does early saver rate ever go down?

jenms2000

does the early saver rate ever drop? if not, is there any reason to check rates until it goes away? would any other rate ever be lower than early saver? thanks for your expert help.....:rolleyes:

Yes, mine dropped three times to the tune of $75.00

Had three separate price drops. One occurred before final payment so the price of the cruise was reduced. Two occurred after final payment. We have $520 in onboard credit between our two cabins. We leave on Saturday.

Keep checking. Print the price when you find it and submit the form.

.....I originally paid about $2000 for my 4 and 5 day cruises. When all was said and done between price drops before final payment and OBC's after, they went down about $800.

Of course it's all dependent on the cruise. Not all cruises will experience such good returns on ES.

wasiii

Our final payment date has passed for our Aug cruise. Can no longer se ES rates. How do I check that now? Or do I just use rate and cat that I have to compare?

check ALL rates that you qualify for (for instance if you are not a senior, then you dont need to check senior rate) .. check past guest box, check which state you are from, any other rate.

pack n go, is guarantees, you cant match directly, since you had to pick a cabin, but if a higher category drops, you can upgrade to it.

Ours is still $100 above what we paid. It has come down $40.00. Priced jumped way up after we booked. We are cat 8A and can upgrade to *C for free but I chose the ext balcony L shaped room and don't want to move. Wanted bigger balcony.

check ALL rates that you qualify for (for instance if you are not a senior, then you dont need to check senior rate) .. check past guest box, check which state you are from, any other rate.

pack n go, is guarantees, you cant match directly, since you had to pick a cabin, but if a higher category drops, you can upgrade to it.

How does this work if you are in a quad room? We are currently booked in a 4B so it is possible that a guarantee OV would be lower than we paid under ES. If that happens do we get a room assigned or do we end up waiting until we board for a room assignment? Do they do guarantees for quad rooms?

does the early saver rate ever drop? if not, is there any reason to check rates until it goes away? would any other rate ever be lower than early saver? thanks for your expert help.....:rolleyes:

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates.

Ken

Yes. My balcony cabin on the Miracle dropped about 5 times for an OBC of $610!!!!!! I went solo so that credit was all for me.To me early saver is worth the aggravation of checking the rates once or twice a day.:D

Archived