need pre cruise hotel near NCL port in N.Y.C.

cheggy

Anyone have an idea on a hotel close to port in New York City. Want something nice and preferably with airport shuttle. Be nice to have shuttle to port too but don't expect to be that lucky. I have one on E. elmhurst for $135. is that a good deal?:confused:

Have you looked at the "Home Port Boards" on CC?? You might find some good hints/tips or someone might be more helpful over there.

Sorry I can't help any farther.

Thanks. Must be brain dead. did not think to look there!

Anyone have an idea on a hotel close to port in New York City. Want something nice and preferably with airport shuttle. Be nice to have shuttle to port too but don't expect to be that lucky. I have one on E. elmhurst for $135. is that a good deal?:confused:

Frankly, I don't want Elmhurst when I stay in NYC. I also don't want the port area. But, I'm a frequent NYC visitor. Are you looking for some touring, or just a place to sleep??

How are you coming into NYC, plane, car....Also, many of the least expensive hotels are across the river in Jersey with easier access to the port than E. Elmhurst...

East Elmhurst in Queens? Don't do it if you plan to do any sightseeing. There is absolutely NOTHING in that area to do. I live about a 10-15 minute drive from there and don't know a single person that goes to that area if they don't live there.

BUT, if you are merely looking for place to crash the evening prior to your cruise, by all means. It's adequate for that.

Be warned, you'll have to hop on a bus or subway to get any decent grub!

Thanks for your responses. We are flying into Laguardia . Know absolutely nothing about the area! We are very small town Kentuckians if that tells you anything. So give me some advise. Wouldn't mind a little sightseeing day before cruise but not a priority. Where to stay. how to get there, how to travel to get to ship at decent price.:eek: :confused::D

Try the downtown area, there are hotels in the area that are not as expensive as Times Sq/Midtown. Jersey City is also a good option. I would not stay in Queens. What you will be saving in your hotel room price, you will be spending on taxis and public transportation. I love Priceline, I've gotten hotels downtown for $90 on occasion. Of course, if you can afford it, try Midtown and you can sightsee and experience the center of the universe at it's best!

Try the downtown area, there are hotels in the area that are not as expensive as Times Sq/Midtown.

Got the Millenium Hilton Jr. Suite for $210, right next to Ground Zero. We've been wanting to see the progress in that area, and also explore South Street Seaport, etc. Very happy with that price, for that size room, anywhere in NYC. Beautiful indoor pool, etc.

Try looking for hotels in the upper west side (of Manhattan). I live here and there are a number of hotels. The location is extremely convenient to all forms of transportation and anywhere in the neighborhood is a 10-15 minute taxi ride to the pier. My husband even walked to the port for an overnighter.

I wish I could recommend a specific hotel, but seeing as we live here I never have a need of one.

Archived