Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

[quote name='oldrailfan']APDMOM - I'll be on this cruise...

This one too! B2B. We'll have the Starboard-most aft facing balcony on Empress Deck for both cruises.[/QUOTE]

APDMOM - Still on both cruises, but we'll be in the portside Owner's Suite for the first one...

[quote name='oldrailfan']APDMOM - Still on both cruises, but we'll be in the portside Owner's Suite for the first one...[/QUOTE]

Nice! We have had beautiful weather the past few days, so it should be a good day for pics. E-mail me your cabin number if you want - so that I can zoom in on the balcony some. [email]APDMOM@live.com[/email]

"See" you tomorrow :)

I posted a reply 2 days ago on one of your posts (we struck Gold on the Fascination) and now I can't refind that post.
I loved all those pictures you posted there. I copied most of those fotos on my IPad. I will be on the Fascination on May 10th. I live in Gainesville,Fl. For the last 5 and a half years. I am not familiar with Jacksonville even though I live only 60 miles away. I don't drive(never have) even though I am in my 60's.
Will be staying one nite before the cruise at the Hyatt.
After my next cruise in Nov. out of San Juan, PR on the Carnival Conquest I will be a Carnival diamond member.

I am not too good on my IPad so will probably have trouble finding this site again on cruise critic. If you reply to me, which I hope you will, it would probablybe best to use my email which is [email]e.lewey@me.com[/email]
Thanks
Woody(catskill2843)

Woody, if you click on your username the dropdown menu allows you to find your previous posts, thus you can locate that 'missing' thread.

APDMOM...just a reminder about Crystal Symphony coming into JAX on Nov. 8, 8a-5p. Sadly I won't be on her...She has great bridgecams...EM

TrapperJeff......you or the gang may be able to help.

I don't think I've ever had to do so much homework on finding the most reliable transportation from an airport area hotel to a cruise terminal.

We are staying at the Wingate North Jacksonville after flying in the evening before our cruise. The hotel was not helpful on what I would think is a routine circumstance. Cruise Critic offered limited solutions tied to "some" hotel cruise package plans.

My Question: Do I take a cab (two of us) from the hotel to JaxPort? Do we catch the free Wingate Hotel shuttle back to JAX, and then grab a taxi/shuttle to JaxPort? Is there a shuttle at JAX that runs vans to JaxPort that I can make reservations? Are Gator Taxi and Super Shuttle the only options for transport?

$25 each way for two of us looks good, but at this point, I cannot confirm this option.

Thanks! Mark

[quote name='TrapperJeff']APDMOM I will be cruising on the 5th of December. This is my platinum cruise would love to get a pic from your dock. where do you live my dad is out by the Ferry on shad creek and I kayak fish the river thanks Jeff[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Hi Jeff, Sorry I just now got back to you. Ha-ha! I wish it were "my dock"! We actually just like going to the river in Mayport - to that beach before you get to the coast guard. We live about 10 mins away. I have added you to my schedule. Hopefully, it will not be too dark for pics... [/SIZE]

[quote name='Essiesmom']Woody, if you click on your username the dropdown menu allows you to find your previous posts, thus you can locate that 'missing' thread.

APDMOM...just a reminder about Crystal Symphony coming into JAX on Nov. 8, 8a-5p. Sadly I won't be on her...She has great bridgecams...EM[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder! I have it on my calendar. Hopefully I can make it! :)

[quote name='oldrailfan']APDMOM - Still on both cruises, but we'll be in the portside Owner's Suite for the first one...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Hi oldrailfan! Hope you are enjoying your B2B! We were able to take pics on Monday & posted them on that roll call. Unfortunately, the ship was too late today. We could not wait past 5:45 pm. We only saw the whale tail far off by the time we had to leave. [/SIZE]

[quote name='APDMOM'][SIZE="3"]Hi oldrailfan! Hope you are enjoying your B2B! We were able to take pics on Monday & posted them on that roll call. Unfortunately, the ship was too late today. We could not wait past 5:45 pm. We only saw the whale tail far off by the time we had to leave. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Not sure why, but we didn't get away from the pier until after 5:00 PM, then we steamed upriver to that natural basin near Zoo Drive and took forever to turn around.
We're thinking of staying in JAX tomorrow and driving out to "your" beach to get our own pics of the ship leaving.

