Anyone ever used Spanish Trails for a tour in Barcelona?

jgobey

I have just read a great trip report on Trip Advisor that describes 2 tours taken with Spanish Trails. They sound great!

I have been thinking of using them for a trip into the countryside. I don't think I'd bother with a tour of the city of Barcelona as it is really easy to do it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
I need a decent one day tour of Barcelona. Anyone ever used this company? How was it, and can you recommend them?

Thanks!

Have booked them for a trip to Girona from Barcelona this summer...their Trip Advisor reports are FANTASTIC...so I'm very much looking forward to using them!

Have booked them for a trip to Girona from Barcelona this summer...their Trip Advisor reports are FANTASTIC...so I'm very much looking forward to using them!
And those Trip Advisor reports are richly deserved! We recently returned from a transAtlantic cruise which ended in Barcelona & we hired Spanish Trails for a post-cruise “2-day escape”. Using Girona as our base, we visited Figueres, Girona & the coastal towns of the Costa Brava, as well as the medieval villages of the Spanish Pyrenees. Awesome.

Spanish Trails is the real deal - a small company owned by an American couple with well-established contacts in the travel industry in Spain. We set everything up in advance by e-mail with Tracy. She was thorough & meticulous in fine-tuning our itinerary. Our guide for both days was Charles, who turned out to be the consummate tour leader – confident, easy-going & a ton of fun! Best of all, he was obviously well known & well liked by locals which enabled us to have some special experiences along the route.

We loved Spanish Trails & plan on doing their Montserrat with winery tour the next time we’re in Barcelona.

To the OP: I think Spanish Trails is more focused on day/multi-day tours outside Barcelona, although they certainly would have the capability to do city tours.

Thanks for the info - this was exactly what I was looking for today. Just this morning, I found the Montserrat and winery tour that they provide and we are thinking of booking it for our trip to Barcelona in November. Its good to know they are a reliable company.

And those Trip Advisor reports are richly deserved! We recently returned from a transAtlantic cruise which ended in Barcelona & we hired Spanish Trails for a post-cruise “2-day escape”. Using Girona as our base, we visited Figueres, Girona & the coastal towns of the Costa Brava, as well as the medieval villages of the Spanish Pyrenees. Awesome.

This is also just what I have been looking for. So far, every private tour I have found from Barcelona has been outrageously expensive (e.g., 900 - 1200 euros for 8 hours!!). At least from their website, it appears that Spanish Trails is much more reasonable. I will have our travel agent check them out. Thank you!!

MightyQuinn, if you could only go to one of either Costa Brava/Girona or the Pyrenees, which would you choose?

MightyQuinn, if you could only go to one of either Costa Brava/Girona or the Pyrenees, which would you choose?
Tough choice Jassy! Girona & Costa Brava gives you more of a cultural experience, from the wacky Dali Museum in Figueres, to the old Roman Walls, Gothic Cathedral & Jewish Quarter of Girona, to the sleepy white-washed fishing villages of Calella de Palafrugell or the wide expanse of beaches in Llafranc. The pride of Catalunya at its best.

Spanish Pyrenees is more about rugged beauty & breathtaking scenery. We hiked for several hours before settling into a 200-year old restaurant in Rupit for an amazing Catalan meal with wine. En route, there are cobble-stoned medieval villages like Besalu & Vic waiting to be explored, but it really is all about the great outdoors. Meandering paths, huge rock faces, cascading waterfalls, expansive vistas, wild flowers galore.

But if I had to choose, I think I'd opt for Girona & Costa Brava. It offers great diversity & easy accessibility that will appeal to many. I highly recommend seeing this thru the intuitive eyes of Spanish Trails.

Archived