Carnival Price game is making me sick

goldwinger88

My DD no longer is my sailing buddy, so ES also won't work because I never know if I'm sailing solo or whether someone else can go with me and name changes aren't allowed.

While name changes arent allowed, you can add someone to your cabin. That has always been the policy.

The wife brought up a valid point.

If you buy something from a store and within a short time they lower the price of that item. You simply either return the item for a refund then, buy the lower priced item or many stores will give you back the difference.

The latter is the case I am applying in this situation. I would like to see some of the difference given back in form of OBC.

If you aren't past final payment you can still get the price adjustment. Our grocery store does price adjustments within 7-days, so if the price drops on the 8th day it's like being past final payment. (Or like some stores give you 30 days to return- day 31 your SOL)

For what its worth, my first cruise was on the Caribbean Princess, with a group and the price for our obstructed OV, Lido deck though, was almost $1000 per person and I paid another $300 plus for airfare, about $1300 for just me.

Later I looked up prices, and knew others were paying half what I paid. It was a brand new ship and prices were kinda sky high, ship was overbooked and they were paying others to cruise 2 months later.

Now I would never pay $1300 per person just for me to cruise. I learned from my mistake and next time we cruise for TWO people on the Grand Princess for the same price. There was another group going from our friends, for about $850!!! which did include the bus down to the port, but heck I could drive us down and I did. They had snacks on the bus and fun, but hey we could cruise with them for close to half what the group price was. Oh yea on the group cruise I booked on our own, we were one deck below them only, just up the stairs. Saving about $300 pp.

Iv been a little leary of group cruises every since those two, my first two cruises booked when I got back to cruising (I had cruised back in the 80s a long time ago).

We all have overspent on our first cruises and probably wasted $500 in a learning curve OP if its any consolation.

The wife brought up a valid point.

If you buy something from a store and within a short time they lower the price of that item. You simply either return the item for a refund then, buy the lower priced item or many stores will give you back the difference.

The latter is the case I am applying in this situation. I would like to see some of the difference given back in form of OBC.

You can do that if the store has that policy, if the store doesnt that policy, it wont work. Some cruise lines will make adjustment after final payment Carnival isnt one of them.

Archived