Miami pre cruise Hotel Question

Holiday inn at the airport tells me they have a free shuttle to the cruise ships and I am thinking about staying there the night b4 the cruise.

I have also considered staying at the Holiday Inn near the ships.

I am looking for any suggestions as to where to stay the night before to make it as efficient as possible to leave on my cruise the next day

I have no knowledge of the Holiday Inn at the airport, but I understand that the Holiday Inn Express close to the port is a great option. Not only is it very close to the ships, but it's also directly across the street from Bayside Market Place which is a fun area with lots of shopping, restaurants, and interesting people. On our 2009 cruise out of Miami, we had thought about staying there, but ended up taking Carnival's Marriott package instead as we hadn't been to Miami before. Went down to Bayside Market that evening, and when I saw the Holiday Inn Express, I regretted my decision to go with the Carnival pre-cruise package.

Hope this helps...

I would base where I stay on what time I was arriving! If it's afternoon, head someplace closer to the port. If it's late in the evening, there's no sense in paying for a better location....

If the shuttle from the airport HI doesn't leave early enough for you, a cab will only cost $24 to the port....not a huge deal!

We just booked the Miami Hotel Intercontiental on Last Minute Travel for $84 + tax. It is on the Bay about a block from Bayside Marketplace. We chose this for location and what we saved in price we can use for the taxi.

Another vote for the La Quinta Inn East. Great room and staff, complimentary shuttle to and from Airport as well as complimentary shuttle to Port in the morning. I will be staying there again on my next trip out of Miami. Great hotel and very good price. 2 thumbs up!

Matt

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami last October. It was a bit expensive 144.00/night. However I love that you can get up early ( 5am to 6am ) and watch all the cruiseships come into the port ( if you have a room facing the port, so if you book here request that). The hotel is fine, not luxury, but perfectly clean and fine for one night. There is a CVS store a block or two away where you can buy last minute supplies, including wine. No shuttle to the ships though, a taxi will be about 10 or 12 dollars plus tip. And Bayside Marketplace accross the streets is a lot of fun, boutiques, lots of restaurants and just a fun place to hang out the day before your cruise. :)

We're staying at the Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay on May 15th. We booked their Park and Cruise package, which will allow us to leave our car at the hotel while we are on Carnival Glory. I think it ran us $192 ($169 for a room with a King bed and a city view, plus taxes).

We could have taken the Crusie Connection bus, but did not have any way of getting to the meeting place - we were not going to be able to leave our car there, and we decided to wrap in a quick visit to my brother who lives in Delray Beach.

I'll let you know how the hotel is when we get back!

We just booked the Miami Hotel Intercontiental on Last Minute Travel for $84 + tax. It is on the Bay about a block from Bayside Marketplace. We chose this for location and what we saved in price we can use for the taxi.

Actually the Intercontinental is right next door to Bayside......just walk across the parking lot........one of my fav hotels you will love it.:)

Just wished they had balconies.......

Actually the Intercontinental is right next door to Bayside......just walk across the parking lot........one of my fav hotels you will love it.:)

Just wished they had balconies.......

Isn't there a dumpy one with almost the same name:confused:

Are any of you familiar with the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel & Marina? Are there any nearby restaurants &/or somewhere that we can pick up a bottle of wine?

Thanks -

I will let you know in 11 days:D There is a CVS that sells beer and wine.........we will be taking a cab to Hard Rock for dinner.....we have gift cerificates that need to be used.........

I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at the airport. They have a park and cruise rate that includes a buffet breakfast and a free shuttle to the port for about $119. At least that's what I paid for it. Their best rate is something like $89, but you have to pre-pay for that and I don't like putting money up front for hotels.

Isn't there a dumpy one with almost the same name:confused:

yes there is, we thought our friends were staying at the nice one, turned out they were at the dumpy one...couldnt get out of there fast enough

yes there is, we thought our friends were staying at the nice one, turned out they were at the dumpy one...couldnt get out of there fast enough

I have plans to open a Ruth's Kriss Steakhouse. :p

We booked thru the website where you name your price and got a room for $60. It was Staybridge suites at the airport. We loved it as it had a full kitchen, living room and bedroom. Taxi was about $30 to port, but will stay there again. Also nice free breakfast with eggs, bacon, etc. Full breakfast.

in dec since we had a later flight we stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon over by the airport...VERY NICE place...close to CVS, Walgreens across the street had a Publix and some places to eat...we ate at the CHINESE place...GOOD FOOD-in the morn we took the hotel shuttle to the airport 10pp i believe.-used points

in january we had an earlier flight we stayed at the POM HI and it was another NICE PLACE (we thought)-had a port view and ENJOYED our time at BAYSIDE and eating at Bubba Gumps...there was a CVS down the street few blocks-easy walk...no probs even at night!--in the morn we took a taxi-10pp plus tip to the port!-used points.....

we ENJOYED both places...just FINE for a pre-cruise night and would stay at either place again!!

• 2 weeks later...
We're staying at the Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay on May 15th. We booked their Park and Cruise package, which will allow us to leave our car at the hotel while we are on Carnival Glory. I think it ran us $192 ($169 for a room with a King bed and a city view, plus taxes).

We could have taken the Crusie Connection bus, but did not have any way of getting to the meeting place - we were not going to be able to leave our car there, and we decided to wrap in a quick visit to my brother who lives in Delray Beach.

I'll let you know how the hotel is when we get back!

I was just looking at this hotel for the park and cruise package in December. Can't wait to hear your review when you get back. I would like to know how you got to the port as well. Thanks!

Archived