Almost no Princess in Caribbean Summer 2011?

cdamion

It looks like Princess' only presence in the Caribbean summer 2011 will be out of NY. In May 2011 Princess will have a fleet of 16 ships (was 17, but Royal is going to P&O in May '11).

Only the Caribbean Princess will be available for Bermuda/Caribbean cruises out of NY. This leaves 15 ships which will all be elsewhere:

2 will be in Australia

7 will be in Europe

6 will be in Alaska

Yes, that's right. After they announced the Europe season last March and the CB out of New York last month, it became apparent that there was nothing left out of FLL. I suppose many folks did not do the math right away as there have been several threads in the last few days wondering when the "2011 Summer Caribbean" would be announced.

:mad::mad::mad:

Thats why Im headed to Royal Caribbean. Ah well, it may turn out to be a good thing. I loved my two cruises on Princess, and right now they would be my first choice.

But.....I may love Royal Caribbean too, you never know.

Karen

Is'nt that how it usually is.

Probably. But Princess does not put out a news release about the removal of an existing itinerary, so it is easy to expect an announcement that isn't coming. You have to keep track of the ships, do the math, to know when a current itinerary isn't going to be repeated.

It is probably just me, but I do not see the attraction to the Caribbean in the summer, too HOT! Fall, winter and spring yea, summer no. JMHO.

Yes Carolyn, it is hot. But not all have the luxury of cruising at other times. It is easier for me June, July and August, and it is for many with kids.

Karen

I just got an email confirming it. The only Summer 2011 departures to the Caribbean on Princess with be 9 day cruises out of NY to Bermuda/Eastern Caribbean. They will be revolving with New England cruises.

To me it would make more since to at least have the one ship that they have in the caribbean on a seven day run insted of a nine day. I think they should go backto FLL like she to when she first came out .Even Royal is pulling some of there ships out of the Caribbean for the summer. Guess Carnival is the only one staying true to their caribbean routes.

It is probably just me, but I do not see the attraction to the Caribbean in the summer, too HOT! Fall, winter and spring yea, summer no. JMHO.

not to mention pesky hurricanes possibly lurking (although that is fall too).

For those that dont mind (and for those like me that love the warm water temps) RCI and Carnival will more than have the Caribbean covered for summer.

For those that dont mind (and for those like me that love the warm water temps) RCI and Carnival will more than have the Caribbean covered for summer.

RCI seemes to be pulling out of the Caribbeanto me. Going to Europe more and more.

RCI seemes to be pulling out of the Caribbeanto me. Going to Europe more and more.

RCI will have plenty of ships in the Caribbean in Summer 2011: Majesty, Monarch, Enchantment, Serenade, Freedom, Allure, Oasis, Explorer. They are moving more ships to Europe like everybody else, but they have also added 2 5,400+ passenger ships to the Caribbean which more than makes up for it.

I just got an email confirming it. The only Summer 2011 departures to the Caribbean on Princess with be 9 day cruises out of NY to Bermuda/Eastern Caribbean. They will be revolving with New England cruises.

And there aren't even that many NY-->Caribbean either, it's mostly Canada...brrr!:(

RCI will have plenty of ships in the Caribbean in Summer 2011: Majesty, Monarch, Enchantment, Serenade, Freedom, Allure, Oasis, Explorer. They are moving more ships to Europe like everybody else, but they have also added 2 5,400+ passenger ships to the Caribbean which more than makes up for it.

Monarch and Majesty are not considered Caribbean. There Bahamas. They use to have a much wider selection of sailing in the caribbean which i miss. Only four of thoses are doing the popular 7 day sailings. And the Alluer abd Oasis can get pricey real quick. And the only other real choice is Freedom. I also wish Princess would go back to galveston.

And there aren't even that many NY-->Caribbean either, it's mostly Canada...brrr!:(

...and what exactly is wrong with a nice tropical cruise to Canada? You can swim in nice warm waters of 65-70 degrees. Bask in the sometimes sun on a nice grey beach where you can play volleyball on, or bury your toes in the rocks. Look up at the sky as the pine needles wave in the northern breeze. Not only that, you would get to see how people live in exotic, tropical, faraway locations such as Boston. :cool:

It's the same for me too, but I understand why some people, teachers for example might want to go to the Caribbean in the summer when they have time off. For me, I love the new summer Canada/NE itineraries and think that was a great idea.

It's the same for me too, but I understand why some people, teachers for example might want to go to the Caribbean in the summer when they have time off. For me, I love the new summer Canada/NE itineraries and think that was a great idea.

I am curious, what is the draw of the summer itinerary to NE & Canada? I do enjoy the area, I just prefer driving it. I don't know I'd enjoy it as much on a large cruise ship.

Summer in the Caribbean is hot, unexpected weather due to storms, etc. and LOTS of kids running around, so I do avoid those cruises. If I cruised in summer it would be to Alaska.

Monarch and Majesty are not considered Caribbean. There Bahamas. They use to have a much wider selection of sailing in the caribbean which i miss. Only four of thoses are doing the popular 7 day sailings. And the Alluer abd Oasis can get pricey real quick. And the only other real choice is Freedom. I also wish Princess would go back to galveston.

Call it what you want, but the point remains that they have plenty of ships and choices in the region in Summer 2011. Only 4 ships doing the popular 7 day itineraries - that's still 4 more than Princess has for that same time period. Plus if you want something different they also give you the option of a 3, 4 or 9 day itinerary. They have Eastern, Western and Southern itinerary options and ships home-ported in 6 different locations. Not disputing that they had more options in the past, but they seem to offer plenty of choices compared to Princess.

...and what exactly is wrong with a nice tropical cruise to Canada? You can swim in nice warm waters of 65-70 degrees. Bask in the sometimes sun on a nice grey beach where you can play volleyball on, or bury your toes in the rocks. Look up at the sky as the pine needles wave in the northern breeze. Not only that, you would get to see how people live in exotic, tropical, faraway locations such as Boston. :cool:

:D:D Been there, done that, got the windburn.:rolleyes: thank god it was my honeymoon so I really didn't care that I was unable to use the pool at all in JULY!:eek:

LOL, you got that right!

Archived