Carnival Pride 4/17/2011 is now going to Bermuda not Bahamas!!!

Hi,

I booked last month the Pride to the Bahamas for 4/2011 and now the Carnival has changed their itinery to Bermuda. I was not emailed or called about the change is this normal???????????????

I don't know if I am too happy. The water in Bermuda will be quite chilly!!

Has anyone had a cruise that changed it's COMPLETE itinery before???

What is Bermuda like in April and what is there for kids to do........UGHHHHH

I think I am upset.

Help!!!! Make me feel better!!!!!!!!!

I've only been to bermuda 3 x in october when the water temps are perfect for swimming. I have heard april and even may that the water is chilly. BUT... Bermuda is so much prettier and friendlier than the Bahamas so it may not be as bad as you think. Go onto the bermuda link and check out more info.

Where ever you end up just have a great time.

Hi,

I booked last month the Pride to the Bahamas for 4/2011 and now the Carnival has changed their itinery to Bermuda. I was not emailed or called about the change is this normal???????????????

I don't know if I am too happy. The water in Bermuda will be quite chilly!!

Has anyone had a cruise that changed it's COMPLETE itinery before???

What is Bermuda like in April and what is there for kids to do........UGHHHHH

I think I am upset.

Help!!!! Make me feel better!!!!!!!!!

I agree that Carnival should have atleast contacted you about the change but wouldnt be disappointed with Bermuda at all.....Having been to the Bahamas several times, I wouldnt mind missing that port....just my .02

Hi,

If you booked with Carnival directly, "normally", they will give you an update on itinerary changes. If you booked with a TA, Carnival expects your TA to notify you of any changes.

And usually the taxes and fee's are much higher for Bermuda cruises than say caribbean sailings.....

It's my understanding that Bermuda charges cruise lines higher port charges than any other location in the world.

I'd love to go Bermuda - it was 40 years ago when I last went (when I was 5, so I barely remember it). But I don't know if I want to spend 2-3 days there. One of the main reasons I cruise is to see a variety of places. I'd like to do a cruise where Bermuda is one stop (I know there is a 9 day out of NY with a day stop in Bermuda).

I honeymooned in Bermuda way back when in late April. Temps were in the 70's low 80's and had a great time. I don't remember what the water temps were but the climate was perfect. Of course being April it could change on a dime.

Thanks for making me feel better!!!!

My cruise has gone up $60 per person sinced I booked April 27th. I literally got off the Pride on a Sunday and booked for next spring break on Monday.

I told my husband and he is thrilled about the change!!

I just hope that there is stuff for the kids and that it is not too expensive. I have never been to Bermuda so it should be great....I just thought it might be chilly.:)

Have a call into my TA..have been waiting for this itinerary to open up!! Pricing looks good right now..Carnival to Bermuda out of Baltimore on a Spirit class ship..7 days...sounds really good to me!!

We are going to book April 10..anyone have any ideas about spring break? Hoping it's the next week..the 17th..

Easter is late...April 17th. Spring Break for Upstate NY is the 17th-25th. I don't know about NYC,Long Island, and NJ they maybe the week before.

Hope for your sake they are earlier...that's why the price is so good for April 10th.... probably no school breaks!!

I am a school nurse so I need to go on the break:):)

Easter is the 24th of April next year (2011). Many public schools in the Washington DC (Fairfax, Loudon, Arlington, Prince William) area have Spring Break the week of 18 - 22 April. Baltimore County and Baltimore City are also out that week. The district is usually the week after Easter (I have not check that date though) as are many schools in Virginia south of metro DC (As an example Stafford). Private school breaks vary but are usually around Easter.

Bermuda is my favourite cruise port ever and having three days there is phenomenal! It is a beautiful island and completely safe everywhere. I don't even get off the ship when we sail to the Bahamas now but Bermuda? OMG this is a great upgrade in itineraries.

Check out the Bermuda CC board for many ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Off the top of my head for things to do with the kids without costing a fortune:

1) Buy the transit pass for 2 or 3 days (3 day was $28 two yrs ago). You get unlimited access to the bus system and the ferries and can tour the entire island and get basically anywhere you want to go.

2) Take the bus out to Grotto Bay Beach Resort and see the free caves or, pay the fee to see the Fantasy Caves. Very cool.

3) Spend time on the glorious beaches even if the water is too cool.

4) Take the ferry out to Georgetown and watch the free show with the town crier and then wander around the village.

5) Use your unlimited transportation passes to get back to the ship for dinner so you're feeding the kids with the food you already paid for rather than buying on the island. Very expensive especially if you've got the family along.

6) Go to snorkel park right at Dockside.

Again, check out the Bermuda board. There are a ton of great tips plus some locals that will help you out. You lucked out for sure!

