Cordial/fruit juice dilluted

Hi

We will be on IOS in July.

I know there are many threads about juice/soda. But my kids are not fond of lemonade and coke and I do not want them having too much fresh orange/apple juice they like their cordial/squash.

Is this available? and if so where would it be and would it be chareable?

Many thanks in advance

Amanda

Hi

I know there are many threads about juice/soda. But my kids are not fond of lemonade and coke and I do not want them having too much fresh orange/apple juice they like their cordial/squash.

Many thanks in advance

Amanda

I have a feeling that we're going to need a translation of "cordial / squash" from British into American.

I don't know what it is either - but you can bring individual packets of powdered drink mix to mix with water. I always bring Crystal Light which is sugar-free but I'm sure you can find powdered kids' drinks - like maybe Kool Aid?

"Cordial" or "squash" is a highly concentrated juice drink that you dilute in water. You control the strength. More squash = stronger juice. More water = weaker juice. It comes in flavours like orange, mango, lemon, apple and blackcurrant, summer fruits, etc. Personally, I like the lemon flavour mixed with sparkling water.

Robinsons%20Lemon%20Squash%20%28No%20Added%20Sugar%29.jpg

Thank you a much better description than mine.

SO in answer to my original question, is it available on board and is it free or do I have to bring a bottle with me?

Thank you

I don't recall ever seeing it, but then my kids don't drink it so I didn't look for it. There are fruit drinks available in the WJ and they're not pure juice. They're American versions of squash, probably made with a powder. I'd bring your own if I were you.

"Cordial" or "squash" is a highly concentrated juice drink that you dilute in water. You control the strength. More squash = stronger juice. More water = weaker juice. It comes in flavours like orange, mango, lemon, apple and blackcurrant, summer fruits, etc. Personally, I like the lemon flavour mixed with sparkling water.

Robinsons%20Lemon%20Squash%20%28No%20Added%20Sugar%29.jpg

I think I wish we had something like it here - it sounds good. We have Crystal Light which is a powdered drink mix - but it's not real juice.

Being as the Indy is now based out of S'ton, they will probably cater more to the British market, we were on the last US cruise last year and they already had branston Pickle, HP Sauce, Back Bacon and English Sausages, Shepards Pie, Yorkshire puddings etc.

Try going to the roll calls of cruises sailing out of S'ton and post the question, a lot of people will still be subscribed to these threads and will receive an email, you may get an answer there from somebody who has actually sailed Indy out of S'ton

As a Brit who goes on lots of american cruise lines, there is no equivalent of squash - when I am in the US, I get the crystal light others posters mentioned but we don't seem to have that in the US. I am on Indy on september and intend to carry a bottle of squash on with me - hope that helps

Thank you a much better description than mine.

SO in answer to my original question, is it available on board and is it free or do I have to bring a bottle with me?

Thank you

I haven't seen it so if there is a particular drink your children like I'd bring it with you - you can pick up glasses of iced water all over the ship so it would be no problem to top up a glass with a little squash. The American free 'lemonade' is quite nice. It's not fizzy and is more like our homemade lemonade - my children liked it :) That is also readily available in many places.

I think I wish we had something like it here - it sounds good. We have Crystal Light which is a powdered drink mix - but it's not real juice.

It sounds like ZA-REX which was around years ago. Any body remember this? It was liquid and came in a bottle in different flavors and was mixed with water...I especially remember the grape flavor. I don't know if it is still available here in the US.

There is usually a fruit squash type drink in the windjammer, summer fruits flavour (i think it was), (no US style lemonade when Indy sales out of S'hampton) but that was the only place I saw anything similar. I think I would take a couple of bottles in the suitcase.

Hi

Many thanks in advance

Amanda

Outside of the UK I've never seen cordial offered anywhere, but it would be a nice choice.

Archived