Questions for the 'drink/coffee card'

mlhuangcruise

Please bear with me. It is my first-time cruise trip and my questions may seem to so stupid to many of you.....

I heard some kind of drink/coffee card that you have to purchase on-board in order to enjoy soft drink and specialty coffee.

Question 1: if we dine at the Main dining room (Traditional Dining option) and want to order Mocha after dinner, do we have to have that coffee card? or that Mocha is free of charge?

Question 2: do we have to purchase the card individually? or it can be shared (among our family members)?

Thanks!

You do not have to purchase the coffee card. If you want a mocha in the dining room they would charge your shipboard account if you did not have the card.

As far as I know, you could share the card. They actually punch the card every time you order a specialty coffee, and I don't think they care who holds the card when they punch it. (edited to add: that last remark isn't supposed to be snippy, but it sure sounded that way when I read it back, lol).

We love the coffee card---you didn't say what ship you are going on. but if it is one with the International Cafe' they have such great coffee drinks and much better brewed coffee than the coffee in the dining room or buffets (in my opinion). Yes, it can be shared for specialty coffees, and the card entitles you to free brewed coffee.

You can use the coffee card in the MDR for specialty coffees and you can share the card. Fresh brewed coffee in the MDR with the card or without is "iffy". If you are in the deck 5 MDR you might persuade the waiter (with a small tip) to get it for you.

Coke cards are separate and are charged on a price per day for the entire cruise. This is for fountain drinks only, not cans.

Thanks for the information.

I saw from other threads that the Soda card is a sticker and is calculated by day? So, is it sharable? or it's pp/per day?

It's per person. Ethically you should buy a sticker for each. It is placed on your cruise card.

Recently did Ruby transatlantic. Syrup coffee bad so purchased card mainly for regular coffees. Shared with a friend. We were told we could not use card together so one got their coffee in atruim- gave card to the other person who went up separately. Sounds stupid but worked for us. We used our stainless small thermos. Cost was $27 for 14 or 15 special coffees as I recall. No punches for basic coffee. Expresso/caps were not very good.But thoroughly enjoyed the atrium coffee area in a beautiful Italianate mode.

The soda card is a per day charge and it's a sticker placed on your cruise card, show it to the bartender/waiter and you're all set (except at Princess Cays where you have to pay). The sticker is per person as it is associated to that card holder.

The Coffe Card is,well, a card, that gets punched when you order a specialty coffee (think yummy). You can get as many fresh brewed coffees as you want, as long as there is at least one specialty coffee punch unused on the card. You can certainly share it.

Have a great cruise..

Recently did Ruby transatlantic. Syrup coffee bad so purchased card mainly for regular coffees. Shared with a friend. We were told we could not use card together so one got their coffee in atruim- gave card to the other person who went up separately. Sounds stupid but worked for us. We used our stainless small thermos. Cost was $27 for 14 or 15 special coffees as I recall. No punches for basic coffee. Expresso/caps were not very good.But thoroughly enjoyed the atrium coffee area in a beautiful Italianate mode.

That kind of sux. My husband and I are planning to share a coffee card because there is no way one of us want to consume 2 specialty coffees a day for 7 days. Maybe it depends on the barista? We shall see.

That kind of sux. My husband and I are planning to share a coffee card because there is no way one of us want to consume 2 specialty coffees a day for 7 days. Maybe it depends on the barista? We shall see.

I am a newbie, too. From what everyone has said on MANY threads. You can share the punches, since it is a finite # of coffee drinks. You could if you want I think, treat a whole table of buddies for the specialty ones, until you are punched out or so caffeinated you strip and run screaming down the hallway. :D The NOT sharing part of the coffee card is for the fresh brewed type of coffee. That is supposed to be brewed and provided for one person holding the card as long as there is one punch left. But there are many people that post about ways to get around that, same as with the soda card. It's how your mamma raised you on how you handle those.

My question is, How about iced coffee, is that a "punchable" specialty? Flavored iced available? I'm on Diamond if it makes a difference.

Thanks!

Please bear with me. It is my first-time cruise trip and my questions may seem to so stupid to many of you.....

I heard some kind of drink/coffee card that you have to purchase on-board in order to enjoy soft drink and specialty coffee.

Question 1: if we dine at the Main dining room (Traditional Dining option) and want to order Mocha after dinner, do we have to have that coffee card? or that Mocha is free of charge?

Question 2: do we have to purchase the card individually? or it can be shared (among our family members)?

Thanks!

Just got off of the Golden last Saturday, I bought both the coffee card and ultimate drink card. The coffee card was well worth the cost, used it for brewed coffee for me and latte for my wife. Coffee was much better at the coffee bar than the dining room.

I drink a lot of coke, the soda sticker, in my opinion, was not a good buy. The coke always seemed to be flat and was served in a small glass, so you either had to carry the insulated cup around with you or go back to refill a lot. I got 1 milkshake, just because I had the card, but I was always to full from the meals to drink one. Hot chocolate was the pre package mixed with water, Swiss Miss or similar.

Just to clarify.

