Hotels near Port Canaveral with free shuttle to cruise terminal.

bamboozel

I will be sailing on Dream in May and would like to know what you would recommend for a hotel near Port Canaveral. I am looking for free shuttle service to the cruise terminal. I will be flying into MCO the day before and will be taking a limo service to the hotel.

Radisson has a free shuttle to the port. You'll need to sign up for it as soon as you book your room....they fill up fast so you might not get a good time.

No need to spend the money for a limo unless you want to. We use Cocoa Beach shuttle...very reasonable. As mentioned, I felt the shuttle service left a lot to be desired so Cocoa Beach shuttle took us to the port for $2pp. Can't beat that! And they'll come and get you at a prearranged time.

we stayed at the Residence Inn in Feb it was great - they have a shuttle too BUT the cost of the shuttle is NOT included in the price of the room.

Comfort Inn does have a shuttle package and I hear it is a nice hotel as well.

Most people stay at the Radisson, free cruise parking ... and free shuttle NO MATTER WHICH ROOM YOU BOOK. You dont have to book the cruise special, the online rate is fine.

Country Inn and Suites also does the free parking and they include free breakfast with all rooms and its a little tiny bit closer. I think they might use the local shuttle not one of their own.

Other hotels I think arent as good of deals if you want to park free, I looked at them all when I went, but if you decide on another hotel its like $5 pp for the shuttle to and from the port, its not that bad. $6 pp from the next town over if you want to be near the public beach.

Radisson has a free shuttle to the port. You'll need to sign up for it as soon as you book your room....they fill up fast so you might not get a good time.

No need to spend the money for a limo unless you want to. We use Cocoa Beach shuttle...very reasonable. As mentioned, I felt the shuttle service left a lot to be desired so Cocoa Beach shuttle took us to the port for $2pp. Can't beat that! And they'll come and get you at a prearranged time.

It is now 4.00 per person still a great deal though.

We just returned from the Radisson after spending 2 nights pre-cruise there. Absolutely hands down our favorite pre-cruise stay so far. Outstanding service and such a relaxing way to start our vacation. Loved the pool and resort feel that the hotel has to offer. We stayed in a whirlpool suite for a great rate and wouldn't hesitate to book again!

The only extra you get by booking the cruise special is you get the $10 pp breakfast, so unless there are 4 of you, go across the street to Mcdonalds, better to do what the guy above did and book a nice suite.

We loved our room too, facing the garden, we asked for a quiet view without steps and they gave us that.

I will be sailing on Dream in May and would like to know what you would recommend for a hotel near Port Canaveral. I am looking for free shuttle service to the cruise terminal. I will be flying into MCO the day before and will be taking a limo service to the hotel.

Instead of the limo service you might want to consider a rental car so you can stop for last minute items etc? If you do this you can pick any hotel you like return the car in the morning (Budget, Thrifty, Dollar) all centrally located in Cocoa beach about 3 miles from the port. They have FREE shuttles to the port when you turn in the car. Very easy 50 minute drive from MCO to the cruiseport area.

The only extra you get by booking the cruise special is you get the $10 pp breakfast, so unless there are 4 of you, go across the street to Mcdonalds, better to do what the guy above did and book a nice suite.

We loved our room too, facing the garden, we asked for a quiet view without steps and they gave us that.

The breakfast was about the only bad thing I had to say about the Radisson - pretty bad food and service so I'd skip it next time. Other than that, I'd stay at the Radisson again in a heartbeat. Really nice to relax by the pool, wander the paths through the koi ponds, and just chill out pre-cruise. I felt like I was already on vacation as soon as we checked in , then had dinner and a margarita by the pool with some live entertainment and even a pre-bedtime swim.

I know I read here that some cruisers had issues with cars being broken into. Hopefully that was just a random thing. I've always been leery of the park and cruise places for just that reason but was very comfortable leaving our car for the week as the lot seemed well lighted and patrolled.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. They have their own shuttles (2 of them) that are driven by a husband and wife team. Their Park and Cruise special includes FREE shuttle transportation to and from the port, FREE parking while your gone and breakfast. Our room was very comfy.

We caught the first shuttle to the port (I called ahead and got put on the list) and were literally at the pier and on the ship by 10:36 am. When we got off, we called and with in 10 minutes, they were there to pick us up and take us back to the hotel. They dropped us off at our car and actually loaded our luggage in our vehicle for us! :D Would definitely stay there again.

The breakfast was about the only bad thing I had to say about the Radisson - pretty bad food and service so I'd skip it next time. Other than that, I'd stay at the Radisson again in a heartbeat. Really nice to relax by the pool, wander the paths through the koi ponds, and just chill out pre-cruise. I felt like I was already on vacation as soon as we checked in , then had dinner and a margarita by the pool with some live entertainment and even a pre-bedtime swim.

I know I read here that some cruisers had issues with cars being broken into. Hopefully that was just a random thing. I've always been leery of the park and cruise places for just that reason but was very comfortable leaving our car for the week as the lot seemed well lighted and patrolled.

There's a nice restaurant for breakfast next door to the Radisson. And a really great sushi place across the street. :)

There's a nice restaurant for breakfast next door to the Radisson. And a really great sushi place across the street. :)

Live and learn for next time. We booked the rate that included breakfast and it was pretty bad - both food and service.

Dinner the night before out by the pool was excellent, though.

• 5 years later...

We like the Country Inn and Suites. The hotel is the first hotel off HWY 528 and is the closest to all the cruise terminals. They have their own shuttle buses to take you to and from the ship. The best deal for this hotel with free parking and RT shuttle service to the port is here http://cocoabeach4less.com/cocoa-beach-florida-hotel-deals/49-per-night-%E2%80%93-discount-port-canaveral-florida-hotel-deal-at-country-inn-suites-in-port-canaveral/