Princess transfer from Anchorage to Whittier

paradiselivin1

I will be dropping off my rental car at the airport in Anchorage the morning of my cruise from Whittier. We have opted to use the transfers provided by Princess and wonder if any one knows how I connect with Princess at the airport to take advantage of the transfer to Whittier. I am a bit concerned about timing as I have us signed up for the PWS glacier cruise at 1:30 p.m. and don't want to be late!

I don't think Princess has any buses into Whittier earlier for you. You would probably have to get in line at the Egan Center and wait for your number to be called for a bus. 1st come - 1st on a bus. They start leaving around 1pm.

You may want to use Avis for a car rental and drop it off in Whittier, big drop fee. Or take the 10am Whittier train from the Downtown Railroad Depot. The ARR porters will take your luggage, if there's ship tags on it, they will put it on the Princess Truck and your luggage magically appears at your stateroom. The train gets into Whittier around 12:15pm-12:30pm.

Thanks. I thought I remembered seeing something that suggested a later start than I wanted and also something that talked about Egan but when I called Princess on another issue & asked about the transfer was told that someone would meet me at the airport. The problem with all of these posts is that if it's not a topic you're looking for at the moment you may not remember what was posted & then can't find it again when searching. I've started saving off notes like other people do which is beginning to make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, my TA has gone MIA... :eek: Thanks!

The problem with all of these posts is that if it's not a topic you're looking for at the moment you may not remember what was posted & then can't find it again when searching. I've started saving off notes like other people do which is beginning to make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, my TA has gone MIA... :eek: Thanks!

If you post "I am looking for the same answer or ask any question" to any thread, if you go below Submit Reply, you will find Notification Type change No Email Notification to Instant Email Notication, when someone has replied to that post you will be get a email.

You could meet with Princess at the Airport, but if it is early they will shuttle you to the Egan Center. I think they start leaving from the Airport around 2pm and when they fill a bus.

Thanks. Did try to contact the airport last night to see if I could connect with a Princess counter there but it was too late & ended up sending an e-mail. I guess it makes sense that they don't start the shuttles earlier since the cruise leaves so late in the day. I know there are several solutions for getting there earlier & will probably cancel that transfer & find another solution. Plenty of time to plan.

If you post "I am looking for the same answer or ask any question" to any thread, if you go below Submit Reply, you will find Notification Type change No Email Notification to Instant Email Notication, when someone has replied to that post you will be get a email.
I understand the context but not the mechanics. I like the idea of actually getting an e-mail and will research this a bit further. Thanks for the "heads-up".

The train to Whittier is a great way to get to there. The docks for the PWS tours are within walking distance and you do not have to worry about the tunnel times. Unfortunately you would have the extra expense of getting to the train depot downtown.

We took the train to our 26 Glacier PWS excursion and loved it!:)

Archived