B.A Strike

Iamsailing

My wife and i are sailing on the Spirit Rome to Athens, May 29th - June 12th

We are flying British Airways booked through Silversea. Does anybody know what happens

if the flight is delayed or cancelled

Thanks

My wife and i are sailing on the Spirit Rome to Athens, May 29th - June 12th. We are flying British Airways booked through Silversea. Does anybody know what happens if the flight is delayed or cancelled. Thanks

Silversea will try to find other flight options, including maybe flying you a day or two early in order to make it all work out.

From the Business Week/Bloomberg News with the past few minutes, they have this headline: "British Airways Crews Announce 20 Days of Strikes" with these highlights: "British Airways Plc’s 12,000 cabin crew will strike for 20 days starting this month after rejecting an offer on pay and staffing levels, dealing another blow to the carrier following last month’s travel disruptions because of Iceland’s volcanic ash." During the last BA strike, most of their flights still operated. I would call Silversea. Be patient as I'm sure they are getting lots of calls.

Full story at:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-10/british-airways-crews-announce-20-days-of-strikes-update1-.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Silversea will try to find other flight options, including maybe flying you a day or two early in order to make it all work out.

From the Business Week/Bloomberg News with the past few minutes, they have this headline: "British Airways Crews Announce 20 Days of Strikes" with these highlights: "British Airways Plc’s 12,000 cabin crew will strike for 20 days starting this month after rejecting an offer on pay and staffing levels, dealing another blow to the carrier following last month’s travel disruptions because of Iceland’s volcanic ash." During the last BA strike, most of their flights still operated. I would call Silversea. Be patient as I'm sure they are getting lots of calls.

Full story at:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-05-10/british-airways-crews-announce-20-days-of-strikes-update1-.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Although,not twenty consecutive days.

Hi, we were due to fly on 1st April from Glasgow to London with BA and that day was outside of their scheduled strike days, but when we checked their website, our flight had been cancelled. They did offer us an alternative but we were concerned it might be cancelled too. We ended up going by train as we had to get transatlantic from Heathrow to board the Silver Cloud in San Juan, PR. But from what you say, the onus would be on Silversea, not on your guys personally

My wife and i are sailing on the Spirit Rome to Athens, May 29th - June 12th

We are flying British Airways booked through Silversea. Does anybody know what happens

if the flight is delayed or cancelled

Thanks

Yes, since you book through SS they would be responsible for finding a solution.

If this was me I would do two things. First, have the TA contact their air/sea department to see if they are already working on a back up plan and if I thought there was high probability of a strike I might see if they could switch me to another airline sooner rather than later.

Keith

We had a similar situation with the BA strike potential in Dec. The SS air dept. switched us from BA to Continental at no charge and they did it overnight. IMHO they do a superb job and really stay on top of things.

Just off the Cloud - on the last day of the cruise we received a notice from SS air that our BA flight home had been cancelled, but giving the details of the new flight they had booked us on. Excellent service, in my opinion.

Archived