Buckingham Palace

I was reading on another post that Buckingham Palace is only having evening tours due to construction. I went to their website and there wasn't any info to that effect. I was thinking of buying advance tickets, but now I'm not sure. Does anyone know about this?

Buckingham Palace is usually only open to visitors in August/September when the Queen is not in residence. This page has more details: http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/default.asp?action=article&ID=30

Outside of those dates, all you can see is the outside of the building and watch the changing of the guard through the iron fence. Sometimes they have the gates open, but not always.

Buckingham Palace is usually only open to visitors in August/September when the Queen is not in residence. This page has more details: http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/default.asp?action=article&ID=30

Outside of those dates, all you can see is the outside of the building and watch the changing of the guard through the iron fence. Sometimes they have the gates open, but not always.

That's the website I was looking at. We will be there in Aug. when it's supposed to be open. Maybe the other post which said there would only be evening tours was incorrect.

what they website seems to be saying is that the evening tour is special in that it includes champagne and perhaps a more exclusive/less crowded experience, but it looks like you can get a normal daytime ticket too. I've not heard anything about the viewing times during August being restricted, but you can always email and ask if you're really concerned.

I have tickets for the state rooms tour for July 27th. My tickets clearly say Buckingham Palace summer openiing of the state rooms.

I hope I'm getting to go into the state rooms....

Admission prices

The State Rooms, Buckingham Palace

(includes audio guide)

Adult £17.00

Over 60/ Student (with valid ID) £15.50

Under 17 £9.75

Under 5 Free

Family £45.00 (2 adults and 3 under 17s)

A Royal Day Out

(This ticket gives admission to three sites: The State Rooms, the Royal Mews and The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace)

(only available 27 July - 1 October 2010)

Adult £30.50

Over 60/ Student (with valid ID) £27.50

Under 17 £17.50

Family £80.00 (2 adults and 3 under 17s)

I have booked the evening tour for July 29 for 65 GBP which includes a guide and only 30 people, the day tour is audio commentary. It is nice receiving an envelope stamped from Buckingham Palace.

• 2 months later...
I have booked the evening tour for July 29 for 65 GBP which includes a guide and only 30 people, the day tour is audio commentary. It is nice receiving an envelope stamped from Buckingham Palace.

Where did you get tix for the evening tour? Website? Tour Company?

I have tickets for the state rooms tour for July 27th. My tickets clearly say Buckingham Palace summer openiing of the state rooms.

I hope I'm getting to go into the state rooms....

Admission prices

The State Rooms, Buckingham Palace

(includes audio guide)

Adult £17.00

Over 60/ Student (with valid ID) £15.50

Under 17 £9.75

Under 5 Free

Family £45.00 (2 adults and 3 under 17s)

A Royal Day Out

(This ticket gives admission to three sites: The State Rooms, the Royal Mews and The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace)

(only available 27 July - 1 October 2010)

Adult £30.50

Over 60/ Student (with valid ID) £27.50

Under 17 £17.50

Family £80.00 (2 adults and 3 under 17s)

I have them as well---for Aug. 21st!

Archived