Is beverage package worth it don't think so

cruise53

Well this will be the finial report:

This cruise line is out to do nothing but make money, this is evidenced by there actions such as charging for drinks.......

I agree completely!! Since you are trying to be so evenhanded with your Reivew, you probably didn't notice the 'bait and switch'. When you come aboard the 1st day, they give you a free glass of champagne.....I went back a number of times and go a few more. But the next day, I asked for another champagne - the waiter got it for me and Charged Me!! They start you off with free drinks and then switch on you, making you pay for it. I told him to take it back and I sat there with my arms folded very upset outside Michales at 1pm waiting for it to open for Elite free drinks.

Terrible! What is this, the Sears of the Seas?!?!

Denny

Was able to try the Revised Package on the Century a few weeks ago

57.00 per day per person!

get over it people for once there is an all inclusive option..and it worked for us!

by the time you add up an average day it is about the same or more for us

4 beers

1-2 latte

2 bottle Mineral Water with dinner

1 glass of wine-2 at dinner

2-3 Martinis before dinner

3 Rye and Coke ( perhaps more if out late )

That would cost us more then 57.00 per day

usually My bill is 650.00-800.00 easy per just a & day cruise, (we keep our bills to look back and compare)

This new Premium package includes it all, and other then the odd bartender we have never had an issues getting a drink in March on Solstice or Century this May with beverage packages.

As for cruise service!

After the USA down turn in the Economy I had friends pay as little as 400.00 for a window room for a 7 day cruise on lines such as Princess, Rccl Celebrity and NCL. To be honest even though we book a suite usually they are the small percentage of rooms how can anyone expect the lines to have 100% service and food and shows, and details when al of them have a hard time charging full fares? Lately the fares are rising but it will take much time for them to build it all back.

Everyone picking out small things here and there and getting into elevators and sitting at dinner hearing passengers complain about small things

such as

"the room steward did not smile"

"There was crumbs on the elevator floor"

"the server is to slow"

"why cant they get my custom order faster I am a Diamond member"

"The music by the pool is to loud"

"they do not have enough music by the pool"

"The Lawn club is a waste of space to quiet etc"

"why should I pay to use a quite area called the Sanctuary"

"This ships rocks more then our last cruise cna't they fix it"

"last cruise the Blue berries were fresher"

"I am never cruising on this line again" (saying it loud so everyone hears)

" cancel the tenders I want 1 days worth of the cruise fare back" Yelling at the front desk person

this and that actually ruins my vacation more then anything else!!!!

As for cruise service!

"the server is to slow"

" cancel the tenders I want 1 days worth of the cruise fare back" Yelling at the front desk person

LOLolol...laughing with you not at you...LOLolol

Originally Posted by toronto25

As for cruise service!

"the server is to slow"

Yes this is true.

We have now done 5 cruises on Celebrity and 3 on Carnival. We both found things we didn't like but we found many more that we did. The way some of these people talk on here if I were a first time cruiser I would be scared to cruise. Yes I have ordered a meal I didn't like but I either ordered something else or got something else at another location. No not all the bar staff were friendly but I was able to find one that was, and you know what he had my favorite drink ready for me when I walked in sometimes when I wasn't ready for it. Yes there were torn places in the carpet and some paint missing but the ship(Infinity)is almost 10 years old. If I felt the way some of these people talk I wouldn't go on a cruise and certainly not a repeat cruise. Our first cruise cruise was on the Holiday (Carnival) and we thought it was was great. Then after several of those I did a Celebrity wit my youngest Daughter through the Panama canal (inside cabin) and thought I had died and gone to heaven. I have paid way more for a drink in hotels around the country and have have had less choices on the menu..... My advice to these people who complain repeatedly about different things on the ship is DON'T GO.:eek: Find somewhere else to spend your money. While thread is all in fun I have seen almost everyone of these comments somewhere else. It is almost like the are out to bash Celebrity. :):):)

HAPPY CRUISING EVERYBODY

Well this will be the finial report:

This cruise line is out to do nothing but make money, this is evidenced by there actions such as charging for drinks, specially coffee, spa treatments, shore excursions, items in the gift shoppe, photos, items in the mini fredg, flowers sent to a room, transfers to and from the airport, and airfare to and from the ship.

