Is beverage package worth it don't think so

cruise53

We got on board today at 11:30am. I like to get their as early as possible to save as much money as possible. By getting their at 11:30 we were able to skip supper the night before and Breakfast this morning, although were a little hungry. We went to restaurant and had a fine lunch. Had a little trouble sitting because of 8 rum runners totally full strapped to my body. Was very cautious not to get close to any sharp objects(a rupture or puncture could have be disastrous):o

Noticed a lot of food left on plates, resisted the urge to take some of it back to room.:confused:

DH and spent the next two hours walking around ship, sitting was not comfortable with the rum runners strapped on.:eek:.

When we finally got to our room I could hardly breath(because of rum runners).:D I took them off and mixed a drink from them. While on deck I found a half full can of coke so I didn't have to buy that either.(had thought about just mixing with water but I do have standards) Ice in bucket is free, I called and verified that.Then settled in for a long afternoon of waiting for the luggage to arrive.

When luggage did arrive we began to unpack. Bag one contain 11 fifths of Jack Daniels, Two bottles of Grey Goose, 7 bottles of wine was actually 8 but more on that in a minute, 2 (24 can) cartons of cokes along with 2 bags of nuts(don't like taking from the bar as you get funny looks from the bar tenders) and 6 small bags of potato chips. The rest of the items in the suit case were my white under shorts and tee shirts of which many were now red from the broken bottle of wine.

I began unpacking suite case # 2 while DH is in the shower trying to wash out the wine from my under shorts and tee shirts:D. As I unzipped bag 2 the phone rang and it was security who were holding bag 3 and for down stairs.

I will continue this when I return from down stairs.:cool:

LOL! :p And I am sure you have all 7 pairs of jeans that you plan to wear for dinner already hanging in the closet. . .

NO I purchased a RED dinner jacket at the Salvation Army store in town(got a real good deal too).:o

:eek:Well Security has agreed to take a break between Bag 3 and bag 4 inspection. I will need to be be back in 30 minutes so I can't say much. I am in the INTERNET café' now typing this as my free blackberry minuets have run out:(. We got a free OBC for INTERNET. On the way up I did find a glass 3/4 full of some type of alcoholic beverage. I had to drink it before they would let me in the room.

It would seem that Celebrity did not like some of the things I had in bag 3. They were :

3 boxes of candles-was going to use in room for specialty night dinning in cabin (saves $25 per person in specialty restaurant)

1 Iron- saves laundry expense(red dinner Jacket is high)

250 feet of 1/4 inch rope and hooks-saves on deep sea fishing trip(just do it from the back of boat)

1 Coffee maker- do you know what they charge for some of those coffees with the whipped cream??????????$$$$$$

That is all they took from bag 3. I must report back down stairs now.:eek:

I'd suggest you drink fast before they open your last suitcase...sounds like they are loosing their humor. Should be a lot of half empty champagne glasses left around from people coming on board....or just go back down to the gangway and pretend you are coming on board and get more freebees.

This is great stuff. keep it coming!!

Denny

Does anybody know really how much money you can save by picking up half smoked cigarettes, drinking unfinished drinks in bars, draining the hose at the gas station(don't do this while smoking the half smoked cigarettes), one time we even trying using the room key from our last cruise but that didn't work.:confused:

Items Celebrity Did Not Like:

Bag 4

500 bars of RC cruise line soap- forgot to take out after last cruise

Bate for fishing line in bag 3- I think they didn’t care about the bate just the smell

Charcoal grill- did not realize that room service is free

Bolo Knife- to have been used for cutting flowers while in port for cabin

Hand gun- like to carry on shore trips where you get the good deals from cab drivers that don’t look so good

Did not say a word about the Napkins that had American Airlines on them, the glasses that had Holiday Inn, or the towels that had Hilton.

Now on the way back to the cabin

We looked at buying one drink card but it would have cost 724.00:eek:. That much will pay to stock the room with booze for the whole trip and then you don't have to worry about getting caught except when boarding. More on money saving ideas later it is now time for the life boat drill.

We looked at buying one drink card but it would have cost 724.00:eek:. That much will pay to stock the room with booze for the whole trip and then you don't have to worry about getting caught except when boarding. More on money saving ideas later it is now time for the life boat drill.

Keep them coming my friend.

Cheers,

JoAnne

Cruise53

Glad to see another honest member of the clean plate club, no leftover group and or Elite member, maybe an Elite will take you/yours into the free drink room latter in the week or do you already have a staff ID card from the last cruise????

Enjoy and have a great free buffet......towels are free too just do not take two many

Bruton Branch:)

Just a note form last night. Dinner went well, had plenty to eat but it is a little bothersome having to make 5 trips back to cabin to mix new drinks. I had thought about trying to take rum runner in Dining room but after the earlier experience of have worn them for the better part of 6 hours I decided against that.

When super was over I tipped the Waiter and assistant Waiter along with the Head waiter. I had a brand new roll of quarters in my pocket just for this reason. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOKS ON THEIR FACES. I could tell they haded not gotten tips like that in a while. I never use the automatic tips as I am sure the cruise line steals the money:mad:. Also gave the cabin boy a fifty cent tip this morning. He was impressed too. You know I am a pay as you go kind of guy.

We have not gotten breakfast yet as I am hopping for someone to leave one those specialty coffees sitting around also have been to costumer service to get tip removed from our account but their are not there yet. Will report later in day.

cruise53,

I'm disappointed that so far you haven't made any inspections of the ship:( Surely you should have time to take a camera and photograph the rust spots, torn/stained carpet bedspreads throughout the ship and don't forget a report on the number of burned out light bulbs:D

Just a note form last night. Dinner went well, had plenty to eat but it is a little bothersome having to make 5 trips back to cabin to mix new drinks. I had thought about trying to take rum runner in Dining room but after the earlier experience of have worn them for the better part of 6 hours I decided against that.

When super was over I tipped the Waiter and assistant Waiter along with the Head waiter. I had a brand new roll of quarters in my pocket just for this reason. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOKS ON THEIR FACES. I could tell they haded not gotten tips like that in a while. I never use the automatic tips as I am sure the cruise line steals the money:mad:. Also gave the cabin boy a fifty cent tip this morning. He was impressed too. You know I am a pay as you go kind of guy.

We have not gotten breakfast yet as I am hopping for someone to leave one those specialty coffees sitting around also have been to costumer service to get tip removed from our account but their are not there yet. Will report later in day.

Tip as you go kinda guy? Didn't you board the ship as a woman? :eek: Sounds like you have MUCH more to report! :D

cruise53,

I'm disappointed that so far you haven't made any inspections of the ship:( Surely you should have time to take a camera and photograph the rust spots, torn/stained carpet bedspreads throughout the ship and don't forget a report on the number of burned out light bulbs:D

I always save that for last when I try to get the next cruise paid for by the cruise line.:cool:

Tip as you go kinda guy? Didn't you board the ship as a woman? :eek: Sounds like you have MUCH more to report! :D

No always been a man. I think that came from not knowing what DH means, I thought it Domestic Half, then someone told me it Dear Husband?????????????????:o

cruise53,

By the way I did start counting the burnout light bulbs in the Constellation Lounge last night but lost count having to run back to the room and mix more drinks.:rolleyes:

Archived