A Question For Dutch By Association

sealady1

Hello,

I was wondering if you had any new information about the condition of the passenger who was evacuated from the Veendam on the 5/16 sailing. I was a passenger and the last I heard was that she was taken to a hospital in Atlantic City and that she was doing okay. If you can, would you give us an update? Thank you.

Hello,

I was wondering if you had any new information about the condition of the passenger who was evacuated from the Veendam on the 5/16 sailing. I was a passenger and the last I heard was that she was taken to a hospital in Atlantic City and that she was doing okay. If you can, would you give us an update? Thank you.

I'm not DBA, but that's private information that he wouldn't be able to give you if he knew ... which is not very likely. :)

I'm not DBA, but that's private information that he wouldn't be able to give you if he knew ... which is not very likely. :)

I am not asking for a complete medical report but only whether she is well or not. Jeez, can't a person show concern without getting flamed?

In similar situations in the past, we've been told any information would be a violation of privacy. That wasn't being flamed. Just because someone tells you that the information you want isn't available, that isn't being 'flamed'. To paraphrase yourself: Jeez, can't a person answer a question without getting flamed? ;)

I am not asking for a complete medical report but only whether she is well or not. Jeez, can't a person show concern without getting flamed?
I'm not flaming you. I'm simply explaining that no HAL employee can give out such confidential information. Not even the Captain on the ship at the time could tell you anything without express permission from a next-of-kin.

I'm not flaming you. I'm simply explaining that no HAL employee can give out such confidential information. Not even the Captain on the ship at the time could tell you anything without express permission from a next-of-kin.

I am sorry that I took your reply the wrong way. I felt so bad about what happened to that poor woman. She was very elderly, 88 years old. I take care of elderly people for a living and I know from experience that any fall, no matter how minor, can be devastating to an elderly person. I just hope and pray that she is okay. My thoughts are with her family.

To the OP -

As other have hinted, I would not be able to release any information I have access to. Since you care for the elderly you likely know all about medical privacy laws, and in fact medical situations ONLY go to the medical department. It's one of those "need to know" type things and they keep very close track of and a very short list of those that have that "need"

Sorry I can't be of more help, and your intentions are very kind, but it's the litigious society that we live in that is to blame.

Sorry I can't be of more help, and your intentions are very kind, but it's the litigious society that we live in that is to blame.

Lets be fair. The reason for the law (known as HIPPA) is the theft and sale or release of people's- particularly celebrities- personal information. There have been many instances of public distribution of personal info.

The crackdown on businesses that have "leaked" private info has been harsh. But do you want your personal info released?

I know the OP had good intentions, but as DBA stated, such info would be compartmentalized, and for him to even speculate could be taken the wrong way.

Privacy is more likely the only reason to blame, as stated, if there need be one...

If something were to happen to me or mine, I would probably not want the outcome published on here.

:o:o:o

Archived