Digital Photos from ship photographer

Does anyone know if the photos taken by the ship photographers are available for purchase in digital format? Last year on NCL we were able to do this and it worked out well for us since we were able to the print the pictures in the size we needed.

On HAL, they had a package where you could buy all the photos taken during your cruise on a disk...But you didn't get any prints. The price was $99. I noticed at the end of the cruise that the price was more, and asked about it, and they said they actually weren't using disks, but a USB drive. Not sure if that would include everything if you had a formal sitting. John Heald keeps hinting at changes in the photo shop offerings, something is being tried on Dream, but no info yet. EM

Does anyone know if the photos taken by the ship photographers are available for purchase in digital format? Last year on NCL we were able to do this and it worked out well for us since we were able to the print the pictures in the size we needed.

We did the same on NCL. We purchased 3 pictures on a CD that we were able to print from home and make holiday cards from. We loved this! We sure hope CCL offers this.

I'd love to know this answer.

i HAVE ALWAYS SAID THEY SHOUD DO A PHOTO SLIDE SHOW OR SOMETHING AND STOP PRINTING OUT THE PICTURES. lOOK HOW MUCH THEY WOULD SAVE IN PAPER AND INK. Sorry about the caps! People might buy more this way than standing and searching through the crowds for their pictures.

I have bought the digital images on Carnival cruises, but they were only available to purchase if I first bought the print version. I believe the additional cost for the digital image was about $10

thanks for the info. however, i think carnival needs to come up with a digital only purchase option. what's the point if i have to buy the paper picture first? the whole idea is that i dont want the paper picture.

Unlike a previous poster I'm not sure how they would coordinate that digital collection. From the various cruises I've been on there seemed to be no systematic linking of pictures to cruisers or offering a digital package beyond their wedding packages I saw.

Unless what they now offer is for you to bring a collection of prints on dispaly to the photo center and that each print has a unique ID on the back for them to build a disk.

Sounds like a great revenue generator. I've never been willing in this digital age to purchase more than one formal picture and just use my personal camera for all the other ones. But for a bit more might be willing to part for more $ all the other silly pictures from disembarkation etc. You'd think the cruiseline would have this all figured out to get more $ out of their photos, are they already know they wont' sell more for the trouble.

Hmmm, maybe they could do something similiar to the Photo Pass at Walt Disney World. You hand them your pass and your pictures are linked by the number. Since we have Sign and Sail ID numbers, it should be easy to use the bar code for photos. With the Disney Photo Pass, you have so many days after you return home to access your images, order what you want. It's a process that works well.

The Disney Cruise Line does the PhotoPass, too, from what I hear. It'd be handy if other cruiselines did it, too! I've done it at Disney World a couple times, although the quality of their photos has gone in the toilet (fairly good snapshots the first time I did it, horrible snapshots the second time - they didn't even know how to focus correctly so the background was in focus and the ppl were blurred in a lot of the photos!).

When we did the dolphin encounter in Nassau this year they did something similar to the photo pass. It really would not be that difficult for Carnival to do something similar with the S&S cards. Also, I think it would definitely relieve some of the chaos on the last night with folks trying to find their photos.

Aside from the masses all trying to find their own photos, the photos are all over the place. Here's embarkation, over here is the 1st port, back here is the first formals, here is port #2... Toss in the people who insist on bringing ALL the kids into the photo area (and the kids thumbing thru all the pics not really knowing what they are looking for) and it really is just poorly organized.

Just got off the SPIRIT and they didn't have anything yet. I would love for them to and I would probably buy more that way. I bought the onboard photo and one sail away(1- 8x10, 1 5x7 $35.00), really don't like the process of sitting there looking for all the pics. I looked a couple of times but then said :"what the Heck" and left. We took over 2,000 pics on our own!

thanks for the info. however, i think carnival needs to come up with a digital only purchase option. what's the point if i have to buy the paper picture first? the whole idea is that i dont want the paper picture.

Maybye it's just me. But I don't always buy all they make. It's like 'buying a pig in a poke' (bag) :rolleyes: if you don't see the pics first.

Luv's Crusin' :)

Maybye it's just me. But I don't always buy all they make. It's like 'buying a pig in a poke' (bag) :rolleyes: if you don't see the pics first.

Luv's Crusin' :)

You don't have to pre-purchase Disney's PhotoPass CD' date=' although that is an option. You can purchase the PhotoPass CD after your trip after you see all the photos on the PhotoPass Web site (where you also have the opportunity to buy individual prints, individual digital file downloads, and products from T-shirts to mugs to DVDs with your photo[s'] on/in them). And before you order anything, you get to put neat/cute little borders on your photos (if you wish) and crop them however you want and all. It is a really nice system!

Archived