My shipboard account covered...for free!!

Danno

Just cleaned out my "I don't smoke" jug at home and have over $1500 in spending money for our cruise in 19 days...actually I have never smoked, but I put the price of one pack per day in the jug, plus any pocket change...the $1500+ has just been since we got back from Zenith in Oct.

I think this is much more enjoyable than watching my money go "up in smoke"...with our 21 year old son along this time (college "reading week") I'm sure most of it will be spent :D !!

Kinda like having all my cruise expenses covered...at the tobacco company's AND our governments expense!!

The only downfall is I may live much longer, thus I will need to save even MORE money to cruise, after I retire.

On my only HAL cruise I saw so many oxygen bottles I thought I was on a "scuba" theme cruise!!

It was also the cruise with, by far, the most smokers...draw from that whatever conclusion you may.

I've never smoked so I didn't think of a "non-smoking" jar (heck, I don't even know how much it costs for a package of cigarettes). But, you've got me thinking. If I give up my "Tim Horton's" and Doug gives up his "Tim Horton's"

I could collect $1.35 x 2 for our morning coffees, and $1.35 for my afternoon coffees and contribute the equivalent of the 12 coffees I drink driving down to Windsor and back - seven times a year and double that for Doug's share, my cruise fund would be:

Daily: 1.35 x 3 = $4.05 x 365 days = $1478.25

Windsor: 1.35 x 12 = $16.20 x 2 = $32.40 x 7 = $226.80

Hey, that's $1705.05 CDN ! Now, I just have to remind myself to put the money into a jar and fix my car so it doesn't automatically point to Tim Horton's and we'll be all set.:D

Enjoy your cruise.

Terry:D

Terry...I've never smoked either, I don't know how I missed that bad habit, I seem to have had every other one.

I just figured that I COULD afford to smoke if I so chose, but Celebrity just seems like a better place to spend $3000 each year, $6000 if I could get Jill to co-operate.

Well, time to start putting together my packing list...the dark grey suit or the black suit??

We quit about 1 month ago ... :)

Although we don't save much $$ ( we used to order from yesmoke.ch for really small price) we feel very good about ourselves.:) Specially due to the fact that even though we were smoking 1/2 pack each a day for 10+ years we didn't have to use anything to stop.

Our 13 yo son is very happy.:)

... if I could get Jill to co-operate.

Well, time to start putting together my packing list...the dark grey suit or the black suit??

That would be great for both of you if Jill could. :)

As for the suit... are you talking for informal and going the tux route for formal or are you talking for formal?

Tatka congratulations on quiting. We can celebrate on the cruise.

St.Francis Merlot 1999.

Great choice Danno, one of our very favorite wines. We usually have it at least one or two nights on each cruise.

In keeping in line with the post. My husband works a second job part time as a bartender. He gives me most of his tips each week, not all but most. I stick them away in a jar so they don't get used. Since our last cruise in August 2004 to Bermuda we have save $6,300 towards our next two cruises. That's the only way we could afford to cruise.

Anne Maria

Thank you :) ....

One thing I noticed...since I stopped smoking I can't really drink too...:( I mean I didn't drink a lot before, but now can't at all..as I know after that I'll definitely will want to smoke.

Last cruise they didn't have the 1999 only the 2000...it's not nearly as good.

I ordered a case of the 1999 after our cruise in 2001...I have 4 bottles left...one for our son's wedding (no hurry Matt, it'll keep ;) ), one for our 25th anniversary, one for the day when we first sail our (new to us) sail boat, and one for the day we meet DUCK in NYC...my good friend, that I've never met face to face :D . (Actually I wish I had 50 bottles to share with this great group...but DUCK brought us into his life when his son was born...least we can do is share a great bottle of wine with him).

Last cruise they didn't have the 1999 only the 2000...it's not nearly as good.

Danno, now that you said that, I do remember the same thing on our last cruise. My husband was a little sad that they didn't have the 1999. But he got over it.

Enjoy the 4 bottles you have left.

Anne Maria

You deserve it ya big lug....it's the least Jill and I can do after your kind offer to put us up at the Plaza for the week ;) .

dont give it another thought. it was my pleasure to put you guys up in The Plaza Motor Inn route3 paramus nj. next time stay 2 weeks:)

Just cleaned out my "I don't smoke" jug at home and have over $1500 in spending money for our cruise in 19 days...actually I have never smoked, but I put the price of one pack per day in the jug, plus any pocket change.

I wish I had something I didn't do that I could give up. Maybe if I gave up not robbing banks I could be a zillionaire and cruise forever! :D

Hi Dan:)....what week are you leaving?......I booked CENTURY for March 12th today:D

I want to ask you a favor.....(nothing to do with non-smoking money;) ).

If you remember.....could you see if 2 people are on your sailing.....and if they are.......see if they will still be on board for my week?

Erol...he is the Bartender in the Rondeveau Lounge....that is "His Bar".....and he is wonderful~He is from Jamaica.

And also, Jorge.....he is the Restaurant Manager...he is from Portgual....most Passengers call him George.

Just wondered if you would mind doing that for me?

Dan, just wanted to wish you a wonderful time....and no matter what all the complaints and negative comments have been.......I wish you and Jill smooth sailing....and a fantastic week.:)

Consider it done!! We leave Feb 19th...I expect we'll have a great time. The staff on Century has a reputation for being first class. I find if you treat them with respect and consideration you get it back 100 fold....32 degrees C (I think that's 90+f) in St.Thomas today....Ahhhhh :D .

Offtune...sorry, my wife doesn't smoke (she works in public health), she just doesn't put her money in each day :mad: ...definitely the lesser of the two evils :o .
Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for the misunderstanding, Jill.:o Funny, Doug's not as enthusiastic about putting his coffee money in the fund daily, either. :D

Archived