Wine cards

I am sailing on the Maasdam this month. I am wondering what is the price of the wine cards- 10 glass and 20 glass? I called HA and was told there are wine cards but he didn't know the price. Thanks in advance.

I just paid $77.63US for a 20 glass card.

I just paid $77.63US for a 20 glass card.

I didn't know these exist! Are there restrictions as to which wines you may get on this card?

A few years ago on a Pincess cruise they were (aggressively) selling a soda program. I think it was a reusable cup that you bought and then all soda was free (pre-paid). I asked one of the waiters if there was a champagne version of the cup, and he looked at me like I was crazy.

The 10-glass card is about $41.00. I had it on the Maasdam last December, and just bought one for my Noordam cruise in November. I'm not normally a wine drinker (prefer beer), but I really enjoyed using the card even though it's just the house wine.

House wine card -- 10 glasses for $41.40

House wine card -- 20 glasses for $77.

It is only for the House Wines and House Champagne -- which is now Coastal Vintners.

We found it to be very bitter. So I suggest you try a glass first before you buy any cards.

I didn't know these exist! Are there restrictions as to which wines you may get on this card?

3rdGenCunader - This is from the on-line HAL gift list: This wine card is for (10 or 20) glasses of house pouring wine which includes: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, White Zinfandel and Sparkling wine."

The 10 glass card is $41.40 // 20 glass card is $77.63

3rdGenCunader - This is from the on-line HAL gift list: This wine card is for (10 or 20) glasses of house pouring wine which includes: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, White Zinfandel and Sparkling wine."

The 10 glass card is $41.40 // 20 glass card is $77.63

do these prices include the 15% tip?

House wine card -- 10 glasses for $41.40

House wine card -- 20 glasses for $77.

It is only for the House Wines and House Champagne -- which is now Coastal Vintners.

We found it to be very bitter. So I suggest you try a glass first before you buy any cards.

Can you buy the wine card on line or only after you are on the ship

thanks

Yikes! I was on the Noordam a few weeks ago and asked a wine steward plus two waiters about purchasing a wine card (having purchased them several times in the past) and was told they were no longer being used and that a $50 beverage card was all that was available. I would have persisted in my quest, but remembered reading on CC that the wine cards were being phased out. Will absolutely purchase online for my next cruise!

We have gotten a wine card several times, including for our cruise this month and it is great! We also get a Coke card and this time I got a cocktail card just to try it out. It is very easy to order on line and it will be waiting for you in your stateroom when you arrive. We enjoyed the wine very much and the wine steward in the MDR let us sample several before we chose. I get all that stuff paid for before we leave home then my final bill on the ship doesn't give me a heart attack.

Archived