Bordeaux - car/driver

KyleSS

We have used Alain at dionysos.bordeaux@free.fr for several wine tours in Bordeaux. He will get you into vineyards otherwise unavailable to the public. Touring the vineyards in Bordeaux is not like doing it in California. You need to arrange visits ahead of time. Alain is really superb, speaks english, and is very accomodating.

We have used Alain at dionysos.bordeaux@free.fr for several wine tours in Bordeaux. He will get you into vineyards otherwise unavailable to the public. Touring the vineyards in Bordeaux is not like doing it in California. You need to arrange visits ahead of time. Alain is really superb, speaks english, and is very accomodating.

While I don't have experience on this specific driver/guide, the idea of a private tour on some key Bordeaux wine vineyards is excellent. In France, most of the wine places are much smaller and more family than what people have experienced in California. There are many options in addition to wine in the Bordeaux area. Outline, in detail, what you need, like and want in what you will send as a request to this person and any other potential tour firms. Ask questions, etc. Make it personal and custom to your interests and needs! Don't be shy! Ask questions. Lots to share and learn from previous travels on these boards. Also grab, maybe from your library or a transfer they can do for you, such good visual books such as Eyewitness, Insight, etc. These resources can you help better figure out your priorities for what you want to do and see.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Yes, we had a great time with Alan, but I don't have his contact info. If you can wait a few days I'll find it for you (I'm off on vacation today.)

We were a party of 6, and worked with him to design our day--a fairly short bistro lunch in St. Emilion, touring that town, the cathedral, and visits to two small chateaux. Delightful.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, we had a great time with Alan, but I don't have his contact info. If you can wait a few days I'll find it for you (I'm off on vacation today.)

We were a party of 6, and worked with him to design our day--a fairly short bistro lunch in St. Emilion, touring that town, the cathedral, and visits to two small chateaux. Delightful.

Hi Wendy,

Just wondering if you were able to find that tour guide's info?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
We have a car and driver booked for 4th july.Will post as soon as we return.

Looking forward to hearing how this worked and what you did -- and the contact info if you were pleased.

Many thanks,

Mary-Lou

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from the Oceania Insignia cruise that sailed from Copenhagen to Lisbon.This cruise spent the night docked in Bordeaux and the next day went to St. Jean de Luz.

Six of us booked a private tour with ATLANTIQUE BERLINES <info@atlb.fr> Not inexpensive but worthwhile indeed.

The first day the driver picked us up and took us for a private wine tasting at a Chateau, back to Bordeaux for a dinner in the city and back to the ship.. We were docked right in the city. The next morning he picked us up and took us to St. Emilion for another private wine tasting and back to the city for our sailing in the afternoon.

The next day another driver picked us up at the tender in St Jean de Luz and drove us to Bayonne, Biarritz across the border to Spain for a tapas lunch in San Sebastian and then back to St. Jean de Luz. It was a terrific day with lots to experience especially being in both French and Spanish Basque country, very unique.

Both of the drivers were charming and attentive and were happy to make any changes in our planned itinerary to suit our needs.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Linda

Archived