full or vacant  

39 members have voted

1. 1. full or vacant

• full
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • fewer

For those of you who sailed Silversea recently, are the ships full or vacant?

Have a couple of friends who were interested in taking a short notice cruise with Silversea and they said that all the near term cruises they were considering in the Med were wait-listed.

Dear friends:

The June sailings in the Med are empty. Silversea can't seem to give them away even for $2,200 per person.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Interesting...The post above states: "Have a couple of friends who were interested in taking a short notice cruise with Silversea and they said that all the near term cruises they were considering in the Med were wait-listed."

That really clears it up...Gunther and Uta seem to have an attitude and agenda on this board.....

Extraordinary savings on last-minute sailings offered exclusively to Venetian Society members.

DateVoyageDaysItineraryShipBest

Available FareSave

up to

28 May 2010101610Barcelona to London (Tilbury)Silver Cloud€2,44573%

3 Jun 201030147Vancouver to Seward (Anchorage)Silver Shadow€1,69573%

5 Jun 201050167Venice to Athens (Piraeus)Silver Spirit€1,84577%

That is the e-mail sent out by Silversea about two weeks ago.

They have about 60 cabins available on each of the sailings after my last call to them.

My wife and I snapped up one of the sailings.

By the way, 1,845 euros is about 2,200 dollars.

Your accusatory attitude is uncalled for but I accept your apology in advance.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Dear friends:

Sometimes I get the e-mails, and sometimes I don't. I think they are very erratic. I don't think they are generally just promoting these fares in Europe, because one of the sailing is an Alaska itinerary.

In any case, the fact that these specials exist and that they have so many cabins available does appear to negate the opinion on this thread that the sailings are full and even waitlisted.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

I wonder why I never receive those emails. I have signed up for them. Do you think they promote those fares mainly in the Euorpean market and not in the United States?

I receive the Venetian Value e-mails and do live in the United States, so I don't think that it's a geographical thing. Maybe there is a problem with the sign-up web site?

Interesting...The post above states: "Have a couple of friends who were interested in taking a short notice cruise with Silversea and they said that all the near term cruises they were considering in the Med were wait-listed."

That really clears it up...Gunther and Uta seem to have an attitude and agenda on this board.....

Sorry, my information was only partially correct - my friends were trying to book a Silver Suite rather than a regular suite.

Sorry, my information was only partially correct - my friends were trying to book a Silver Suite rather than a regular suite.

And the cruise my friends were trying to book was the 12 June sailing from Piraeus to Istanbul on Silver Spirit.

I wonder why I never receive those emails. I have signed up for them. Do you think they promote those fares mainly in the Euorpean market and not in the United States?

I never receive them either and I have also signed up many times on line and I have also e mailed Silversea about it asking to be put on the list.

On our recent Spirit TA cruise there was an outside consultant on board who, along with 2 Silversea employees (one being Joe Proto and the other Jennifer ? - I will have to look up her last name) ran focus groups about Silversea communications (Brochures, e mails, their website etc.) We were able to give a lot of input about what we liked and didn't like in content, frequency, medium, etc. I found it all very interesting. I brought up that I thought the paper mailing list was completely separate from the e mail list and that I seem to be on one but not the other even after asking. I asked if, perhaps, they were targeted outside the US but they confirmed that promotional e mails such as those mentioned in this thread had recently gone out in the United States but I never got them. (That would have been in April) They said they would look into it.

Patty

When I was aboard the (full) Wind in South Africa in February, I booked a cabin on the Prince Albert II for March 2011—the Cape Town to Senegal expedition. I was told that I had booked the last available cabin. Several Silversea reps have told me that the Prince Albert II is now their most popular vessel. An amusing postscript: In April I received the 2011 Voyage Atlas in the mail. The cover letter (“Dear Venetian Society Member…”) specifically lists that West Coast of Africa expedition as a 2011 highlight. It made me chuckle that they were promoting a sailing which was already sold out, but of course I understand it is highlighted in that letter for “public relations” purposes. One of the reasons I (slightly) prefer Silversea to Seabourn is because of Silversea’s creative itineraries.

Archived