Yes -- with one card one can order as many specialty coffees as one likes at the same time so long as one has that many unpunched slots. Also it is Ok to order one specialty and one brewed coffee (no punch for brewed coffee) at the same time.

What is not encouraged is ordering 2 brewed coffees at the same time with one coffee card.

You can share when using punches for specialty coffees. When getting unlimited regular brewed coffee which does not require a punch is when it is not ethical to share.

Friend gave me a coupon book that has a "buy 1 Get 1 Free Coffee Card.

I have never bought one before, but thinking of it on my July CB cruise.

Can you tell me exactly how this works.

Which "Specialty" coffees are included?

If a waiter pours me a cup of coffee how do I know it's "Fresh Brewed" instead of the regular stuff they serve?

You could if you want I think, treat a whole table of buddies for the specialty ones, until you are punched out or so caffeinated you strip and run screaming down the hallway. :D

LOL!! That's would be fun to watch for on those long Sea Days!

We've never gotten the coffee card but we have purchased many cups of specialty coffees - on our next cruise we get the Coupon Book with the BOGO coffee card and will definitely get one then.

Important documents...used it last year for my brewed coffe. Did not feel like walking to buffet to get my husband tea (same tea in buffet). They charged a punch out of my card...but I read somewhere Blue Mountain coffee is available for a punch- so I might upgrade from brewed and use some of my 14 left punches on the CB next month.

Friend gave me a coupon book that has a "buy 1 Get 1 Free Coffee Card.

I have never bought one before' date=' but thinking of it on my July CB cruise.

Can you tell me exactly how this works.

Which "Specialty" coffees are included?

All of them! cappuccinos, lattes, mochas, frozen coffee drinks, deluxe tea drinks.

If a waiter pours me a cup of coffee how do I know it's "Fresh Brewed" instead of the regular stuff they serve?

You don't but it probably is the syrup coffee, which personally we don't mind. We did not have an issue at dinner since we always ordered a speciality coffee after dinner.

Have a great cruise and the 2 for 1 is a great value!

I had a 2-for-1 coupon. Bought both cards (paid around $27). My husband used one for brewed--no punches-- and I used the other for expresson based drinks.

When I got to 13 punches on my card, we switched!

He still got brewed and I had more lattes!

Best deal on board!!!:)

I keep the cards with my travel journal... as I know there will always be a next time!

we are booked on a sept cruise. one of the perks was a coupon book to be delivered to our room when we board. I had no idea what was in this coupon book but reading this thread, it may be the same one offered in the past. Is it a sure thing that the books always have a BOGO on the coffee cards. I have already preordered 2 coffee cards which have been paid for. can I call Princess and get a refund on them? I will just buy them when we board and get one free.

There are two types of coupon books. One is the coupon book that everyone gets. I have never been able to use any of those coupons.

The second one is a coupon book that is a gift from TAs. This is the book that has the BOGO coffee card, as well as a couple of other hot coupons.

Just wanted to clarify before you attempt to cancel your purchase. Just an FYI!:)

There are two types of coupon books. One is the coupon book that everyone gets. I have never been able to use any of those coupons.

The second one is a coupon book that is a gift from TAs. This is the book that has the BOGO coffee card, as well as a couple of other hot coupons.

Just wanted to clarify before you attempt to cancel your purchase. Just an FYI!:)

oh...I see, maybe we have the one from Princess. thanks for the info. I may call the TA we're using and ask her. It was being offered only for a limited time as an added "bonus" for booking during that time. They claim it is worth $350.00. Is this the same coupon book that you say everyone gets? If I go online now to book the cruise, it's not being offered anymore.

oh...I see, maybe we have the one from Princess. thanks for the info. I may call the TA we're using and ask her. It was being offered only for a limited time as an added "bonus" for booking during that time. They claim it is worth $350.00. Is this the same coupon book that you say everyone gets? If I go online now to book the cruise, it's not being offered anymore.

sorry, Princess says it's worth $325.00, not $350.00. Now I think that I have the good coupon book but I'm going to ask my TA what's inside. Maybe she knows...

Just off Coral Princess in Alaska as of May 29. My friend bought her and I the Ultimate Drink Card - hubbies did not want one. Was it worth the $9 per day...I think so.

I had many hot chocolates (best from Patisserie) in a nice glass mug with whipped cream on top, many virgin pina coladas and other fruity virgin drinks, malt and sodas. Never had to pay just would show them my card. The one time hubby and I each ordered a malt they never charged for his.

I dont drink coffee so I am not sure if you could order specialty coffees with this card.

Important documents...used it last year for my brewed coffe. Did not feel like walking to buffet to get my husband tea (same tea in buffet). They charged a punch out of my card...but I read somewhere Blue Mountain coffee is available for a punch- so I might upgrade from brewed and use some of my 14 left punches on the CB next month.

Blue Mountain is not used for brewed coffee. It is used for specialty coffees only. I love Blue Mountain but have not been able to get it as brewed coffee, even with a card punch, on three ships.

Their brewed coffee is more like Starbucks coffee IMHO.

Archived