Summit Continental Deck

Editor

We had a similar cabin on her sister ship, Constellation. It is very central and had a large window with a small sofa by it. Much better than having the beds under the window as on most ships.

This is our second cruise. The first was on the Diamond Princess to the Mexican Riviera. We were about half way up and mid-ship. I'm kind of "freaked" about being so low.

My D and I will be on the June 27 sailing to Bermuda. I've booked us an outside cabin (2166). Can anyone comment on the location?

Thanks!

Ediitor.....I think you will be pleased with #2166. I always stay on that deck, usually a little further forward.

Being that low is no problem....you are on the right side too. The other side has the specialty restaurant above, so could potentially be a little noisy.

Yours being a summer cruise will eliminate the cold coming in next to #2160, which is sometimes used as an exit. The clang clang of the cards being scanned can also be annoying, but on my recent cruise to Bermuda, this exit was not used.

I always joke that I can see the fishes swimming by, but NOT true....you are well above sea level.

Also, your bed/s should be sideways, i.e. not under the window. I have learned to pick a cabin with just a 'square' in the deck diagram. Those cabins with upper bunks (some other symbols like diamonds in the diagram) have the bed under the window.

Hope this helps,

M.

Thanks Mabers! Your comments are very helpful. There are meeting rooms above our stateroom so it should be quiet. Hopefully they won't use the exit near 2160, but if they do, we should be up and about by the time it is being used.

As long as we are getting so specific, any comments on 2181/2185? We need connecting rooms with my kids. We are currently booked in those two rooms, but are there any better options for that same category room? We like low and back for lack of motion, but I am curious about whatever is next to our room in the big, open space on the deck plan.

We are doing the Southern Caribbean next winter so I probably still have time to change rooms if necessary.

As long as we are getting so specific, any comments on 2181/2185? We need connecting rooms with my kids. We are currently booked in those two rooms, but are there any better options for that same category room? We like low and back for lack of motion, but I am curious about whatever is next to our room in the big, open space on the deck plan.

We are doing the Southern Caribbean next winter so I probably still have time to change rooms if necessary.

Craig,

We are on the Summit June 6 and in rooms 2135 and 2139. I will let you know on our return how it is there and what the blank area on the deck plan is. If I forget be sure and ask me.

• 4 weeks later...

Craig, our room changed, but my kids were still down there. I walked to the end of the hall and saw it was a crew only area... I believe it was crew quarters. It was quiet when I was there. I don't think you will have a problem with that spot at all.

HTH

Craig, our room changed, but my kids were still down there. I walked to the end of the hall and saw it was a crew only area... I believe it was crew quarters. It was quiet when I was there. I don't think you will have a problem with that spot at all.

HTH

Lorie, Lorie, Lorie...I have been thinking about you:D I hope you

had a wonderful cruise:)

Hi,

I am booked on the Summit for a cruise in November in 2118. I think this cabin will be fine. It is only one deck below the lobby and two decks below the main public rooms. Last month, I cruised aboard the Solstice in a cabin on the bottom passenger deck. There was no problem.

Chuck

Lorie, Lorie, Lorie...I have been thinking about you:D I hope you

had a wonderful cruise:)

Lois..... I had a FABULOUS time. Just got back last night at midnight, so today has been crazy.... trying to put food in the house, get the dog. Oh yeah.... and start to try and lose all the weight I gained!! ha

I will come on soon and right a review, but I have nothing but positive, wonderful things to say about the Summit and Celebrity. It was all FANTASTIC!!

Lois..... I had a FABULOUS time. Just got back last night at midnight, so today has been crazy.... trying to put food in the house, get the dog. Oh yeah.... and start to try and lose all the weight I gained!! ha

I will come on soon and right a review, but I have nothing but positive, wonderful things to say about the Summit and Celebrity. It was all FANTASTIC!!

Lorie, so happy you had such a FANTASTIC time:):D:)

Archived