Please tell me this was a joke...

Ashpalo

This is not a joke. On our Valor cruise we saw someone in a wife beater in the dining room first night.

I can understand this, as maybe they didn't get their luggage before dinner. (happened to me last cruise - didn't get luggage till 7:30- I had early dining.) But I also saw tank tops/ripped jeans/tiny jean shorts in the dining room AFTER the first evening - dress codes were definitely not being enforced - though 95% of the people I saw did dress appropriately- especially on elegant nights.

Thats not a joke. Lots of folks from the south think tank tops (wife beaters) are Elegant wear. :D:D

I am from the South and am highly offended! :mad:

I think this post should be removed from the boards. Where are the hosts'?

Luv's Crusin'

Luv's Crusin'

Many of the posters on here have very limited travel in our South. If they visited here more, they would know that dress codes in southern cities and towns are among the strictest in the country. And maybe they would have picked up some of our Southern manners. :)

Many of the posters on here have very limited travel in our South. If they visited here more, they would know that dress codes in southern cities and towns are among the strictest in the country. And maybe they would have picked up some of our Southern manners. :)

Amen!

It's a joke about the dress being redneck. In the original Redneck Cruisers thread, most of the posters were southerners. We can laugh at ourselves. Yes, I'm southern myself. It's the same way we laugh about other cruiselines calling Carnival cruisers Walmart cruisers. :)

Loved the ship redo! But I loved her anyhow....:) I am going again in October....You should come along!! Also going with the Crazies in Feb...Super Bowl weekend...there are some kids going...you should come and bring the kiddos! :D

I would LOVE to go, but don't think I can swing it this year. We're going in August out of Mobile. If you guys decide to do a meet & greet before the cruise in Galvaston, let me know and maybe I can drive down and say "hi" (ashpalo at gmail).

In regards to people's image of the South... there are people like that in every city and every race, religion, income bracket, etc. One of my favorite quotes is...

"Paris Hilton is proof that you don't have to be poor to be white trash!!"

Ashley :)

I am from the south and have not been offended at all. We have to learn to laugh at ourselves and not get our feelings hurt by something so simple. I take pride in being a Texan but laugh with the best of them at all the jokes about us.

I am from the south and have not been offended at all. We have to learn to laugh at ourselves and not get our feelings hurt by something so simple. I take pride in being a Texan but laugh with the best of them at all the jokes about us.

Me too! Like the saying goes... "If you can't laugh at yourself, then you shouldn't laugh at anyone else!"

Luv's Crusin'

Do you say "fiddle dee dee" when you're angry?

Me too! Like the saying goes... "If you can't laugh at yourself, then you shouldn't laugh at anyone else!"

Very well put.

Some people take themselves way to seriously, especially when they know nothing about that which they speak.

Thats not a joke. Lots of folks from the south think tank tops (wife beaters) are Elegant wear. :D:D

I really hope people understand that this is just a joke. I'm a Southerner, and had never heard of so-called "wife beaters."

Very well put.

Some people take themselves way to seriously, especially when they know nothing about that which they speak.

We call them Guinea T's up here. Which is ironic, because they aren't just worn by those of Italian descent and they aren't t-shirts.

Someone brought up the point of it being a double standard. OK for females to wear them but not men. What's the difference :confused: (and yes I know the standard argument- hairy pits, but that is not limited to men;))

On the Fantasy last month I saw the MDR turning away people with swim suits, raged shorts and t-shirts several times during breakfast and lunch. At least they were trying to enforce the rules.

Someone brought up the point of it being a double standard. OK for females to wear them but not men. What's the difference :confused: (and yes I know the standard argument- hairy pits, but that is not limited to men;))

Not just non-manscaped pits, but the additional problem of deoderant Klingons.

So not kidding. Best friend's kid is at New England Culinary and he was told to either shave 'em down or keep his whites on.

To the contrary there are many many many people from the south who actually know how to dress. Having moved to indiana, there are some strange people here who could use some fashion classes lol Personally I think it is nothing more than a joke :)

Well said. Take posts on this site with a grain of salt. i really don't think folks are posting to offend.

This thread is kind of ridiculous however. Bottom line, no enforcement of dress code across the fleet. That's it. So, take the chance. Don't want to dress up, go like you will and if you're asked to leave, leave.

I like to dress up. I thinks it's more respectful to those on the waitstaff in MDR. Wanna go casual, go to the buffet.

There's something for everyone on a cruise. That's why we go so often! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon me for jumping in but just had to send you a thanks and let you know how much I appreciated your comment on that other thread that I refuse to participate in any longer. They have all the facts wrong and many of the people are highly abusive; out of cabin from extened balcony to lowest inside for 3 nights; I had 6 out of the 8 cabins flooded and no one received $800. per couple. It was a nightmare and very poor PR with Carnival.

Been on other Carnvial cruises and they were great but prayer that nothing happens as Carnvial has little feelings and very poor compensation.

Thanks for letting me intervene.

And lots of folks other places too, Redneck-iness knows no Geographic boundaries.

Lol, quote of the year!!! :p

I am from the south, and am a self-proclaimed redneck-ess (redneck princess AKA queen of our doublewide trailor lol).... no flames please ;)

Archived