Rotterdam picture after refit?

Tom O.

I cannot find a picture of the Rotterdam, since the refit. I am looking for an exterior shot of the whole ship. Even the HAL website has outdated photos taken before the refit. I would really appreciate it if someone could post a recent picture, or a link to a recent picture. Thanks.

I cannot find a picture of the Rotterdam, since the refit. I am looking for an exterior shot of the whole ship. Even the HAL website has outdated photos taken before the refit. I would really appreciate it if someone could post a recent picture, or a link to a recent picture. Thanks.

see also dutch by assoc. blog on main hal web site ....he just did short trip on rotty and posted many many pics ........and good pics too !

see also dutch by assoc. blog on main hal web site ....he just did short trip on rotty and posted many many pics ........and good pics too !

Thanks doncarlos!

I have my final installment coming up later tonight. I'm surprised I haven't burnt out blogger with all my uploads :D

My camera was on a funky setting without my noticing it though, so a lot of pictures almost have a halo coming off the lights. I'm back onboard the 29th for an event so I can retake a few that I'm not particularly pleased with :) I also want to get some from the Magnolia Bridge

PS - For anyone that hasn't seen my pics, the link is in my signature and it goes back through the last couple pages of posts. If scrolling down gets you to a dead end, click "older posts" and you can see everything from before that

From the outside her's is a far more pleasing end-reuslt

I actually like the lines on Rotterdam now more than I did before. She was always stuck somewhere between an S and R class in appearance.

And knowing that the new look is what gave me the Retreat to enjoy so much... Even better :D

I actually like the lines on Rotterdam now more than I did before. She was always stuck somewhere between an S and R class in appearance.

And knowing that the new look is what gave me the Retreat to enjoy so much... Even better :D

Better stand by!:eek:;)

Better stand by!:eek:;)

Trust me monkey man, I know that's not everyone's opinion and the 4 Star mariners are gonna come out of the woodwork for that one ;) But we all get our own opinions, and the Vista Class is also something that back in the day was a "What did you DO?!" but they get just as many LONG time Mariners as the older ships...

Trust me monkey man...

Orangutan! The orangutans are the only exclusively Asian living genus of great ape. They are among the most intelligent primates (aha!!!) and use a variety of sophisticated tools, also making sleeping nests each night from branches and foliage. They are generally not aggresive and live a mostly solitary life foraging for food. They are the largest living arboreal animals with longer arms than other great apes. Their hair is typically reddish-brown, instead of the brown or black hair typical of other great apes.

Native to Indonesia!!! (hence, the Holland America Line connection!!;)) and Malaysia, orangutans are currently found only in rain forrests on the islands of Borneo and Sumatra in Indonesia.

385px-Pongo_pygmaeus_%28orangutang%29.jpg

Orangutan! The orangutans are the only exclusively Asian living genus of great ape. They are among the most intelligent primates (aha!!!) and use a variety of sophisticated tools, also making sleeping nests each night from branches and foliage. They are generally not aggresive and live a mostly solitary life foraging for food. They are the largest living arboreal animals with longer arms than other great apes. Their hair is typically reddish-brown, instead of the brown or black hair typical of other great apes.

Native to Indonesia!!! (hence, the Holland America Line connection!!;)) and Malaysia, orangutans are currently found only in rain forrests on the islands of Borneo and Sumatra in Indonesia.

385px-Pongo_pygmaeus_%28orangutang%29.jpg

Wow- way too much time on your hands!!!:D:D:D

One thing I didn't notice about the Rotterdam until I actually got onboard was that the dining room windows on Deck 5 were all replaced to better fit with the new extended superstructure. They are vertical now, instead of slanted diagonally.

The Veendam's refit made her look ungainly; Rotterdam's refit actually gave her a more distinct personality, IMHO.

Thank you everybody for your help. On the HAL site, the deck plans do not match the provided ship photos. I always like to find my balcony on a photo before booking, and I was not able to do so. But thanks to my friends here on Cruise Critic, the problem was solved.

Archived