Silverseas minibar

sho

Can I request champagne to be stocked in my suite? What brand of champagne is usually provided? Moet available?

You can request anything. If they do not have a certain brand available, they will tell you they are sorry and give you other options. They will have more than one brand available of nearly everything.:)

I have never seen Moet served aboard. The champagne of choice for a long time, was Pommery which (as of last November) was readily available but was not the champagne generally being left in suites upon boarding.

My DW, who is the champagne expert says non-vintage Pommery is generally better than non-vintage Moet on six days out of seven with a 5% error rate. But after two bottles, who can tell the difference ! ;-)

I'm not sure that I would describe Silverseas suites as having a "mini-bar", it's more like a "maxi-bar" if you wish.

I have never seen Moet served aboard. The champagne of choice for a long time, was Pommery which (as of last November) was readily available but was not the champagne generally being left in suites upon boarding.

My DW, who is the champagne expert says non-vintage Pommery is generally better than non-vintage Moet on six days out of seven with a 5% error rate. But after two bottles, who can tell the difference ! ;-)

I'm not sure that I would describe Silverseas suites as having a "mini-bar", it's more like a "maxi-bar" if you wish.

Purely a matter of personal taste. I prefer Moet Brut Imperial to Pommery, however Moet is not available on Silversea as a complimentary.

Can I request champagne to be stocked in my suite? What brand of champagne is usually provided? Moet available?

They recently moved to Drappier as the default brand, i.e. in bars and in the suites as part of the welcolm aboard, however there are other brands available.

Most of the well-known brands are complimentary. A few super-luxury brands are extra-cost. Some examples (these were correct in November, IIRC): Black Label whisky is complimentary (but Blue Label isn't); most gins and vodkas are complimentary, including Bombay and Grey Goose; Remy Martin is complimentary. You can always ask, of course: there is no particular need to pre-order your in-room drinks because the staff will usually sort out any requests on the same day. Or ask here if you have something specific in mind, and mostly somebody will know.

Unless you are requesting something extraordinary such as a Louis XIII cognac or Johnny Walker Blue you can assume that pretty much everything is complimentary (Grey Goose, Bombay Sapphire, JW Black etc.) And even if you ordered something not included you would be asked to sign and there would not be a surprise on your bill.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you request what you would wish in your minibar in advance?
You can ask: use the "anything else" section when completing your guest details in "My Voyage" online. As wripro says, however, it is just as effective (sometimes more so) to talk to the cabin staff when you board.

I asked for Bombay Sapphire gin in my cabin and was told they only had Tanqueray which was totally acceptable, but I was a tad annoyed to see Bombay Sapphire in the bars

Funny ... last trip I asked for Tanqueray and got Bombay Sapphire - which was also perfectly acceptable !

Archived