Creme Brulee anytime?

cmlmich

I know this may be a weird question but can you get Creme Brulee anytime on Celebrity? It is one of my favoite desserts and I don't get to have it often. Or is there a 24/7 dessert bar open? My 18 year old Son and I will be on the Infinity in June through Alaska and it is the first time both of us have been on a cruise, so I am not familiar with the food choices. I like desserts and he likes to eat a variety of things and you would never know it because neither us is overweight.:)

I know this may be a weird question but can you get Creme Brulee anytime on Celebrity? It is one of my favoite desserts and I don't get to have it often. Or is there a 24/7 dessert bar open? My 18 year old Son and I will be on the Infinity in June through Alaska and it is the first time both of us have been on a cruise, so I am not familiar with the food choices. I like desserts and he likes to eat a variety of things and you would never know it because neither us is overweight.:)

No 24/7 food venues on Celebrity other than room service. I am not sure if it is an item on the room servicer menu or not. If you do want it each night for dinner, you can speak to your head waiter and make a special request to have it every night. They should be able to do that for you. You also could bring one back to your stateroom after dinner and keep it in the cooler until you are ready to eat it.

At dinner, you will be given a nightly menu. Items on the right side are that night's offerings. Items on the left side may be ordered any night, so if nothing on the right side appeals to you, they are your "fallback" choices. Creme brulee is on the left side, and available any night.

At lunch, there will be a variety of desserts offered at the buffet -- maybe eight or so choices. Some are even sugar free.

There is also an ice cream bar, open from lunch time into the afternoon.

Don't be shy in ordering two (or more!) desserts at dinner. Your waiter won't even blink an eye. We often order one dessert apiece, and then a couple more "for the table" which get passed around for all to take a taste.

Enjoy!

October last, on 28 days....I had creme brulee for dessert at dinner more that 75% of the time. I wasn't all that enamoured of the offerings on the nightly, changed menu (I was quite disappointed in the offerings actually.). Go for it. :)

The "Classic" menu features items available everyday. It is a really good menu with steak, salmon, caesar salad, escargot, creme brulee, cheescake, apple pie al-la-mode, and much more. The escargot were the best I ever had and ordered them 5-6 evenings.

I had a to-die-for coconut creme brulee in Blu one night. Didn't think to ask for desserts from the MDR. Would agree that desserts were the weakest element in Blu - not bad by any means but not the meal's star. Does anyone know if you can order creme brulee - or other MDR desserts - in Blu?

You can't get it 24/7, but you can get it every night in the MDR.

Creme Brulee is part of the regular menu in the MDR, the one that is the same every night, then on one night we also had a Banana Creme Brulee as part of the changing menu.

Does anyone know if you can order creme brulee - or other MDR desserts - in Blu?

Yes, my wife and I ordered creme brulee in Blu. You just have to give them a little notice. We asked the maitre'D on our way out one night if we could have it the next day; sure enough they had it for us when we returned the next day.

Love this thread. Every time I opened the Celebrity CC, yesterday and today, there was the 'Creme Brulee' thread to excite my memories of cruising.

I love the flan type deserts and Brulee is my favorite of all - got it very chance I could and as mentioned before, it was avail Every Night!

I just thought of a way of keeping this thread alive and up at the top of the forum, so here goes:

Yes, I love my Creme Brulee every night. I order it in the MDR, sitting there in my wet Speedo. I particularly enjoy it right after a cigarette, so right before they bring it, I light up and take a few puffs at the table then put the butt out in my dinner plate. I usually hate the main course. Well, I love it but I love more to complain to all my tablemates about how poor quality all the dishes are and not up to the quaility of what I'm use to when I cruised on my favorite line - the US Navy Cruise Line, especially the Carrier class ships - fantastic dining and service!!. I then write all my complaints up and demand a major discount so I can cruise Celebrity again after telling them how poor of quality the cruise line is.

I feel bad about getting the chair wet from my wet speedo, but I leave my towel on one of the pool lounge chairs with my books and other things while I dine for 2hrs so I have the chair when I get back.

Did I miss anything to get a lot of responses and keep this lovely thread going? Just Love the title and need to see the words "Creme Brulee" every time I open this forum up!

Denny

Yes, I love my Creme Brulee every night. I order it in the MDR, sitting there in my wet Speedo. I particularly enjoy it right after a cigarette, so right before they bring it, I light up and take a few puffs at the table then put the butt out in my dinner plate. I usually hate the main course. Well, I love it but I love more to complain to all my tablemates about how poor quality all the dishes are and not up to the quaility of what I'm use to when I cruised on my favorite line - the US Navy Cruise Line, especially the Carrier class ships - fantastic dining and service!!. I then write all my complaints up and demand a major discount so I can cruise Celebrity again after telling them how poor of quality the cruise line is.

I feel bad about getting the chair wet from my wet speedo, but I leave my towel on one of the pool lounge chairs with my books and other things while I dine for 2hrs so I have the chair when I get back.

LOL.

There you go, it's at the top again. :D

• 2 weeks later...
hell if you want that much of it just ask for a few servings to take back to your cabin a few times and keep cool in the fridge. (is it a cold dessert? don't remember) we did this with the little anniversary cake they gave us and it worked out well.

Kelly, creme brulee is awesome. I also ordered it every night because I got hooked on it. It's similar to flan, a custard type dessert that is cold, but they put a sugary top on it, different than flan. Yum, I am thinking of it now.

OP, yes you can get it anytime. It's on the anytime menu.

We found Creme brule at the evening buffet a few times, but vary rarely. It had a dollop of chocolate inside & was delicious! Other than that, deserts on Millie were limited to brownies, chocolate chip, white chocolate chip, or wafer cookies spread with chocolate.

Love Creme Brulee...but can't imagine it without the crusty top. That's the best part.

While our Tuscan Grill experience was quite lacking, they did serve pop-rock style candy in the middle of their creme brulee. That was a great experience.

I love CB too, but I don't love gaining lbs. during a cruise so I try seek out the best ones and only indulge a few times. I wish I could go for it more often!

Make sure you go to the MDR when they are open for lunch, one day for the dessert they had a banana creme brulee OMG so damn good!!!!! It was propbably the best dessert on the ship... The best was my dessert sampler in the Normandie droooooolllllll!

Archived