Barcelona Hotels

brouida

Hello Everyone,

We will be sailing on the NCL Jade, June 20-27, 2010. We plan to spend the night in Barcelona on the 19th and 27th are are looking for economical but sanitary accomendations while there. Any hotel, tours and restaurant suggestions from seasoned travelers will be greatly appreciated.

I highly recommend the Hotel Icaria Barcelona, is economical and it has a great breakfast, is not in Las Ramblas but it is near, why not give it a try???

Greetings!!

I highly recommend the Hotel Icaria Barcelona, is economical and it has a great breakfast, is not in Las Ramblas but it is near, why not give it a try???

Greetings!!

Thanks a lot! I will check it out! Have you stayed there?

Hi brouida,

Not sure if you've found a hotel, but if not, I suggest having a look on a booking site such as hotels.com to see what is available in the price range that you have in mind. Once you have a short list of hotels, have a look at reviews on Tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187497-Barcelona_Catalonia-Hotels.html

I'm also attaching the review for the hotel mentioned above: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d498018-Reviews-Icaria_Hotel_Barcelona-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

If you have questions about the location of the hotels that you are looking at, ask here ... e.g. the Icaria is close to the beach, but a good walk or taxi ride to Las Ramblas. On a short visit to Barcelona, being in the vicinity of Las Ramblas is a plus (in my view).

Good luck with your plans.:)

Hi brouida,

Not sure if you've found a hotel, but if not, I suggest having a look on a booking site such as hotels.com to see what is available in the price range that you have in mind. Once you have a short list of hotels, have a look at reviews on Tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187497-Barcelona_Catalonia-Hotels.html

I'm also attaching the review for the hotel mentioned above: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d498018-Reviews-Icaria_Hotel_Barcelona-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

If you have questions about the location of the hotels that you are looking at, ask here ... e.g. the Icaria is close to the beach, but a good walk or taxi ride to Las Ramblas. On a short visit to Barcelona, being in the vicinity of Las Ramblas is a plus (in my view).

Good luck with your plans.:)

Thanks for the info but we decided to book the Renaissance through NCL. I'm sure I could have gotten a better price but the rate also included transportation from hotel to pier and pier to hotel after cruise. Thanks again!

Do you mean the Renaissance at the airport???

IF YES--then you will be losing the opportunity to get to know a wonderful city!! Transportation from any hotel in the city to the pier will cost you about 30-40euro(or less)

Transportation from the airport to your hotel can be as easy as taking an express bus. It is not a good deal at all , and not just because of price.:(

The Renaissance does have free shuttle to/from airport and also free shuttle to the city and fee shuttle to the city as well. You can check the hotel website and it gives you a schedule and price. The price from hotel to cruise terminal is $10euro.

It is certainly up to you but staying at an airport hotel with a shuttle into town is not the same as staying IN the city.

10 euro per person for the shuttle can add up depending on how many are in your group. The express bus from the airport into the city is 7euro. Taxis in the city to the port can be as little as 10 euro for 3-4 people. I won't write any more because just thinking about staying at an airport makes me shiver.:eek:

I too am looking for a post cruise hotel in Barcelona and Madrid in May 2011. I know that now is a bit early but I do a lot of planning ahead. Just me. Anyway, I have reviewed Trip Advisor and there are a lot of hotels in or near the Las Ramblas area which is where I would prefer to stay. Any suggestions for that area? Free internet would be nice but free breakfast would be also but not necessary. Thanks!

Bill

We stayed at the hotel Olivia right at the top of Las Rambla and Plaza Cataluña http://www.oliviahotels.es/

Many recommend Hotel Jazz but they were booked so we did the Olivia, location couldn't be beat and many eating places including a Hard Rock right next door.

Enjoy

Hello Everyone,

We will be sailing on the NCL Jade, June 20-27, 2010. We plan to spend the night in Barcelona on the 19th and 27th are are looking for economical but sanitary accomendations while there. Any hotel, tours and restaurant suggestions from seasoned travelers will be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed at this hotel. I should have enough points for this come Sept. when we are in Barecolna a 2 day stay prior to cruise.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3183

I'm staying there in two weeks for a couple nights at the start of a land-based vacation in Spain, so I'll let you know. It has mixed reviews at TripAdvisor. I do know that it's out of the way of the main part of the city with a long walk into town or a mile walk to the metro, so you'll end up using the money you're saving on taxis. It was really worth it to us on our pre-cruise stay to be right in the heart of things - we're just doing the W this time because I just needed a place with a great rate at Hotwire with a pool that my girls can enjoy before we drive up the coast.

Best,

Mia

Archived