travel to Barcelona

npinsp

There is nothing you can do to prepare as noone knows ahead of time if flights will be canceled. The Barcelona airport was only closed for a few hours and then reopened again.

Hopefully all will go well but there is nothing you can really do about any of it.

The unrest in air travel is all the more reason to build flex room in your travel. If the cruise leaves on June 5 a planned arrival of 10am is going to be problematical if the plane is 6 hours late you are going to watch it from the shore. Getting in a day early these days isn't a good plan, it is perhaps not conservative enough.

So go a day or two early if all is good you have a nice vacation. If delays happen you have a cushion.

Anyone traveling next week to Barcelona for a cruise? Concerns about flight from southern US. Any ideas about what to do if flight cancelled to Barcelona?

Did you purchase these tickets directly from the airline? All you can do right now is keep checking with the airline about the status of their flights. Your options are different, depending where you purchased your tickets.

I fly into Heathrow first in about 1.5 weeks where I spend the night and the next day take a 2 hour flight to Barcelona where my end of the month cruise begins. I have 3 days precruise built in so I don't know what else I can do at this point. I just have to wait and watch. Perhaps if I can make it to London and then a problem arises, if worse comes to worse I could fight for a seat on a train but . . . I am staying optimistic.

Archived