Dream 9474, sofa? and other questions...

nmyorkiemom

I have searched and have found conflicting answers to this one. DH, DD18 & I have 9474 booked for 7/31 and DD18 is wondering if it has the convertible sofa or if it is going to be a rollaway. I'm not sure there would be much walking room with a rollaway. And my PVP said one thing, then another. Seems they don't know for sure.

Also, can anyone recommend a taxi company to get from the Radisson to the Port? Traveling with others & they prefer not to have the wait for the crowded shuttle.

Thanks!

Ljp, in 9481 & 9477, was it just a regular sofa or the longer convertible sofa bed? According to Carnival's deck plans, those 2 do not have a sofa bed. 9479 is listed as having one.

To the OP, 9474 is not listed as having a sofa bed on the deck plans. However, if "Ljp" had sofa beds in those 2 rooms, maybe they have added them, and just haven't updated their deck plans yet. Does anyone know if the Dream even has rollaway beds available?

As far as the taxi goes from the Radisson, just having the front desk call you a regular cab should work fine. It's a very short drive. But I encourage you to not give up on using their shuttle. Even if you have a late time scheduled, try to sneak into an earlier one. They can always put more people on than what they schedule. Shhh! It's a secret!;) We actually did have a 10:30 scheduled, but we missed that shuttle, since we showed up at 10:20. It left 5 minutes ago. They put us right on the next one, that left at 10:30. Plenty of room for us and other walk-ups. It was very simple and easy. No stress at all with the process. And that hotel is awesome!

As far as I know Dream has NO rollaways (only older ships), so not sure why they bother saying RAB = 0, we know that right?

9474 8N OST3 185/60 = 245 sq ft

Beds twin/king-1 sofabed / rab: 0

View window and aft-view extended balcony Balcony partition connects to: 9476

Bathroom shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Radisson, when you book you can also book your time on their free shuttle. Don't wait too long to book their shuttle. The earliest time goes fast. Don't wait until you get there. Radisson has their own shuttle. I think the earliest for the RCL ship was at 11 am, not sure about for the Dream.

I'm assuming you are asking about the Radisson at Port Canveral.

They will also pick you up after your cruise. We did self disembarkation and got off way too early and had to wait almost a hour for their shuttle to arrive. Take your time a little getting off the ship. I think 8:30 am was the earliest they started the shuttle after the cruise and we were off the ship around 7:30 am.

Hi...my parents stayed in 9474 and I stayed in 9476 on the Dream in February. Both rooms had a sofa. At night the pillows are removed from the sofa and it is made up as a bed...no extra floor space is used. I would keep the room...my parents loved it. The balcony is about 50% larger than the aft balconies next to it and the location was great. The only negative was some noise at night from up above....I was so tired I would hear it and fall back to sleep. The confusion on deck plans may be that when I sailed 9474 was only for 2 people. Now it shows it as allowing 3 people. I know because I heard about the larger balcony and wanted it for myself but had 3 in our cabin!

Here is a pic of my fathers balcony.

232323232%7Ffp%3A93%3Enu%3D3377%3E25%3A%3E355%3EWSNRCG%3D335663%3C44%3B339nu0mrj

If you look through my review you may find more pics.

paperclip.gif Carnival Dream 2/20/10 Attempt at a Review!! (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

9474 only sleeps two people = were you able to book this cabin for 3 people?

I agree with Fire-- no rollaways on this class of ship.

Cabins that hold 2 people do have a sofa- they are smaller then a regular sofa- the backs come off of some but not all

9474 only sleeps two people = were you able to book this cabin for 3 people?

I agree with Fire-- no rollaways on this class of ship.

Cabins that hold 2 people do have a sofa- they are smaller then a regular sofa- the backs come off of some but not all

What I showed above says 3 people, twins plus the convertible sofa

Beds twin/king-1 sofabed / rab: 0

As stated above there are pillows on the sofa bed during the day they thew on the floor for our cabin (we had a very lousy cabin steward that time though)..

serene what I copied was from the TA site.

Archived