voyager of the seas..food for the little ones early in the morning

queenmargrethe

we are travelling with a 14 month old who likes getting up early!!! can we get porridge (oat meal) and milk through room service at 6 am??? what time does breakfast start in the restaurants and windjammer cafe???

can we make porridge in our royal family suite???:)

we are travelling with a 14 month old who likes getting up early!!! can we get porridge (oat meal) and milk through room service at 6 am??? what time does breakfast start in the restaurants and windjammer cafe???

can we make porridge in our royal family suite???:)

Well, I can't quite fully answer your question yet, but room service is available 24 hrs (a fee is applied between midnight and 5 am), so you should definitely be able to get the oatmeal and milk in your suite. I'm trying to remember what time the Windjammer opens for breakfast, but I know it's 7 am at the latest (maybe its 6 am though).

I'll be on Freedom this coming week with my 12 month old son, who also like to get up at 6 am, so I'll be able to report more in a few weeks. When are you traveling?

Yes, you can get that thru room service...not sure what time breakfast begins...we generally eat around 8 or so, and it's well into breakfast service!

You can bring those little cartons of milk back to your cabin, and keep in the fridge overnight, if you want to. They also have little boxes of cereal...most kids like that as a snack.

Your suite will have a kettle for heating water, so if you bring little packets of instant oatmeal (porridge?), you can certainly make it whenever you'd like. As has already been posted, you can get small containers of milk at the buffet and keep them in the little refrigerator (although it's probably safer to keep them on ice as the "cooler" doesn't keep things very cold.

7 am is the first room service delivery time for breakfast.

Bring something for the first day and then use room service or the WJ to stock up on cereal, banana's and grab some yogurt and milk to store in the fridge. Dont forget to grab utensils :)

Your suite will have a kettle for heating water, so if you bring little packets of instant oatmeal (porridge?), you can certainly make it whenever you'd like. As has already been posted, you can get small containers of milk at the buffet and keep them in the little refrigerator (although it's probably safer to keep them on ice as the "cooler" doesn't keep things very cold.

You've said this very well! Don't know about Europe, but "instant oatmeal" in individual packets has been a staple in the US for many, many years! I love the Quaker's "fruit & cream" varieties, and often have it for breakfast. And snacks. Good advice about keeping the milk in an ice bucket.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...here's what I found

Windjammer starts serving limited breakfast (fruit, yogurt, pastries) at 6 am and the full buffett opens at 7 am. Room service starts their "breakfast service" at 7 am, but it looks like you could easily call at 6 am and request milk.

Breakfast for my son ended up being yogurt and Cheerios most mornings and it worked out wonderfully. My DH is also an early riser, so when he woke up, he'd go up to the Windjammer and grab a yogurt, some fruit and coffee for us.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Archived