Miracle 4/14/11 sailing extended 1 day

roger1955

Did any one else booked on the 4/14/11 sailing of the Miracle to Bermuda receive a notice that the itinerary will be 1 day longer?

When I called Carnival today about my options if 7 did not work for my schedule, no one there could tell me anything. Has any one else heard if cancellation is possible with reimbursment of deposit?

Our 12/25 Dream cruise was changed, and extended 2 days - leaving 12/23 instead. We received an e-mail, and one of the choices given in the e-mail was to cancel/change ships without any penalty. I would guess they would give you the same option.

Carnival doesnt compensate if they extend a cruise, (Iv had this happen myself), only if they shorten a cruise.

They used to have a rule if any of the ports were changed you could cancel within 24 hours of the change annoucement ..but maybe a month ago?? They revised this rule and now you no longer can cancel the way it said before.

I would read thru the change of itinerary rule real close posted on the website if you find out you really want to cancel. I think this far out if you wanted to cancel a ES, you could get a supervisor to allow it without penalty. Any other rate you can cancel without penalty anyway this far out.

Did any one else booked on the 4/14/11 sailing of the Miracle to Bermuda receive a notice that the itinerary will be 1 day longer?

When I called Carnival today about my options if 7 did not work for my schedule, no one there could tell me anything. Has any one else heard if cancellation is possible with reimbursment of deposit?

OK here is the policy.

what was added is the part that you can only cancel if the change was within Carnival's exclusive control... (whatever that means in this case)... before you could cancel it said if the itinerary was changed ..period.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Port_Cancellation_Policy.aspx

Cruise Cancellation and Itinerary Change Policy CRUISE CANCELLATION

If a cruise is cancelled, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit.

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

Due to the nature of a cruise vacation, itinerary changes sometimes become necessary for safety, weather or other reasons beyond the control of Carnival. If the itinerary change is for reasons beyond Carnival’s exclusive control, including but not limited to safety, security, weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of guests or crew, late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns or problems not known to Carnival, itinerary changes consistent with U.S. State Department travel warnings / advisories or other applicable US or foreign governmental advisories, guests will not be provided any compensation. Guests electing to cancel will be subject to the standard cancellation terms.

Do note, you only have 24 hours to cancel.

There was a issue on some in the past where they only issued the refund as a future cruise credit, not a refund to your card. Carnival had a different interpretation of a refund as some complaining CC members.. (just noting what I have read how Carnival handled it in the past).

Be sure and cancel within the 24 hours if you intend to. after that you will have no options.

If I can put in the search to find the change of itinerary policy ..so could the rep you talked to. Thats being pretty lazy. I had to use the search function on the carnival site, but its not that hard... shame on the reps for being lazy.

My problem is I don't have the extra day of vacation for this cruise now and $500.00 is a lot of money to lose to cancel.

They may hold your $500 toward another cruise ... but be sure and cancel within the 24 hours... this is important, as after that you cant.

Many reps dont know their own policies...and if you wait, later on they will say, its past 24 hours.

Im serious, they will enforce the 24 hours.

Thank you for your help I'm glad I didn't wait.

I got back on the phone and it took me almost 40 minutes but this time the agent still couldn't help right away but went to the trouble of getting me the answers.

Not only am I getting my full deposit back to my CC but there was a admim fee that I had paid when I switched to this cruise and it also will be refunded.

Thank you for your help I'm glad I didn't wait.

I got back on the phone and it took me almost 40 minutes but this time the agent still couldn't help right away but went to the trouble of getting me the answers.

Not only am I getting my full deposit back to my CC but there was a admim fee that I had paid when I switched to this cruise and it also will be refunded.

Yippee. I don't know why they were dragging their feet on this. I think they could easily have looked it up if they were not aware of their own policy.

It probably was more work for someone than they wanted to do until you pushed. good for you getting it done.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived