full or vacant  

39 members have voted

1. 1. full or vacant

• full
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • fewer

The Athens to Barcelona cruise I just finished had 257 guests aboard (87%). The day we were in Monte Carlo the Spirit was there, too. I overheard the cruise director say that the Spirit had about 350 guests aboard.

So with 33 votes so far, the average occupancy is very close to 90%. It appears no voyage shows below 70% occupancy. While this may not be the norm for mass market lines, it is not bad for an all inclusive luxury line, which does not depend on "on board spending" and tips for income. Any comment?

Dear friends:

Greetings live from the Spirit June 5-12, Venice-Athens.

We have about 350 passengers more or less.

However, I myself took advantage of one of those dirt cheap Venetian Value fares. There are also many employees onboard from Silversea USA headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, as well as a large contingent of travel agents.

So I don't think it is completely accurate for this poll to judge mere occupancy, but rather the type and circumstances of such occupancy.

On another note, I'd be happy to answer any questions, but I imagine we'll have to start another thread.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Dear friends:

Greetings live from the Spirit June 5-12, Venice-Athens.

We have about 350 passengers more or less.

However, I myself took advantage of one of those dirt cheap Venetian Value fares. There are also many employees onboard from Silversea USA headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, as well as a large contingent of travel agents.

So I don't think it is completely accurate for this poll to judge mere occupancy, but rather the type and circumstances of such occupancy.

On another note, I'd be happy to answer any questions, but I imagine we'll have to start another thread.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

The Silver Wind is full and has been booked solid since we booked in October. I believe that the reason is due both to the unusual itinerary in the Blsack Sea, as well as the strong interest Australians have in Gallipoli, our first port (Canakkale, Turkey.)

At the Venitian Society cocktail party on our cruise on Shadow from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles via the Panama Canal [Apr. 28 - May 13], David the cruise director announced that there were 315 passengers aboard [82%] of which half of them had cruised on Silversea before.

Archived