapon including pepper type sprays. There's quite a list of things in the RCL FAQ.

Thank you all.... I will check the rccl site, just to be sure.... I wish I could bring some wine with me.... oh well I dont really mind buying some from them... just not a great selection on that gifts and gear thing... Oh well... I am cruising and couldn't be happier.... Thanks again ;)

Water bottles are fine, probably even if filled with water. Hair dryers and flat irons are fine.

Pocket (or any other) knives (except dive knives which have to be checked), any other kind of weapon including pepper type sprays. There's quite a list of things in the RCL FAQ.

Hey Chief,

How the heck would you heat a flat iron on ship. Here is the list from the RCI FAQ

# Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

# *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.

# Illegal Drugs & Substances

# Candles & Incense

# Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

# Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows

# Skateboards & Surfboards

# Martial Arts Gear

# Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.

# Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.

# HAM Radios

# Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.

# **Alcoholic Beverages

Here is the list from the RCI FAQ

# Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

# *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.

# Illegal Drugs & Substances

# Candles & Incense

# Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

# Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows

# Skateboards & Surfboards

# Martial Arts Gear

# Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.

# Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.

# HAM Radios

# Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.

# **Alcoholic Beverages

And if you happen to be flying Delta (or probably any airline) always remember that swords, sabres and cattle prods have to go in checked luggage. :D

(sorry that one just always makes me laugh, 'cause if they have to specify, you know that means that at some point, someone tried to carry one on, LOL)

RE: Hey Chief,

How the heck would you heat a flat iron on ship. Here is the list from the RCI FAQ

"flat iron" is another name for a hair straightener

Well, herein lies one of the problems of being old. I looked it up and found this.

flat·i·ron (flāt'ī'ərn)

n. An iron for pressing clothes, especially one that is heated externally, as on a hearth or stove.

(It was getting a hearth or stove on board ship that led to my question).:D

I said, yep, remember my grandma using one of those (she also had a mangle iron (look that one up :D).

250px-Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-F001163-0012%2C_K%C3%B6ln%2C_Textilfabrik_Bierbaum-Proenen.jpg

That is not grandma in the picture.:rolleyes:

I didn't realize that it was also used for hair stuff. So, I looked that up. Sure enough.

P12053894.jpg

What technology has come to. :D

Well, herein lies one of the problems of being old. I looked it up and found this.

flat·i·ron (flāt'ī'ərn)

n. An iron for pressing clothes, especially one that is heated externally, as on a hearth or stove.

(It was getting a hearth or stove on board ship that led to my question).:D

I said, yep, remember my grandma using one of those (she also had a mangle iron (look that one up :D).

250px-Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-F001163-0012%2C_K%C3%B6ln%2C_Textilfabrik_Bierbaum-Proenen.jpg

That is not grandma in the picture.:rolleyes:

I didn't realize that it was also used for hair stuff. So, I looked that up. Sure enough.

P12053894.jpg

What technology has come to. :D

Hey Doc,

My lovely, young bride fixed me on that one!! I remembered a flat iron being the hunk of steel that you sat on the hearth as well. She looked at me like I had just grown a third head! Oh well, back to watching Spike's Power Block.

I bought a case of water at Target prior to boarding and put a RCCL luggage tag on it. The porter at the dock took it with the rest of our luggage and it arrived in our cabin with the rest of our luggage. I will let you know that I only drink water and was not going to go for their riduculous $75 bottled water "deal" but actually I only got through about half of my case over the 7 days! They offer water all over the ship, it is cold, refreshing and convenient.

What about an electric shock collar. I don't see it listed. How can I make my DW behave without it?:p

They don't seem to have a problem with the whips and leathers!!:D

So unlike other lines you can't take wine on board? Sorry, I'm just learning about RCCL as it's been some years.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived