Input on Room Selection for Newbie Needed - HELP

New to Royal Caribbean...very excited. Booked Adventure of the Seas balcony cabin on the rounded part (hump) of the floor by the elevators...deck plans show it to be a very open area exposed to the elevators/stairs. We are very worried about the noise from the elevators and from traffic getting on and off the elevators.We could still pick a cabin further forward in the straight part of the floor with inside cabins directly across from us. How noisy is this area. Has anyone stayed in one of these balcony cabins? ....is it truly a wide open space right to the cabin doors?....or is there a curved kind of hallway/wall behind the elevators by our cabin? Please help, we have plenty of time to change to another good location further from the elevators if need be. Hope I made sense to the seasoned Royal cruisers. Thanks!!!

The deck plans are deceiving...the elevators/stairs are in their own foyer...they open to the INSIDE of the ship, not towards the cabins. There is NOT a noise issue, and you will love the convenience!

You made a great choice of location!

Thanks so much for your input.....I am much relieved that the elevators are in a "foyer" of their own and that the "hump" cabins are in a hallway of sorts (to cut down on noise and traffic from elevators/stairs). Thank you and I look very forward to cruising RCI.

Have a great time on your cruise. "Hump" cabins are oft sought after. (I'm an aft girl myself.) You have a great cabin on one of my favorite ships. (the only one I've cruised on twice)

What deck are you on? On Adventure (Explorer and Voyager), the balcony fronts are made of steel topped with glass. On the 6th deck, the steel comes up a little higher and is not topped with glass, so your view is a little bit more restricted. A higher deck is preferred for balconies on these ships.

Archived