Please tell me this was a joke...

Ashpalo

So, I'm reading John's Blog today and come across this...

Big Foot Cruiser Asked:

John Reply Please:

Me and the wife just got of the Sensation boat and we had a good time. During the cruise though I was told I could not come into dinner because I had a shirt on with no sleeves. Carnival did not tell me about this when we booked. I had to buy a shirt from the shop on the boat that cost $29. I feel I should be having my money back for this. Can you help me as I did not know and only bought shorts and wife beaters? I was on vacation. The food was good and the karaoke place was a lot of fun

Aaron

John Says:

Hello Big Foot Cruiser /Aaron

Thank you for writing and I am glad you had so much fun on the Carnival Ecstasy. I have to be honest and tell you that I didn’t know what a “wife beater” was and had to ask Uncle Google. I must say, that’s an awful analogy.

Anyway, the Maitre D’s are instructed to enforce various dress codes on our cruises and we do not allow Tank Tops or wife beaters as you call them (although it seems a rather cruel description) in the dining room. I am sorry that you had to buy a shirt in the on board shops but the dress codes are written on your ticket information which you receive before you sail so I am not in a position to refund the money for you. I hope though that the shirt is a wonderful reminder of your cruise and the next time you cruise and you have any questions beforehand please let me know here on the blog thingy.

Best wishes

John

This has got to be a joke!!! Please tell me this is a joke!!!

Ashley :)

Which part do you think is a joke? :confused:

Well, all of it. But especially this line: "Can you help me as I did not know and only bought shorts and wife beaters?"

I can see using the term "wife beaters" in casual conversation with friends, but to post the question to someone in an "official" capacity that you are requesting reimbursement from???:confused:

And the fact that he keeps refering to the ship as a "boat". It came across as a joke to me.

Well, all of it. But especially this line: "Can you help me as I did not know and only bought shorts and wife beaters?"

I can see using the term "wife beaters" in casual conversation with friends, but to post the question to someone in an "official" capacity that you are requesting reimbursement from???:confused:

And the fact that he keeps refering to the ship as a "boat". It came across as a joke to me.

Ignorance doesn't even work in a US court of law. Perhaps he has heard the rumors that, if you ask, John Heald will supply you a new wardrobe.

Quite funny...hope this was a joke..men in tank tops in the diningroom...No one in my family would dare...I hope...Don't allow them to wear when we go out at home, so certainly not on a cruise!

I was on either Ecstasy or Conquest and they announced over the loud speaker at dinner the first night, no wife beaters and no baseball caps. Two guys at the next table had both, and not a word was said to them ... they dressed this way for dinner every night.

Im surprised they enforced the dress code to be honest, Iv seen everything worn.

Sometimes, worse!

atank.jpg

ROFLLLLL!!! I'm from the south, and even I have never seen this before!! LOL!!! :D:eek::D:D

I gotta know, MrPete...where did you get this picture? Were you lucky enough to be the one that took it? :P

I'm surprised that in his reply, John got the name of the ship wrong!

Yeah - I noticed that the second time I read it. Maybe he just immediately associates "wife beaters" with Texas! :D (And before I get flamed for that comment - I live in Texas!!)

I was on either Ecstasy or Conquest and they announced over the loud speaker at dinner the first night, no wife beaters and no baseball caps. Two guys at the next table had both, and not a word was said to them ... they dressed this way for dinner every night.

Im surprised they enforced the dress code to be honest, Iv seen everything worn.

Nothing is a shock to me anymore on a CCL cruise!! ANYTHING goes

As long as there are people who appear on The Jerry Springer Show, there will be questions like the one posted to the blog.

Now THAT was a good one!!! :)

I guess "Holmes on Homes" and "Larry the Cable Guy" wouldn't be allowed to come to dinner, as they always wears "Wife Beaters" too! :D It takes all kinds of people to make the world go 'round......

"SKY"

We need to bring back the classic Redneck Cruiser thread!:)

That underwear shirt would fit in pefectly.

I wonder if this would be allowed on a Redneck Cruise...

redneck_overalls.jpg

Archived