Nurses cruise

lbbythesea

We have a group of about 6-10 nurses that are looking for a short, convenient 4 day cruise, probably out of Port Canaveral. Any thoughts or recommendations?? Looks like the Carnival Sensation, Carnival Imagination and Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas are options. I have been on the Monarch before and it was great.

Thanks for your thoughts or ideas!!

:rolleyes:

We have a group of about 6-10 nurses that are looking for a short, convenient 4 day cruise, probably out of Port Canaveral. Any thoughts or recommendations?? Looks like the Carnival Sensation, Carnival Imagination and Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas are options. I have been on the Monarch before and it was great.

Thanks for your thoughts or ideas!!

:rolleyes:

Being a nurse myself, I would say any of those choices would be better than a 12 hour shift.

I am an RN in a major trauma center and my DH and I loooove to cruise! We would suggest the Monarch and also would suggest going a couple of days early and stay at the Radisson @ the Port! It is not very expensive, has a beautiful pool area and pool bar! The rooms are clean,spacious and modern. Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach are quaint, fun small towns and the beach is beautiful. We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle to take and return us to Orlando for our flights, they were awesome! If you are in Port(Cape) Canaveral, use Royal Taxi, Steve was our driver and he took us on a mini tour, as well as to the grocery and liquor stores. This is our favorite port, just wish RCCL had more ships there!

I would suggest organizing some of your cruising buddies to put together a CEU program (say, one hour or so each day accredited by AACN or ANCC) so that you can then make the trip tax deductible! :)) Teach each other something with a froo-froo drink in hand! Invite me!

I would suggest organizing some of your cruising buddies to put together a CEU program (say, one hour or so each day accredited by AACN or ANCC) so that you can then make the trip tax deductible! :)) Teach each other something with a froo-froo drink in hand! Invite me!

This really is a good way to go, but it is a lot more complicated than it looks. You have to meet certain criteria to get accreditation for your program. If you want to go on one, but don't want to do all of that work to get your tax deductions, consider this:

http://www.universityatsea.com/

I have done accredited CEU Seminars at Sea in the past, but it takes a year or more to plan and get the accreditation. With the above (or any of several others out there like it), you get the benefits but don't have to do the work/get stressed out. (Triage RN)

This really is a good way to go, but it is a lot more complicated than it looks. You have to meet certain criteria to get accreditation for your program. If you want to go on one, but don't want to do all of that work to get your tax deductions, consider this:

http://www.universityatsea.com/

I have done accredited CEU Seminars at Sea in the past, but it takes a year or more to plan and get the accreditation. With the above (or any of several others out there like it), you get the benefits but don't have to do the work/get stressed out. (Triage RN)

I organize full day and multiday continuing ed programs all the time for my AACN chapter. It wouldn't be as hard as you make it sound, nor should it take a year to organize. A group of involved nurses should be able to organize a program for a lot less money than the business you mention and that's a huge plus- more money for froo froo drinks!!

Archived