Bermuda is my favourite cruise port ever and having three days there is phenomenal! It is a beautiful island and completely safe everywhere. I don't even get off the ship when we sail to the Bahamas now but Bermuda? OMG this is a great upgrade in itineraries.

Check out the Bermuda CC board for many ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Off the top of my head for things to do with the kids without costing a fortune:

1) Buy the transit pass for 2 or 3 days (3 day was $28 two yrs ago). You get unlimited access to the bus system and the ferries and can tour the entire island and get basically anywhere you want to go.

2) Take the bus out to Grotto Bay Beach Resort and see the free caves or, pay the fee to see the Fantasy Caves. Very cool.

3) Spend time on the glorious beaches even if the water is too cool.

4) Take the ferry out to Georgetown and watch the free show with the town crier and then wander around the village.

5) Use your unlimited transportation passes to get back to the ship for dinner so you're feeding the kids with the food you already paid for rather than buying on the island. Very expensive especially if you've got the family along.

6) Go to snorkel park right at Dockside.

Again, check out the Bermuda board. There are a ton of great tips plus some locals that will help you out. You lucked out for sure!

:)Thank you soooo much!!! I feel so much better!!!!:)

I just went on the Miracle to Bermuda last month. By far my best vacation. Bermuda is so great. People were friendly. When you get off the ship you are not hassled by locals. The temperature is great in April. It won't be too hot but not that cool either. It will be mid to high 70s. The water will definitely be chilly. I am a scuba diver and the temperatures were mid 60s which is 5 -7 mm wetsuit temperatures. I saw a lot of kids in the water. They don't care about the temperature apparently. You, however, may find it a bit cold. The water in the Bahama's during that time frame actually won't be that much warmer anyway. I live in S. Florida which is quite close to the Bahamas (60 miles away) and our temperatures get as low as 60 during the winter and doesn't really start warming up until May. So really the Bahamas wouldn't have warm water either. The sand in Bermuda is like sugar. Very clean. You will definitely like the beaches better here than in the Bahamas. Bermuda is definitely underrated. But I think I like it to be that way. It is an island completely unspoiled by visitors.

Easter is late...April 17th. Spring Break for Upstate NY is the 17th-25th. I don't know about NYC,Long Island, and NJ they maybe the week before.

Hope for your sake they are earlier...that's why the price is so good for April 10th.... probably no school breaks!!

I am a school nurse so I need to go on the break:):)

Most Long Island school district are off as of the 17th also - we have been looking at either the Pride to Bermuda, or the Victory out of SJ. Victory is still cheaper, and we are pretty much guarenteed good weather and warm water. Just need decent SJ air, and we will book.

Goodml, hj195...thanks for all the good info!! I'm amazed and excited about finally getting to go to Bermuda..all other cruise lines/ports/prices just have not worked out over the years.

My TA has already gotten back with me for pricing on the 04-10 sailing..they are better than I expected..and from where we are in NC - Baltimore is actually a few miles closer to us than Charleston..so a win all around:):)

Murphyarnold, Vavasmom...forgot to say..thanks for the info on dates for spring break..thinking we'll be okay going 04-10...not that we mind the kids though:):) Kids probably don't want to sail with all of us old folks:D

We're also on the 4/17 sailing and thrilled with the change. Although we booked originally knowing the ports would be PT Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport, we were not excited. Just wanted a drive to port for our spring break time frame in NVA. Our last one before college and didn't want another long drive to PT Canaveral or plan flights. Drive to Baltimore is just to attractive and we want to try a VS on the spirit class.

Bermuda is beautiful and love the area. So much nicer than the caribbean islands, no one bothering you, hawking things on the beach constantly, etc. But, not sure about water temp, assume that might be chilly, we've only been there before in August but I'll prefer the air temp if only in the 70's-80 and less humidity.

Murphyarnold, Vavasmom...forgot to say..thanks for the info on dates for spring break..thinking we'll be okay going 04-10...not that we mind the kids though:):) Kids probably don't want to sail with all of us old folks:D

When we were in line to get on the Pride this past April, I had an older couple:) question me why so many kids weren't in school? I told them Uptate NY and New England always have late spring breaks.. The faces on this couple.....oh my!! There were over 900 children:eek: on the ship!!!!! So I totally understand!!!! Remember that for future cruises;)!

When we were in line to get on the Pride this past April, I had an older couple question me why so many kids weren't in school? I told them Uptate NY and New England always have late spring breaks.. The faces on this couple.....oh my!! There were over 900 children on the ship!!!!! So I totally understand!!!! Remember that for future cruises!

Way funny:):):) Think we're finally booked..Veranda deck:D Cannot wait:)

Archived