Many places I saw small portions of paint flaking away.

The ship its self is in horrible shape, I noticed rust in various places on the ship, torn carpet(especially at door entrances) dirty windows, towels scattered around the pool, glasses with drinks half drunk sitting everywhere, dirty plates on tables left there as long as 30 seconds after the user had left.

The bar staff work several different bars on the ship.

Only saw the Captain 7 times.

Internet café no attendant in it after 12 AM

Most of the food was put up after 2 AM

Embarkation was a was a disaster, we had to stand in line with the common people(we are elite)

Disembarkation was wost than embarkation, had to sit in a room and weight to be called.

Luggage was picked up the night before, we were forced to jam everything into a small bag.

The staff were rude, unresponsive to our needs, and not enough of them.

Many of the staff don't speak good English.

The food was awful, each night had a different meal was never the same.

Drinks are too high priced.

Same sheets on the the bed two days in a row.

Cabin steward cleaned the the room 4 times a day, I expected him to be there 24/7.

Since we are Elite I would have expected the ship to have free drinks for use an any bar any time rather than just 2 hours each evening.( you know how many cruises you have to do on this junk line to get this type of status)

Entertainers were rotated between different locations. When you found one you could put up with he/she was at a different location each night.

Well, now I am off the offer my thoughts to B P about the oil spill. See y'all on the next cruise. (I may have one more post on this thread)

Junk line, indeed! It sounds like an absolute voyage from hell. How can that one fun day you had in port make up for all the egregious horrors you endured on the ship? They should offer you Sainthood instead of elite points. In fact, if I were you, just to let them know I was serious, I would tell them I'm taking my junk elite status and am going to an elegant, intimate line, like Carnival. That ought to get their attention!

Good luck with the crisis in the gulf. It was great reading your posts and reading first hand how people suffer on cruises.

Junk line, indeed! It sounds like an absolute voyage from hell. How can that one fun day you had in port make up for all the egregious horrors you endured on the ship? They should offer you Sainthood instead of elite points. In fact, if I were you, just to let them know I was serious, I would tell them I'm taking my junk elite status and am going to an elegant, intimate line, like Carnival. That ought to get their attention!

Good luck with the crisis in the gulf. It was great reading your posts and reading first hand how people suffer on cruises.

"common people"

are you kidding me? That's rude

My wife and I have over 20 cruise credits each with celebrity and dot flaunt it

some people achieve elite by sailing from Florida driving from a home in Florida and paying 300 per person for a weeks cruise ( not saying you did but many do) so if standing by a peron paying 20,000 per person for a suite makes an elite member a common person then yikes that's just to bad !!!!

Mistakes happen it's not always the norm the more you cruise the more chances some won't all go as smooth, just be happy you can travel when done have not even a roof over head.

It bugs me when people flaunt cruise status! A few weeks ago the ship was late coming back from dry dock ( century) and embarkation was messy but they tried! I heard this couple saying lousy to everyone the met " this is how elite status is treated on here, We pay the saleries of these people! They should act like it"

later to find out they were diamond on RCCL this was the first Celebrity cruise. Yes benifits are earned but so is behaviour so I sure hope these people don't have kids!

Complaint about the sticky floor to a staff member in the buffer area loudly

and in a rude tone is just as tacky as the spilled berverage itself

Opps I was trying to add more humor so sorry if it did not come across lol

I'm just as imperfect as the cruiselines lol

No, my error!....I'll aim that last post at myself. Your 'satire' was just too subtle for an idiot such as I!

Denny

"common people"

some people achieve elite by sailing from Florida driving from a home in Florida and paying 300 per person for a weeks cruise

Exactly. Some people eat arugula and automatically becoming elite. That is why I suggested Sainthood for cruise53. Surely Sainthood trumps elite?

• 2 months later...

Archived