Did Conquest return to Galveston for injuries?

natvtxn

Left on RCCI VOS April 18 right behind Conquest. We heard several days later that Conquest had to return that night because of lots of injuries? What happened? I hope it all turned out good in the end!

Conquest was not involved in anything that involved injuries...John Heald was onboard as CD and he would have mentioned it. I think you may be referring to the Ecstasy which had 60 injured when they had to swerve sharply to avoid a floating buoy. Lots of threads about it. EM

Yep... the Ecstasy.

There were 60 folks with minor injuries when the ship listed 12 degrees in a maneuver to avoid a buoy that had broken loose from its mooring.

The buoy has since been towed away for repair.

:)

Yep... the Ecstasy.

There were 60 folks with minor injuries when the ship listed 12 degrees in a maneuver to avoid a buoy that had broken loose from its mooring.

The buoy has since been towed away for repair.

:)

That is very odd...12 degrees is not much of a list. That sort of list might make people feel weird on deck...glasses might spill over their rims on a flat surface. 12 degrees with 60 people injured makes no sense. Either the Ecstasy is a very tender vessel of that list was more than what Carnival is saying.

I suspect with the lawyers who were undoubtly waiting at the dock when the ship docked the incident has more details than what Carnival is revealing.

I suspect with the lawyers who were undoubtly waiting at the dock when the ship docked the incident has more details than what Carnival is revealing.

Don't you know they were lined up with dollar signs in their eyes?

Archived