I Guess Carnival got sick of MrPete's whining.

big_duck

The food in the MDR isn't as good as CCL's, although it isn't as bad as some would say (although I do recommend you do NOT eat the lobster in the MDR on NCL or RCCL EVER!!)

If you aren't one who likes to yell about being nickeled and dimed, I highly recommend any of the surcharge restaurants on board NCL ships because they are awesome and the entertainment is great as well.

The only place I will eat lobster is at PJ's on Route 6 in Wellfleet on the Cape! I know you can understand that!! Amazing what passes for lobster on cruises...and what people will eat.

I was recently flamed for the mentioning of the N & D ing that NCL is known for...way too many people have told me about it.

It is just not economically feesible for a family our size to even consider the surcharge restaurants because then it becomes an expensive cruise and then we could have just flown to Florida and taken Carnival for the same money.

My friend was just telling me this morning how upset they were on their last NCL cruise because they couldn't even get reservations at the restaurants. We will stick to the MDR or maybe...just maybe DH and I will try to go to Cagney's....but I am not holding my breath for a reservation.

I heard about that yesterday... ho hum... I've been to Bermuda twice and that was once too often.

It's great for the East Coast folks, though... gives 'em something other than the Bahamas to do...

;)

Them is fightin' words! ;)

But we do have Canada and the Eastern Caribbean, too.

The only place I will eat lobster is at PJ's on Route 6 in Wellfleet on the Cape! I know you can understand that!! Amazing what passes for lobster on cruises...and what people will eat.

I was recently flamed for the mentioning of the N & D ing that NCL is known for...way too many people have told me about it.

It is just not economically feesible for a family our size to even consider the surcharge restaurants because then it becomes an expensive cruise and then we could have just flown to Florida and taken Carnival for the same money.

My friend was just telling me this morning how upset they were on their last NCL cruise because they couldn't even get reservations at the restaurants. We will stick to the MDR or maybe...just maybe DH and I will try to go to Cagney's....but I am not holding my breath for a reservation.

There are a couple restaurants on NCL that are only an additional $10 per night. At least twice during a 7 night cruise, they will offer these at buy one get one. So two will eat for an additional $10. The one (Salsa...Tex/Mex and the food is awesome) will give you a margarita (not a huge one, but a decent size) included in that two for $10.

In that restaurant, they have a lobster taco and the lobster on that is excellent (and I say that as a resident of Maine) ;) I also had a tuna appetizer (which was large enough to be an entree) and it was literally, the best tuna I have ever had.

If you can swing this, please don't miss out on it.

I heard about that yesterday... ho hum... I've been to Bermuda twice and that was once too often.

wow. :eek:

I can't imagine what's not to like in Bermuda.

According to the press release, only the SC sailing are currently available for booking. Patience Grasshopper.

Ah - Kung Fu - one of my favorites! I will try to be patient, Master - but I have been holding off booking April 2011 till dh was done with tax season. It is not too often that the end of tax season and my school vacation line up.:D (and besides that - the 4/17 out of Baltimore is listed in the Carnival pr announcement! Don't tease me like that!)

Hey, this IS good news, but if they really wanted me back, they'd sail from NY in the summer like they did in 2003!

But it's a start. Took them long enough, after Bermuda put in a second pier.

I guess I'll have to see what they offer in 2012.

There is just no pleasing some people. :rolleyes:

wow. :eek:

I can't imagine what's not to like in Bermuda.

My biggest downside to Bermuda? No gambling while in port and no nightlife.

Also, pray for good weather otherwise you're going to find yourself soaked and bored.

Also, pray for good weather otherwise you're going to find yourself soaked and bored.

Hmmmm. Not a gambler so I guess that's why I didn't think of that.

The night life is pretty non existant, which is why it makes for a very good place to go on a Honeymoon, or just with raging hormones.

My feeling is the night life can be found on the ship.

bad weather ANYWHERE is a bummer. Then again, you can find somethign to do on the ship.

That's what's nice about cruising to bermuda :D

I think it is great that Carnival is going back to Bermuda, but I have to admit that, for me, cruising to Bermuda loses some of its appeal when you are docked out at the dockyard instead of in Hamilton or St. George.

My first cruise to Bermuda was on a ship (RCI Empress) that was small enough to fit right into those ports, and it was so much more convenient than on my 2nd cruise (NCL Dawn) where we were out at the dockyard and had to rely on the buses and ferries to get anywhere.

Since the smaller ships are pretty much gone now, if I ever go back to Bermuda I would probably just fly there and just stay at a hotel or resort.

166677417gLvdjE_fs.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

OMG. I am having Bermuda withdrawal! :eek:

I think maybe a last minute booking on The NCL Spirit out of Boston for Sept. might be something I'll look into in a couple months.

Hey, I've been whining about it for ages too! I want some credit! :p

Seriously, may just book the sailing on Glory out of Norfolk the day it opens up!

I was looking at that one, too! Just have to figure out if DH is willing to do a second cruise next year. He wants to go to Maine in August so not sure about enough vacation time for him yet.

This makes me a happy camper. I've wanted to cruise to Bermuda for a while but didn't want to pay the premium price for a solo the other lines charge. Any of the ports work for me, so I'll book the best 1A deal I can find.

Ummm, I'd pass on Greece for awhile. :eek:

Yeah I hear ya, but hopefully they will get their act together in the next couple of years (probably take that long to get the schedules anyway).

I had the lobster and grey snapper the last time on NCL (granted, the Majesty) and it was lovely. I had some bad experiences with the MDR, but I chalk that up more to a ship specific issue than an across-the-board observation. I've found a lot of their newer ships have much better buffets than CCL. I'm not particularly fond of CCL's buffet layout. Too linear and slow-moving, lends a certain hostility to actually getting food.

I concur. The steakhouse and hibachi are fantastic. We didn't try the French or the Italian choices they had on the Gem, but we never heard a bad review.

I had a bad experience with a grey snapper myself:eek:

There the always positive Lemur we know and love;)

The snow is just about melted by then! :p

That's pretty funny comin from a guy who saw a lot more snow than I did this year :D

I literally haven't seen snow since mid Feb.

Man, it has been an awesome year for us up this way. :D

Archived