[quote name='oldrailfan']Not sure why, but we didn't get away from the pier until after 5:00 PM, then we steamed upriver to that natural basin near Zoo Drive and took forever to turn around.
We're thinking of staying in JAX tomorrow and driving out to "your" beach to get our own pics of the ship leaving.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Did you end up going to take pics? We had a very busy Thursday, so we were unable to go. [/SIZE]

[quote name='APDMOM'][SIZE="3"]Did you end up going to take pics? We had a very busy Thursday, so we were unable to go. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

We started home, then got a call from another passenger that we had taken the wrong bag... we caught up with them in Georgia and gave them theirs, only to find out that port security wouldn't let them take ours for a trade. We went back to the port and by time we got there, it was right in the middle of the boarding traffic-jam. We finally got our bag and were out of there about 1 PM, so we decided to stay over. Got checked into a motel, laid down to take a quick nap, and woke up at 6! :eek:

Long story made short - NO! Darn it! :(

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]APDMOM-you know our roll call on 10/28 would love a pic! I am going to have to go through the 26 pages here and find the last one you took when i was on it and make it my screen saver. We are heading up to the Sanddollar for dinner on Sunday the 17th, I read the old owners have it back and the quality ahs gone back up-what have you heard? thanks, marshhawk[/FONT]

[quote name='oldrailfan']We started home, then got a call from another passenger that we had taken the wrong bag... we caught up with them in Georgia and gave them theirs, only to find out that port security wouldn't let them take ours for a trade. We went back to the port and by time we got there, it was right in the middle of the boarding traffic-jam. We finally got our bag and were out of there about 1 PM, so we decided to stay over. Got checked into a motel, laid down to take a quick nap, and woke up at 6! :eek:

Long story made short - NO! Darn it! :([/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Oh no! That must have been a hassle! I'm glad you found it. There will just have to be a next time for pictures! :D[/SIZE]

[quote name='marshhawk'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]APDMOM-you know our roll call on 10/28 would love a pic! I am going to have to go through the 26 pages here and find the last one you took when i was on it and make it my screen saver. We are heading up to the Sanddollar for dinner on Sunday the 17th, I read the old owners have it back and the quality ahs gone back up-what have you heard? thanks, marshhawk[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Hi marshhawk! I've got you down. I have not heard anything about the Sanddollar - I just know that they are open again since the fire repairs are completed. I can ask friends on Facebook and will report back... :)[/SIZE]

Since there seem to be a few J'ville folks on this thread, I'm wondering if you could tell me anything about Park EZ Fly Jaxport? It's a $4.99 a day parking lot about 3 miles from the port. I was originally going to park at the $8.00 lot just next to the port, but learned on CC that it has been shut down.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

[quote name='APDMOM'][SIZE=3]Hi marshhawk! I've got you down. I have not heard anything about the Sanddollar - I just know that they are open again since the fire repairs are completed. I can ask friends on Facebook and will report back... :)[/SIZE][/quote]

Thanks! And a big hug!

[quote name='marshhawk'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Found it! Thank you so much for doing this for everyone![/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Great! After three and a half years, I am still not getting tired of it! I even wish more ships would come our way :)

"See" you at the end of the month![/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='oldrailfan']APDMOM: Just a reminder - Monday the 11th. I know it's a school day, but if you can make it...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Thanks to all our veterans, I am actually off that day. We will be there if the weather cooperates :)

That beach is usually pretty crowded on Veterans day, but we will find you. :D[/SIZE]

[quote name='daniella1279']APDMOM~ has anyone asked you to get a photo of the ship on 11/7?

Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Not yet, but I have added you. Enjoy your final countdown :) [/SIZE]