Visitors on board

little britain

Seabourn and Silverseas now allow guests to come on board when in port and have lunch etc.

Does anyone know ACC policy on this - as I have 4 relations ( who only cruise on the aforementioned lines!) meeting me in Singapore and they would like to come on board for a look-see and a meal.

Anyone ever been successful in achieving this?

Seabourn and Silverseas now allow guests to come on board when in port and have lunch etc.

Does anyone know ACC policy on this - as I have 4 relations ( who only cruise on the aforementioned lines!) meeting me in Singapore and they would like to come on board for a look-see and a meal.

Anyone ever been successful in achieving this?

That is a surprise Little Britain.

NCL policy, as an example, is a very strict "no" to requests of this sort, stating that it is for security reasons. I believe almost all other lines follow this lead, and I can understand why. Allowing unknown persons (at least not known to the senior crew) onto a cruise ship would hike their insurance premium through the roof.

Sorry, I've no idea what the AAC guidelines are.

Many years ago, it was possible, but the only exceptions nowadays are crew member families, wedding facilitators, vendors and other persons who have business on board etc. all with prior agreement by the captain.

David

I guess they have to supply names and passport numbers before hand for clearance but my uncle has definitly had my cousin for lunch on board in Sydney, and other friends have been on board in Melbourne.

I can only ask! Perhaps if I say SS and SB allow it they may too!;)

I guess they have to supply names and passport numbers before hand for clearance but my uncle has definitly had my cousin for lunch on board in Sydney, and other friends have been on board in Melbourne.

I can only ask! Perhaps if I say SS and SB allow it they may too!;)

I think it would be a better idea for you to have your relatives treat you to a good meal in Singapore;)

I'll take Singapore food over ACC anytime:)

I think it would be a better idea for you to have your relatives treat you to a good meal in Singapore;)

I'll take Singapore food over ACC anytime:)

I'd second that- Singapore chili crab and some yummy sugar cane juice!

They have always done so, not just now. I know Oceania does not, I don't know who else does. By the way, your icon is lovely .. meow!

Princess has just started to allow this..

However, last June on our Pacific Princess cruise they made an allowance because the passenger wrote a letter to Princess and then sent in the friends passport info 3 months prior to boarding the ship and then it was cleared through the authorities.

I would call Azamara asap and get the ball rolling on this.

Advanced planning is the key element here, if you are hoping for any kind of approval

Archived